This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo Movie Good-Bye Kiss

The movie is out, for now, according to IGN Movies. However, I believe a TV show would be better. IF, and thats a big if, they pull it off -- it could bring in loads of money for the franchise, consdiering it stays in action for 3-5 years (like most tv shows). I believe Sci-fi should make the show personally, but what do you guys think on this topic?

Should halo be a movie or tv show, and what station should bring it in?

it a should be a move and if it were a tv show HBO or showtime should do it. if scifi does it it well be caned half way thou the frist season.

Comment

I dunno why they are having so much trouble with this. The success of Halo 3, the success of the Halo books, and basically the success of anything with Master Chief's face on it should prove it a viable franchise by now. I mean, does any corporate suit honestly think it wouldn't make money? You could potentially be looking at the next Star Wars type franchise, though built in reverse.

Comment

The main concern here is that most movies based off of video games are very bad bad BAD! I mean absolutely terrible beyond description. Though I think Halo has a very well written story that, if put into the right hands, could be made into a masterpiece. But that's the problem, we need competent people to make this a success.

Personally, I think Halo would work much better as a multi-part miniseries. There are just so many events in the Halo universe that not even three movies could ever fully cover: Creation of the SPARTAN program, first contact with the Covenant, the fall of Reach, the events of the first game, first strike against the Covenant, first attack against on earth, events of the second game, creation of the SPARTAN-III program, the discovery of Onyx, the events of the third game...
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Well, most movies based off of video games suck because the game has a horrible plot when you really get down to the nitty-gritty of it.

Halo has transitioned well to three novels, with another on the way. So obviously it has a strong plot.

I admit a mini-series would allow them to explore the plot in greater detail, but that would honestly be too cost prohibitive. No matter how much they could make back, no network would green light the production of a multi-part mini that has the budget of several series entire seasons- and I don't see making this movie/series being cheap.

To do it best I think they would have to use the novels as their plot bases, and just shorten everything. No book ever translates perfectly into movie form, and this wouldn't be any different.

Comment

thank god!! now they can move on a do a decent game to movie adaptation like Unreal!
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by boxvic View Post
              To do it best I think they would have to use the novels as their plot bases, and just shorten everything. No book ever translates perfectly into movie form, and this wouldn't be any different.
              I think I herd that the Halo Movie actualy followed the plot of the book Halo: The Flood rather then directly following the game. The book is set during the first game but shows a lot more of the story from several different sides

Comment

Since the majority of movies based on video games are terrible, though I like the Resident Evil ones..haven't seen the third one yet though, I kind of had hoped for good things from the Halo one since Peter Jackson was initially linked to it. But it seems to be defunct now so.....

While a movie would have probably done the best, a tv mini series might have been an interesting possibility since there is alot of possible material to cover. But either would have depended on a number of factors...like quality of writers, directors, actors, etc. involved.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                  Since the majority of movies based on video games are terrible, though I like the Resident Evil ones..haven't seen the third one yet though, I kind of had hoped for good things from the Halo one since Peter Jackson was initially linked to it. But it seems to be defunct now so.....

While a movie would have probably done the best, a tv mini series might have been an interesting possibility since there is alot of possible material to cover. But either would have depended on a number of factors...like quality of writers, directors, actors, etc. involved.
                  Check out the short movies at www.halothemovie.net. When you have Neill Blomkamp directing, you don't even need quality writers to make something interesting. The man is a genius.

Comment

I hope someone considers making a movie or three out of Halo. Halo is such a big name that it would be a waste of resources not to invest them into a huge franchise. Halo eve had its own version of Mt. Dew.

Comment

Originally posted by layla17 View Post
                      I hope someone considers making a movie or three out of Halo. Halo is such a big name that it would be a waste of resources not to invest them into a huge franchise. Halo eve had its own version of Mt. Dew.

a big name doesn't mean a good movie, i don't think the story will transfer to the big screen well. i'm still campaigning for an Unreal movie, that story would go much better as a movie.
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Unreal would be interesting but it's not a big enough name in the mainstream world, unfortunately, that most people would be interested in it. Heck, the original game is so old now that people barely recognize it.
                        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

A Halo movie is just further proof that Hollywood will cease producing anything original, and instead make further crappy films relying on the title rather than quality to draw viewers in. Since this whole run of game to film fad started there has not been one decent one made. In fact some of the worst films period that have come out in the past few years have been the game to film productions. So in short, don't get to excited for I highly doubt they will change their ways. What is going to be produced is just another run of the mill crap fest relying solely on 15 year old teenage boys to shell out $10 simply because they are fans of the game. My prediction is this will be more of the same.

Comment

I think movies would be best for Halo, mainly because it would allow for the biggest budget. Halo would need lots of CGI characters, Green Screen affects, sets to be built.

Maybe there could be a couple of TV Miniseries that lead up to the movies, some events of the Fall of Reach for Halo, Halo: First Strike for Halo 2, and Halo: Uprising for Halo 3.

I don't see why they can't make this a movie, the game makes more than most movies. I don't know why Hollywood keeps making and rewarding very bad movies. After Lord of the Rings came out, I thought that would be the new standard for movies, sadly not only have movies not improved since then, they seem to be getting worse, with a few exceptions.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                              Unreal would be interesting but it's not a big enough name in the mainstream world, unfortunately, that most people would be interested in it. Heck, the original game is so old now that people barely recognize it.
                              the UT series is still going and Unreal 2 only came out 2 years ago, i just think it has a stronger "movie type" plot, which is not quite as "hard sci fi" as the halo plot, and i don't really think it matters that it's an old game, that might even help its cause because people wouldn't automatically go "oh ANOTHER video-game movie *droll*" as they would with halo.
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              Quotes!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X