What power do you think Dr. Seresh has?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What power do you think Dr. Seresh has?

It may not look like he has a power, but I bet that he has an advanced immune system or is impervious to disease.
    sigpic

he only has that one anti-body that fights the disease that takes away the heroes powers, i dont think he has any genetic power, noone else in his family does
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

His sister did, which is why she died from the disease in the first place.

Comment

If he had a power, it would be already turned out, so I don't think he has.
        'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
        One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
          His sister did, which is why she died from the disease in the first place.
          did they ever definatively say that only people with powers can get the disease
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

did HRG or mr bennet say to suresh that if he might be on the list and then he looked i dunno how to explain it.

well his dead sister had a power, whats to say he doesnt, it might be dormant or still hasnt evolved yet
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              did they ever definatively say that only people with powers can get the disease
              Mohinder said specifically that the disease threatens to wipe that specific group out. The implication was definitely that it affected only "man's latest evolution".

I'm not sure how Mohinder came to have an antibody to cure the disease. I keep wondering if his father did something specific to cause him to develop it. I would think that his having an ability would be risky. You can't afford to have a cure inside a person that falls victim to the same disease.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                I'm not sure how Mohinder came to have an antibody to cure the disease. I keep wondering if his father did something specific to cause him to develop it. I would think that his having an ability would be risky. You can't afford to have a cure inside a person that falls victim to the same disease.
                yeah, i thought it was said that suresh sr. found a cure for the disease but it was too late to save her so he put it in mohinder. but mohinder having the cure means he can never catch the disease anyway! perhaps having the cure in him is supressing his ability
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                Quotes!
                sigpic

Comment

I was under the impression that having the antibody wouldn't affect his ability. Any thoughts?

Comment

Well the cure restored other peoples abilities, so I'd go with a no on the whole suppression thing.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Suresh has the power to narrate in an American-British accent.

If I'm remembering right Mohinder said his father developed the cure for the virus, but too late to save his sister. Chandra Suresh gave Mohinder the cure as a precaution.

If Mohinder did have a power Chandra would have known about it and cultivated that power (since it would prove hm right). If Mohinder did have a power Chandra wouldn't have had to go to New York to find his proof.

EDIT:

Actually Talking of Mohinder's narrating powers, wouldn't it be great if it turned out Matt was hearing his narrations and they really were a power. Yes. That would be beyond amazing.

He hasn't narrated much reccently though. I knew something was missing and that's what it is!
                      Last edited by cheese; 09 October 2007, 09:05 AM.
                      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Do you people watch the show? The cure is in his blood. He explained this all over season one and mentioned it to Molly when he was treating her. He also said he only has the anti-body to this one disease.

I am fairly certain that he would find out that he had a power. His father is the one who began tracking these people. Don't think Mohinder would find out that he indeed is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                          He also said he only has the anti-body to this one disease.
                          why isn't he dead? you can't walk around with only the anti-body to one disease in your system, every time you encounter a new disease your body will try and make a new one.

anyway, perhaps suresh sr just never realised his son was a hero, because he never thought of looking in his own family?

maybe his power is the power to never give up, "run!" was on tv the other night and i rewatched it, and he phones hundereds of people and gets hung up on a lod of times but he never gets angry or anything!!

i always did wonder though, how he realised that sylar was really sylar, maybe he's an empath and can feel peoples intentions?
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          Quotes!
                          sigpic

Comment

it's plausable that Mohinder could have a power, it's plausable his DNA has been altered by his fahter, maybe Suresh had a power, his sister Shanti got ill, and his father develpoed Suresh in the womb and took away his powers in lieu of a cure for Shanti!?

Spoiler:
                            We are led to beileive that others have a power too, Hiro's father smay have one, So to may Nathan and peters mother, it's never outright said, but the powers do run in the family.

Also it's quite good the way that if they do posses abilities, they keep them secret and are discreet about them, like they were very niave about them when they were all together, they suggested they joined together to combat some evil or to help others, but then corruption got the better, if they do have powers, then all that wide eyed and nievate would be gone, what is left now is resolve, mistrust, and perhaps bitterness, hece the reason whey they never seem to use them on a day to day basis!!
                            sigpic
                            In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                              why isn't he dead? you can't walk around with only the anti-body to one disease in your system, every time you encounter a new disease your body will try and make a new one.
                              Duh. He's given his immunity to whatever else he's overcome to the recipients. It's like a mega-flu shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X