Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who played old!Weir in "Before I Sleep"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who played old!Weir in "Before I Sleep"?

A mystery has unfurled. ImdB, Wikipedia and Amazon.com all claim that Holly Dignard played old!Weir in 1x15 - "Before I Sleep".

But according to an interview, Torri Higginson played old!Weir. So who was it?

It was Torri - it says so on the credits at the end of the episode.

Comment

Yes it was Torri Higinson who played old weir.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Then what did Holly Dignard do? Maybe she played someone else and they mislabeled her role? O_o

Comment

perhaps. dunno. one of the ancients maybe......or maybe she was going to play the role but they changed their minds.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

What's with the exclamation mark in the middle of your title? Kind of hard to make a mid-sentence typo with a shift key.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
              What's with the exclamation mark in the middle of your title? Kind of hard to make a mid-sentence typo with a shift key.
              Please tell me you haven't spend who-knows-how-long as a mod here and missed the practice using ! to signify alternate versions of characters.

alt!Jack (alternate universe)
              old!Weir (old version)
              evil!Sheppard (evil version)
              bug!Sheppard (bug version)

etc.

It's also common in fandom, like, hrm, hrm, bottom!Jack (yes, slash fics actually use that XD).

Comment

Torri Higginson was in old-age make up for old Weir in "Before I Sleep." It's possible that Holly Dignard was a stand-in for old Weir in some shots. For example, if old Weir has her back to the audience and is looking at young Weir who's facing the audience, then that could be Holly Dignard as old Weir. It's also possible that IMDB is wrong, it does happen now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  Torri Higginson was in old-age make up for old Weir in "Before I Sleep." It's possible that Holly Dignard was a stand-in for old Weir in some shots. For example, if old Weir has her back to the audience and is looking at young Weir who's facing the audience, then that could be Holly Dignard as old Weir. It's also possible that IMDB is wrong, it does happen now and then.
                  That seems to be the most popular theory at the forum where this was first brought up.

Comment

^ What he said.

Whoops, sorry, FAII got in there before me
                    sigpic
                    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                      Please tell me you haven't spend who-knows-how-long as a mod here and missed the practice using ! to signify alternate versions of characters.

old!Weir (old version)

etc.
                      What's the point of writing "bug!sheppard" and "old!weir" when "bug sheppard" and "old weir" mean exactly the same thing?

P.S. It would have been nice if you could have answered the question without the sarcasm and condescension.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I think this is correct. I know I've seen somewhere, some special or something where Torri is acting as the young Weir and there is another one in the scene as the old Weir. So I think Torri did all the acting and that Holly was simply playing Weir in shots where she had her back to the camera or wasn't properly in focus so you couldn't easily see her face.

Comment

There was indeed a stand-in and it's a fair bet that the stand in was Holly Dignard if she's listed as playing Old!Weir.. when you see Old!Weir in the bed, the Young!Weir with her back to the camera is the stand-in (and is also acting out Young!Weir's lines for Torri as Old!Weir to respond to). And when you see Torri as Young!Weir at the bedside, likewise the stand-in is in the bed as Old!Weir acting out the lines for Torri to respond to (and, of course, with corresponding footage of Torri as Old!Weir on the monitor screens behind/beside Torri as Young!Weir to complete the illusion.

They mention how it was done on one of the DVD extras... possibly the Mission Directive or maybe the commentary for the ep.. or maybe some in both.. I can't quite recall.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post

old!Weir (old version)

etc.

It's also common in fandom, like, hrm, hrm, bottom!Jack (yes, slash fics actually use that XD).
                            I have been on these and other sci fi fan boards for years and have never seen this naming convention either. This is the first thread I have seen it in, I though it was a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by shrap View Post
                              I have been on these and other sci fi fan boards for years and have never seen this naming convention either. This is the first thread I have seen it in, I though it was a typo.
                              I don't know about other Sci-Fi shows, but whenever there's an Alternate Universe-episode (or timeline or whatever), people use this naming convention here on the boards.

Comment

Working...
                              X