Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Chloe constantly getting screwed over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Chloe constantly getting screwed over?

We all know about her travails with Clark, but recently it seems like the world has dumped all over her. She found out she's a meteor freak and has no idea what that means, she woke up in a morgue cooler (which just makes me cringe), her cousin has kinda stolen her thunder at The Daily Planet, and to top it all off her boyfriend is probably gonna get the hots for Supergirl. Oh and next week Dean Cain is going to try and kill her. Can't they just leave her alone for a bit and maybe let her be happy?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

To be fair, it's a drama, and all the characters have had their fair share of angst. Lana, Clark, Lois...they've been angst to death.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
      To be fair, it's a drama, and all the characters have had their fair share of angst. Lana, Clark, Lois...they've been angst to death.
      Lana esp. and literally.

Comment

At least they've still got a big role for her. Finding out Clark's secret is a death sentence for most people with the exception of Pete Ross who still got the boot anyway, Lex who got his brain fried shortly after finding out and Lionel who was changed by Jor'el to be a sort of avatar for him.

Lois and Lana are pretty much eye candy half the times and don't really provide anything in much of plot or story. Chloe on the other hand is usually knee deep in trouble and there to help Clark.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
          Yeah I know it just seems like Chloe gets the most crap, not teh huge traumas the other characters get, but just crap. The kinda stuff that would make you kinda sad and would add up after awhile. To paraphrase Rodney Dangerfield, "Chloe gets no respect". I guess I just feel bad for her in a way I don't feel bad for the other characters.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Yeah, she does get screwed over but I think its on purpose. Chloe is the only female character in this show I care about and its because she is so real, she gets put down but she doesn't let that stop her. She in my opinion is the most developed character in Smallville and its because all the sh*** the writers put her through.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I've never figured out why clark would be interested in those other girls when he's had a sure thing right in front of him the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                I've never figured out why clark would be interested in those other girls when he's had a sure thing right in front of him the whole time.
                I feel the exact same way. If I had been Clark, Chloe would have been my first choice long ago. She's a very special woman. Smart, beautiful, and trustworthy.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                  I guess it comes down to interests...Clark's more interested in brown/black haired women (Lois and Lana). If I were Clark, the only issue with dating Chloe is that she would be too great a friend to ruin a friendship should a romantic relationship fall south.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Right from the first episode I've been calling this show Angstville lol!

Chloe is by far the coolest character in the show for me and has soooo many great scenes, nearly all of them with Clark.

Kinda cool how she's being written into the comic books too
                    "Welcome to the Good place"

Let's save the planet, it's the only one we have.

Comment

this thread totally needs spoiler warnings
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

After tonight's episode, I again can't help but
                        Spoiler:
                        feel sorry for Chloe. All she wants is to be normal, and that plan sure went all to hell. And now she's lost Jimmy too. His loss though.
                        Poor girl.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          After tonight's episode, I again can't help but
                          Spoiler:
                          feel sorry for Chloe. All she wants is to be normal, and that plan sure went all to hell. And now she's lost Jimmy too. His loss though.
                          Poor girl.
                          He was such a ----

ahem. Well, at least I don't get extremely annoyed with Chloe!angst. It's Lana!angst that drives me up the wall.

Comment

Working...
                          X