Something I found quite odd...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I found quite odd...

They were trying to save as much energy as possible. So they lowered the shield to only cover the tower, but they left all the lights on in the unshielded part of the city No-one needed those lights....

Is it a nod to everyone who wastes energy by leaving little things like lights on?
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

I thought that was odd as well. But I don't think much of it.

Comment

actually it looked to me like many many of the lights were off.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Perhaps the lighting system was one of the auxilliary systems they couldn't turn off.

Or perhaps the FX people realised that a flying city in space with the lights on looks cooler than one with the lights off.
        sigpic

Comment

mabe by chance they had to use some parts of the city that were right below the tower and it was impossible to turn all the light off that were in that section and some of the section was outside the shield.
          sigpic

Comment

The last thing they needed was to get pulled over for not having their lights on.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
              Or perhaps the FX people realised that a flying city in space with the lights on looks cooler than one with the lights off.
              I think that's the answer. plain and simple
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                The last thing they needed was to get pulled over for not having their lights on.
                This is definitely the answer...

The only sections I can see with lights on are the inhabited ones.
                Also they didn't turn down the shield area, the city automatically did that and Rodney thought it a bad idea to force it not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                  || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

We'll leave the light on for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson View Post
                      This is definitely the answer...

The only sections I can see with lights on are the inhabited ones.
                      Also they didn't turn down the shield area, the city automatically did that and Rodney thought it a bad idea to force it not to.
                      No, the city shrunk the shield down just a little bit but later on, McKay recommended to Sheppard to shrink the shield down to just around the tower to be safe.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        No, the city shrunk the shield down just a little bit but later on, McKay recommended to Sheppard to shrink the shield down to just around the tower to be safe.

Vala,
                        Yeah, I rewatched the episode and you guys are right, the shield went down automatically then mckay lowered it more...

However I still couldn't see any lights on, when mckay went back to destroy the asteroid the tower it was about to hit had no lights.

Comment

Working...
                        X