X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Terminator film set for 2009

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7037229.stm

I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

i think this should be cool, as long as they make decent movies that don't rely soley on the terminator name to sell, *cough* T3 *cough* i actually read about this a couple of days ago on sci-fi wire but i have heard people talking about T4 and assumed it was already common knowledge
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Oh lord

Let it die already. T3 was shameful enough, you don't have to keep violating the franchise's corpse, kids.

/T2 should've been the end.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Oh lord

Let it die already. T3 was shameful enough, you don't have to keep violating the franchise's corpse, kids.

I loved the first tow Terminator films but I've a bad feeling about this one

T3 made money even though it was terrible, this new 4th movie now has the chance to become the biggest turkey, biggest flop...even bigger than a Catwoman or Battlefield Earth

Comment

I like T3 and expect T4 to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Oh lord

Agreed, T3 totally undid the whole no fate but what we make thing T2 set up, which was just crap IMO.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

i think i prefer the premise for t4 than i did for t3, i am optimistic even though i thought T3 was like an average hollywood blockbuster movie, unlike the brilliant first 2
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

I liked T1 and 2, but T3 was iffy.

Frankly the complications are enough to do my head in.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                  Agreed, T3 totally undid the whole no fate but what we make thing T2 set up, which was just crap IMO.
                  Actually, T3 didn't undo the no fate but what we make message, it took it further. T1 presented a predestination paradox. T2 broke that predestination paradox by having the reprogrammed Terminator help the Connors destroy Cyberdine Systems. They changed the future, and when both Terminators and the remains of the first Terminator were destroyed, it was assumed that they prevented Judgment Day. The third movie that they succeeded in changing the future, but that Judgment Day was delayed, not prevented. The message of the movie is that you can change the future, but some events are inevitable.

Comment

You people are acting like these movies are amazing. All three of them are rehashes, that's what the series does. The difference is the series does it well.

T3 was a fine movie, it is just a lead up to T4-T6, that's all the point of it was.

I rather they worry about Fox canceling the amazingly great TV show than them making a fourth movie.

Comment

I liked T3 also. But T2 was probably the best overall.
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing one set in the future
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I saw T3 for the first time last spring, expecting to hate it after hearing so many complaints about it. But I actually really liked it. I thought it was a great movie, not as good as the first two (the second I think is impossible to top.....Robert Patrick was just plain terrifying), but far better than your standard action movie fare, and I really liked the ending which I was miraculously unspoiled for. So I'm glad that they're keeping the continuity, at least for the movies, even if they aren't for the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                            Actually, T3 didn't undo the no fate but what we make message, it took it further. T1 presented a predestination paradox. T2 broke that predestination paradox by having the reprogrammed Terminator help the Connors destroy Cyberdine Systems. They changed the future, and when both Terminators and the remains of the first Terminator were destroyed, it was assumed that they prevented Judgment Day. The third movie that they succeeded in changing the future, but that Judgment Day was delayed, not prevented. The message of the movie is that you can change the future, but some events are inevitable.
                            So in other words there is fate beyond what we make.
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Not quite. It was inevitable that mankind would create killer robots (Terminators) and a computer system to run them and protect all the other computer systems (Skynet). This isn't fate, it was just bound to happen, because Humanity was too naive to think that their robotic creations would turn against them. This is a classic sci-fi premise, actually. A man creates a robot, then the robot turns on the man, thinking the man is corrupt and dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                              X