PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Atlantis - Yahoo TV SGA Site: Video Clip from "Reunion":

morjana
October 11th, 2007, 03:26 AM
At the Yahoo TV Stargate Atlantis video site:

http://tv.yahoo.com/stargate-atlantis/show/35558/videos

There is a 1:46 video clip from "Reunion":

Carter Leaves SG-1 & Heads To 'Atlantis' 01:46

Col. Carter says good-bye to Teal'c and SG-1.

jenks
October 11th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Bit cheesy for my liking :S

Linzi
October 11th, 2007, 04:09 AM

Thanks, Morjana. I really enjoyed that. :)

silkie
October 11th, 2007, 04:31 AM

Bit cheesy for my liking :S

Neah, In view of Sam/Teal'c unending romance :(:mad: I say it was rather subdued...

Alipeeps
October 11th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Hmmm.. I have to admit, I do find myself a little resentful of them using an SGA ep to reminisce fondly about 10 wonderful years of SG1 - it really rather felt like the writers used this scene to bid an emotional farewell to their beloved show... Maybe it'll play better in context.

chocdoc
October 11th, 2007, 05:15 AM
Thanks, Morjana. I really enjoyed that. :)

Me too. I've always liked the Sam and Teal'c relationship, and I like the sentiment shown here between them -- it makes sense given their history together.

jenks
October 11th, 2007, 05:18 AM
Seemed forced to me, not believable in fact. When I watched it I saw Amanda and Chris, not Carter and Teal'c...

Maltrancko
October 11th, 2007, 05:30 AM
i saw two friends who won't be seeing eachother as much anymore after working together for 10 years
whether it be AT and CJ or Carter and Teal'c it is still relevant, and the idea of using this scene to show the SG-1 side just shows the crossover of the whole canon, it gives the universe a more "real" feel, not so much an us and them approach, i think it was great, althought CJ's hair leaves much to be desired... hope to see a Ronan fight with Teal's but i guess i'll have to wait
till Midway anyway

rarocks24
October 11th, 2007, 06:13 AM

/cry :(

I'm sure when the actual episode comes out, that scene will be a bit more powerful. What with music and all.

P-90_177
October 11th, 2007, 06:37 AM
I really enjoyed that. Very touching indeed.

Neah, In view of Sam/Teal'c unending romance :(:mad: I say it was rather subdued...

There is no evidence that there was any sort of romance between those two in unending. She cried when their friend and leader died and tealc just happend to be there to comfort her. that was all. for all we know tealc had just gone to say goodbye as well but was too late.

SGFerrit
October 11th, 2007, 07:44 AM
I thought that was a great scene. Good to see Carter's trepidation, and that she doesn't just go bounding in. Good to see the emotion too. Can't wait until Reunion! It seems so far away even though it's so close! AGHHH!

rarocks24
October 11th, 2007, 07:44 AM
I really enjoyed that. Very touching indeed.

There is no evidence that there was any sort of romance between those two in unending. She cried when their friend and leader died and tealc just happend to be there to comfort her. that was all. for all we know tealc had just gone to say goodbye as well but was too late.

Sam/Teal'c has always been a rather subtle concept since the beginning. Sure, they're great friends, but that's sometimes how it starts.

maxbo
October 11th, 2007, 08:07 AM
This is a beautiful scene that plays well even out of context. Whether it's viewed solely as a Sam and Teal'c scene or a scene between AT and CJ, it's beautically done. When I heard that Teal'c had a cameo in this episode I wasn't sure how it would work and I'm pleased that I had no reason to be concerned.

SGFerrit
October 11th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I am in awe at some of the comments I have seen about this. When Doppelganger got leaked, it was like this from one particular part of fandom...

"Carter showed NO emotion during that speech she is SOO bland lol!"

And now that we have watched this scene that is nice and emotional for Carter, we get...
"Ugh, whats with all of the emotion!?! Sappy.COM!"

I mean, come on. The woman just can't win, can she?

Commander Ivanova
October 11th, 2007, 10:26 AM
AT and CJ were so wooden you could almost see the strings during the first part of that clip. They warmed up towards the end though. Very strange. May be better in context I suppose.

sofie
October 11th, 2007, 10:26 AM
This is such a beautiful scene!! Very emotional! Amanda shows again what a fantastic actress she is.

Sparky13
October 11th, 2007, 11:10 AM

In "Unending"'s DVD commentary, there is mention of subtle hints in the episode of a Carter/Teal'c romance.

stclare
October 11th, 2007, 11:45 AM
I am in awe at some of the comments I have seen about this. When Doppelganger got leaked, it was like this from one particular part of fandom...

