This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the virus in the first season

Did the asurans or the wraith create it?

Sorry to say this, but we still don't know!
    Speculation: Probably not by the wraith, since, as they said in the episode, that would be like us creating mad cow disease. I doubt it would be the Asurans either since a virus really doesn't seem like their style.
    Wish they'd tell us though... Hate Loose Ends!!!

Comment

i think the ancient created it to use on the wraith, but like a lot of their other experiments, itwent horribly wrong.
      Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
        Did the asurans or the wraith create it?
        See, this is the confusing question. We know it wasn't the Wraith.

However, the question is whether the Asurans created it to attack humans*, or whether the Ancients created it to attack the Wraith*.

* The Asurans would have created it, while under Ancient studies, to wipe out the Wraith's food supply, humans.

*The Ancients would have created it as a prototype version of the Asuran nanites.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Are you talking about the nanites in the ep "Hot Zone"? If so have a look here for some answers http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...03#post6527303

Comment

Answers or speculation. Because I just see the same types of questions being asked here. Any way, as I posted above, there are only two alternatives.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I would say the Asurans created the virus to whipe out all non-Ancient Humans to starve out the Wraith which consequently lead to the Ancients pulling the plug on the Asuran project by whiping them out. Granted, this is just speculation, but it makes sense. I do know it was suppose to forshadow the Asurans.

Comment

After much thought and rewatching of episodes here are my conclusions.

Fact - the virus does not kill ancients or those with the ancient gene.
                Conclusion - therefore not made by the wraith or asurans as ancients would be the most likely target of a virus made by these races.

Fact - part of transcript of season 3 episode 'Progeny'

NIAM: The Ancients, as you call them, were desperate in their search for a better way to fight the Wraith. Though greatly outnumbered, they relied on their technological superiority to give them a needed advantage. Soon, they succeeded in creating one.

(He has led her over to the Z.P.M. slots in the middle of the room. An Ancient scientist is working at a console on top of the slots. Elizabeth looks at the screen of the console, then notices that the scientist keeps looking up at a screen on the wall. She looks across to it, recognises what’s on it and walks across for a closer look. Bug-like but metallic-looking devices are on the screen. We last saw something similar in “Hot Zone.”)

NIAM: Instead of building bigger, more powerful weapons, they chose to build smaller ones -- microscopic machines designed to infiltrate and destroy from within.

WEIR: Nanites.

(The Power Room dissolves around her and Niam and they’re now in a totally dark room, lit only by a broad spotlight from above.)

NIAM: In these tiny killing machines, the Ancients imbued an aggression that surpassed even that of their enemy. The technology allowed for organic assimilation and self-replication to increase their effectiveness ... and replicate they did.

(The dark room dissolves and Niam and Elizabeth appear in the Asuran Conference Room. For a moment they are alone, then human-form Replicators/Asurans appear as if from nowhere.)

NIAM: They grew in numbers, evolving at a rate that took the Ancients by surprise. The molecular machines began interlocking, assembling themselves to form even more complex organisms, eventually evolving into the most effective and efficient form they knew of.

Conclusion -the Ancients built the virus to kill wraith, it backfired. They tried to kill the virus, failed, the virus evolved and became the Asurans. The Asurans are now taking revenge on Atlantis.

Sorry the post is so long.

Comment

Working...
                X