Peter's Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter's Lighting

I hope this wasn't asked in another part of the forum but where did he get that lighting power?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

This ability was likely gained during the four month gap period, as yet to be explained. Peter's ability tp phase through the ropes is also likely due to exposure to D.L. - an encounter as yet not elaborated upon.

Answers in time.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
      I hope this wasn't asked in another part of the forum but where did he get that lighting power?
      I'm assuming he got it from Ted Sprague, but if it's specifically lightning and not just awesome nukey powers, it could be from one of the people Sylar killed. I don't think it's been established yet if Peter gained all the powers Sylar had during the big showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        I'm assuming he got it from Ted Sprague, but if it's specifically lightning and not just awesome nukey powers, it could be from one of the people Sylar killed. I don't think it's been established yet if Peter gained all the powers Sylar had during the big showdown.
        Personally, I don't see why Peter wouldn't have gained all of Sylar's acquired powers. But, some official confirmation would be nice.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It would make sense that Peter would have gained the powers that Sylar had. At least his ability to figure out how something works since that's his natural power.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

There's a quick mention in mid-Season One that Peter got telekinesis from Sylar during their locker room encounter in "Homecoming" -- indicating that he does pick up Sylar's unnatural, acquired abilities. In theory, he now has everything that Sylar had at the plaza showdown.

Some abilities manifest themselves immediately whether Peter likes it or not -- notably, Ted's. Some only show up when absolutely necessary -- like Claire's. And some, logically, he probably has no idea he can do because he's never had reason to.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Niki, DL, Molly and Micah were all in Peter's vicinity in the finale. It's possible that he got all of their powers.

Peter definitely should have all of Sylar's powers, unless he's had some powers removed. Using them, however, is a completely different story. I don't think we've seen all the powers Sylar has taken.

The lightning could also be him reflecting one of the Irish guys' powers (maybe even powers they don't know they have).

Comment

Yup the phasing came from D.L at Kirby Plaza.

The Lightning is a complete mystery so far.

Peter wouldn;t neccessarily absorb all of Sylar's powers. Depending on how Sylar's power works, it might be that Peter can only take the ones he's got active at the time, telekinesis, super-hearing etc
                I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

The lightning guy was mentioned in teh comics during the dark future, where Future Peter and Future Hiro rescue "specials" from a prison... where Peter meets Nicki for the first time.

Comment

here's a thought. you know how peter was really ticked of at that irish guy for trying to pull a fast one.........what if he also absorbed some of silers anger somehow. i mean i know it's not a power but it didn't seem like peter to almost choke a guy like that.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I think he might have been more pissed that the guy shot him in the chest. I may have acted like Peter and I haven't done any power swapping with a serial killer.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

The lightning guy has turned up in the comics (Blackout I think the story was) but he went away to some retreat far away so it seems unlikely Peter met him. From the latest comic part of me wonders if the lightning is Caitlin's power...
                        I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
                          The lightning guy has turned up in the comics (Blackout I think the story was) but he went away to some retreat far away so it seems unlikely Peter met him. From the latest comic part of me wonders if the lightning is Caitlin's power...
                          I read the most recent comic and thought the same thing for a moment. But the first time we see him use that power was when they first found him in the crate. Before he ever met Caitlin.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            I think he might have been more pissed that the guy shot him in the chest. I may have acted like Peter and I haven't done any power swapping with a serial killer.
                            I know I would have been mighty angry.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
                              I read the most recent comic and thought the same thing for a moment. But the first time we see him use that power was when they first found him in the crate. Before he ever met Caitlin.
                              Plus I read this on "Behind the Eclipse". The weekly interview with show writers Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite found at http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12055

Spoiler:

Karen Miller asks, "In the last BEHIND THE ECLIPSE you said that Peter's cool new electricity power was something he'd absorbed from someone he'd met in the four months between seasons 1 and 2. Will he meet this person again later this season?"

Writers: She'll come looking for him. That's all we can say.

CBR Staff: Ohhh, nice tease! Something to look forward to, Karen
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X