"Carter showed NO emotion during that speech she is SOO bland lol!"

And now that we have watched this scene that is nice and emotional for Carter, we get...
"Ugh, whats with all of the emotion!?! Sappy.COM!"

I mean, come on. The woman just can't win, can she?

Isnt this true though for every character in every genre? if you as a viewer realy dont like a character, then your never gonna gonna be happy with what the writers do with them.

Im pretty sure every character in Sga has fans that love'em and those that hate'em. As long as they respectfuly make there comments in the appropriate threads and leave the actor/actress alone i have no problem with it ;) Mckays my fave charater he gets bashed all over the shop :) but its all good :)

Ugly Pig
October 11th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Wow... That was GREAT!! Loved Teal'c's "undomesticated equines" line, my immediate thought was... "nice callback". And then Sam said it! Which made me go, "indeed"... and what was Teal'c's next line? :D

Great scene.

SGFerrit
October 11th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Isnt this true though for every character in every genre? if you as a viewer realy dont like a character, then your never gonna gonna be happy with what the writers do with them.

Im pretty sure every character in Sga has fans that love'em and those that hate'em. As long as they respectfuly make there comments in the appropriate threads and leave the actor/actress alone i have no problem with it ;) Mckays my fave charater he gets bashed all over the shop :) but its all good :)

Surely you see how laughable the blatant hypocrisy is stclare?

Alipeeps
October 11th, 2007, 01:40 PM
In "Unending"'s DVD commentary, there is mention of subtle hints in the episode of a Carter/Teal'c romance.

I thought the mention in the commentary was Amanda etc joking that she and Chris had decided in their minds that there was something going on between Teal'c and Carter in that ep, not that there was actually anything *canon* in the ep to that effect? I don't remember seeing anything along those lines in the ep... but I only watched it once so... :S

Sparky13
October 11th, 2007, 01:48 PM
I thought the mention in the commentary was Amanda etc joking that she and Chris had decided in their minds that there was something going on between Teal'c and Carter in that ep, not that there was actually anything *canon* in the ep to that effect? I don't remember seeing anything along those lines in the ep... but I only watched it once so... :S

Hi, Ali! I'll have to re-watch the commentary and see if Amanda was joking or not. I did think that a ship between Carter and Teal'c was not OOC or anything and would have been a nice touch. So perhaps I'm reading more into the ep than was actually there.

expendable_crewman
October 11th, 2007, 02:56 PM
This is a beautiful scene that plays well even out of context. Whether it's viewed solely as a Sam and Teal'c scene or a scene between AT and CJ, it's beautically done. When I heard that Teal'c had a cameo in this episode I wasn't sure how it would work and I'm pleased that I had no reason to be concerned.

I agree. Well done. I'm very much looking forward to this ep.

prion
October 11th, 2007, 04:14 PM

I only watched it once too but hoenstly, didn't see any romance between the two, but after decades, sure, it could happen.

AT and CJ were so wooden you could almost see the strings during the first part of that clip. They warmed up towards the end though. Very strange. May be better in context I suppose.

It was a bit on the schmaltzy side but I think it may play better in the show.

Hmmm.. I have to admit, I do find myself a little resentful of them using an SGA ep to reminisce fondly about 10 wonderful years of SG1 - it really rather felt like the writers used this scene to bid an emotional farewell to their beloved show... Maybe it'll play better in context.

I think we can look forward to SG1 inserts in nearly every episode as no, the writers are averse to giving up on SG1 (after all, they want the main franchise to go on and on....) *cough*

Major_Griff
October 11th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Undomesticated Equines! Classic! I can't wait for Reunion, only 25 hours!

AutumnDream
October 11th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Cute scene.

Lord Balls
October 11th, 2007, 05:38 PM
best scene ever for both characters. Wished the whole SG1 is there to send her off at the gate.

Mitchell82
October 11th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Seemed forced to me, not believable in fact. When I watched it I saw Amanda and Chris, not Carter and Teal'c...

I disagree. I saw it as a realistic portrayal of their friendship.

Aussie_Fan
October 11th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Okay.. so how come the writers can write REALLY great character moments for SG1 but have a lot of trouble when it comes to Atlantis??

captain Qball
October 11th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Great scene...nt without it's plot holes though.

Teal'c said Bratac told him something on the day he left Chulak...would that be before he met SG-1, when he didn't know he would betray his god, or after, when they made a mad dash for the gate?

CaldwellForce
October 11th, 2007, 09:04 PM
I agree. Well done. I'm very much looking forward to this ep.

