This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video games!

I noticed there really arent too many video game threads on here *or maybe there are and they all died* anyway that's not the point. So some of you may notice i'm not around like crazy like i've been the past few days...it could be because i'm horribly sick and trying to keep from getting pneumonia, or perhaps its this summer intensive class for my major that is making me write a draft every other day. buuut...no...those arent excuses at all!

Anyway, i'm a huge video game player...i sometimes import japanese games *though reading japanese can be really hard espeically when a game smashes the kanji in so it looks so small you have to be japanese to understand*. anyway...that's still not the point. Last saturday I got final fantasy x-2 *i'm a die hard fan of the final fantasy series* and let me tell you...i just absolutely love this game. I think I like it more than final fantasy X.

anyway...i just wanted to say that...i'm currently in a FF x-2 obsession.

other favorite video games:

dance dance revolution 4th and 5th mix
    super mario RPG
    all the other final fantasy games
    lunar
    rhapsody *noticing an rpg pattern here?*
    tetris
    mario
    legend of mana

and on and on...i sort of like halo...no...not really...i'll be honest, i only bought an x-box so a guy i liked would like me more *but it worked hahahahaha*

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Hmmmm . . . my favourite games?

They have to be the range of Grand Theft Auto games. They are unbeatable

Halo is a wonderful game, the graphics are great and the gameplay is great. I have two more levels to finish and I brought the game last Sunday (in May)
    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
      other favorite video games:

super mario RPG

That and Terranigma are my two favorite SNES games.
      "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

the entire FF series is just quality! :-D ddr is pretty fun...i passed standard!
        My flickr photography.

Comment

In my younger years, I was a huge adventure game player. I loved titles like Mega Man, Metroid, and Ninja Gaiden on the original NES, however many of their more recent incarnations I just don't care for (Mega Man in particular).

In more recent years, however, I've become more of a sports game player myself. I love baseball, and have been playing All Star Baseball 2004 on PS2 quite frequently. I am also partial to wrestling games such as WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain.

Being an enormous Transformers fan and collector, though, I've marked out upon the release of the new Transformers title from Atari. I've already beaten it, but I can't put it down. Very beautifully rendered, sound effects are spot-on, and play control is great (once you get used to it). It's probably the first Adventure game I've played all the way through since I was a teenager, if that says anything--but then again, I'm biased.

Jaffa, KREE!

Comment

Let's see, I have three kids so I get a LOT of games for PC and PS2 format. I have alwasy been a fan of the FF series, still working X and plan to buy X-2. I am into RPG but lean towards the Rise Of Nations/Age of Mythology side of the house. I also love Risk type strategy games, Other games include, DIABLO2, Far Cry, I will even admit that I got Harry Potter three for the PC. But it was weak. I finished it in about 7 hours. Very disapointed. But I should remember that it was designed for a teen. Also play (does this guy ever shut up??)

Thats about it for now, I have been playing for quite a few years. Anyone remember the Doom, Doom2, Quake Era??? I rocked at Team Fortress!!!

|-)

Comment

Originally posted by Serpent Guard
              Being an enormous Transformers fan and collector, though, I've marked out upon the release of the new Transformers title from Atari. I've already beaten it, but I can't put it down. Very beautifully rendered, sound effects are spot-on, and play control is great (once you get used to it). It's probably the first Adventure game I've played all the way through since I was a teenager, if that says anything--but then again, I'm biased.
              Transformers rule!

I have yet to get it ....but I will soon, because I really want it, because "Transformers rule."

My friend and I have been playing Griffey baseball on the N64 since it came out like 6 years ago. Graphics are pretty bad, its just one of those games that is fun just because.
              "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Long live PS2s
                Long live Red Faction 2!!!
                Long live Worms 3D!!!!!
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

The best game ever for me has to be Goldeneye on the N64. That rocked
                  __

__

Comment

I love shooters... Socom2 being my latest addiction. Also love Halo, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell and the Medal of Honor games.

I like RPGs too... I'm a huge Zelda fan. Sadly I still don't have a Gamecube, so I haven't had a chance to play Wind Waker. Diablo II and Baldurs Gate II are worthy of a mention as well.

Oddly I've always had a thing for fighting games. My No. 1 favorite game is by far Mortal Kombat II. Rayden owns all, by the way.
                    Last edited by Capt. Rivet; 13 June 2004, 03:38 PM.

Comment

These are my favourites....

Shooter: Deus Ex

RPG: Final Fantasy VII easily!

Adventure/Action: Primal (amazing game!)

Fighting: Dead or Alive 2 (kinda pervy but its fun to play)

Driving: Gran Turismo 3 (I still haven't completed it and I've had it for about 2 years now!)

I can't think of any others.....ooh, Metal Gear Solid is in there too! Not the second cos that was just like one huge cutscene
                      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

If you're going to play a game, then play Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow. I have completed this game on XBOX and it took me about a week to complete! I admit I'm a games boffin

Anyways, the game is awesome. I have heard that the PS2 and GameCube versions are also to be very good
                        __

__

Comment

never had a fav game....but played a lot...and i know a lot about old and new games

Comment

I tend to get bored quite easily playing video games.. but my brothers are major fans of almost anything, so i've always had the opportunity to waste a little bit of time playing.

when we were kids however, the best ever game that kept us occupied every day after school for ages was ToeJam and Earl.

nothing special in the graphics department...nothing special in any department really. except that it was helarious. with the mad scientist, the oogy-boogy letter box and the nerds that chased and flattened you if you got in the way.

lots of fun

Comment

Come on, we're all geeks and nerds here! Let's share our other passions of nerdiness! VIDEO GAMES!! List 'em here, and chat about them! What kind do you like? RPGs? 1st person shooters? Hack 'n' Slash? Puzzle solving? What's the all time best one the PS2? GC? GBA? XBOX? Have fun!!

My Own Little World

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
                              101 Ways to Annoy, Harass, Confuse or Generally Scare Lord Voldemort
                              "Be nice to nerds;
                              one day, you'll end up working for one."
                              -Evil Overlord Bill Gates
                              Ba'al: I'll never let go, Jack, I'll never let go!
                              Jack: *choke* That's my throat, Ba'al.....

Comment

Working...
                              X