Looks like a great episode

Platschu
October 11th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Beautiful scene. I wish Daniel, Vala and Mitchell could be there to say good bye to her. :(

Major_Griff
October 11th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Great scene...nt without it's plot holes though.

Teal'c said Bratac told him something on the day he left Chulak...would that be before he met SG-1, when he didn't know he would betray his god, or after, when they made a mad dash for the gate?

Maybe Bra'tec said it before Teal'c left when Teal'c showed him SG-1 in the holding cell as seen in Threshhold. Like in an offscreen moment Bra'tec could sense that Teal'c was leaning towards his actions and said that to him to let him know he was making the right decsion

AGateFan
October 12th, 2007, 02:30 AM
i saw two friends who won't be seeing eachother as much anymore after working together for 10 years
whether it be AT and CJ or Carter and Teal'c it is still relevant, and the idea of using this scene to show the SG-1 side just shows the crossover of the whole canon, it gives the universe a more "real" feel, not so much an us and them approach, i think it was great, althought CJ's hair leaves much to be desired... hope to see a Ronan fight with Teal's but i guess i'll have to wait
till Midway anyway
If they had done something like in the later seasons of SG-1 maybe that show would still be on the air. But it seems out of SG-1 context seeing how they all went their separate ways at the beginning of S9 without so much as a "see ya".

However it was long overdue and if in context it is only a small part of the show then I think appropriate. If they linger on this exit from the SGC and dont have the majority of the focus on SGA then it will be out of place.

Oh yea and "Teal'c....whats with the hair". OMFG that is horrible...yet another slam against the SG universe thanks to unending.

jenks
October 12th, 2007, 02:32 AM
If they had done something like in the later seasons of SG-1 maybe that show would still be on the air. But it seems out of SG-1 context seeing how they all went their separate ways at the beginning of S9 without so much as a "see ya".

However it was long overdue and if in context it is only a small part of the show then I think appropriate. If they linger on this exit from the SGC and dont have the majority of the focus on SGA then it will be out of place.

Oh yea and "Teal'c....whats with the hair". OMFG that is horrible...yet another slam against the SG universe thanks to unending.

How do you know?

AGateFan
October 12th, 2007, 02:38 AM
How do you know?
Well, I watched all the episodes in S8 and S9. The team apparently at some point broke up.... and there was no scene where anyone said anything let alone "see ya".

No mention of saddness at any point about being apart and no emotion when everyone was basically "forced" back together by circumstance.

jenks
October 12th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Well, I watched all the episodes in S8 and S9. The team apparently at some point broke up.... and there was no scene where anyone said anything let alone "see ya".

No mention of saddness at any point about being apart and no emotion when everyone was basically "forced" back together by circumstance.

That we saw...

AGateFan
October 12th, 2007, 03:26 AM
That we saw...
Yes that we saw....hence the "If they had done something like in the later seasons of SG-1 maybe that show would still be on the air".

You need to SHOW it on the show...of course in this case they didnt even TELL us, they just skipped it altogether leaving it to fanfic writers...thus it did not occur in cannon.

silkie
October 12th, 2007, 05:24 AM

How do you know?

That we saw...

Well Jenks by your logic even though we haven't seen any scenes with SG-1 molesting minors we can all assume they do it as a past-time...

jenks
October 12th, 2007, 05:28 AM
Clearly my logic has gone way over your head. I'm sure it is obvious to everyone else that what I'm saying is that just because we haven't seen something happen, that doesn't mean it didn't or couldn't have happened, not that anything we haven't seen did happen.

helenmagnus23
October 12th, 2007, 06:03 AM
Hi:)

I just watched the clip again and i have to say Amanda and Chris played it really really well it's a nice moment between them and i could understand how hard it is for sam to leave given everything thats happened over the years and teal'c always been there for her especialy in UNENDING and know she will be in another galaxy .

With UNENDING i feel some thing more developed between sam and teal'c on the oddessy and evan though sam dosnt remeber teal'c does and i could see in the clip how hard it was for teal'c to say good bye to sam :sam::tealc: .

wise one
October 12th, 2007, 11:34 AM
he still has his grey hairs!

Mandysg1
October 12th, 2007, 11:50 AM
he still has his grey hairs!

Maybe Teal'c doesn't believe in using hair dye ;)

Bagpuss
October 16th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Love the clip.:cool:
I saw two close long-time friends taking a fond moment to say farewell...and if it gave a nod to ten long years of backstory in SG-1,then it was probably the PTB's intention.

As for T's hair ,I prefer the badger stripe to stay.:D