PDA

View Full Version : What power do you think Dr. Seresh has?

Ehecatl
October 7th, 2007, 08:56 PM
It may not look like he has a power, but I bet that he has an advanced immune system or is impervious to disease.

October 8th, 2007, 01:59 AM
he only has that one anti-body that fights the disease that takes away the heroes powers, i dont think he has any genetic power, noone else in his family does

knowsfords
October 8th, 2007, 02:25 AM
His sister did, which is why she died from the disease in the first place.

Arwen Undomiel
October 8th, 2007, 03:17 AM
If he had a power, it would be already turned out, so I don't think he has.

October 8th, 2007, 03:26 AM
His sister did, which is why she died from the disease in the first place.

did they ever definatively say that only people with powers can get the disease

wise one
October 8th, 2007, 11:20 AM
did HRG or mr bennet say to suresh that if he might be on the list and then he looked i dunno how to explain it.

well his dead sister had a power, whats to say he doesnt, it might be dormant or still hasnt evolved yet

MarshAngel
October 9th, 2007, 04:31 AM
did they ever definatively say that only people with powers can get the disease

Mohinder said specifically that the disease threatens to wipe that specific group out. The implication was definitely that it affected only "man's latest evolution".

I'm not sure how Mohinder came to have an antibody to cure the disease. I keep wondering if his father did something specific to cause him to develop it. I would think that his having an ability would be risky. You can't afford to have a cure inside a person that falls victim to the same disease.

October 9th, 2007, 05:13 AM
I'm not sure how Mohinder came to have an antibody to cure the disease. I keep wondering if his father did something specific to cause him to develop it. I would think that his having an ability would be risky. You can't afford to have a cure inside a person that falls victim to the same disease.

yeah, i thought it was said that suresh sr. found a cure for the disease but it was too late to save her so he put it in mohinder. but mohinder having the cure means he can never catch the disease anyway! perhaps having the cure in him is supressing his ability :S

layla17
October 9th, 2007, 06:25 AM
I was under the impression that having the antibody wouldn't affect his ability. Any thoughts?

jds1982
October 9th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Well the cure restored other peoples abilities, so I'd go with a no on the whole suppression thing.

cheese
October 9th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Suresh has the power to narrate in an American-British accent.

If I'm remembering right Mohinder said his father developed the cure for the virus, but too late to save his sister. Chandra Suresh gave Mohinder the cure as a precaution.

If Mohinder did have a power Chandra would have known about it and cultivated that power (since it would prove hm right). If Mohinder did have a power Chandra wouldn't have had to go to New York to find his proof.

EDIT:

Actually Talking of Mohinder's narrating powers, wouldn't it be great if it turned out Matt was hearing his narrations and they really were a power. Yes. That would be beyond amazing.

He hasn't narrated much reccently though. I knew something was missing and that's what it is!

Phenix
October 10th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Do you people watch the show? The cure is in his blood. He explained this all over season one and mentioned it to Molly when he was treating her. He also said he only has the anti-body to this one disease.

I am fairly certain that he would find out that he had a power. His father is the one who began tracking these people. Don't think Mohinder would find out that he indeed is different.

October 11th, 2007, 03:24 AM
He also said he only has the anti-body to this one disease.

why isn't he dead? you can't walk around with only the anti-body to one disease in your system, every time you encounter a new disease your body will try and make a new one.

anyway, perhaps suresh sr just never realised his son was a hero, because he never thought of looking in his own family?

maybe his power is the power to never give up, "run!" was on tv the other night and i rewatched it, and he phones hundereds of people and gets hung up on a lod of times but he never gets angry or anything!!

i always did wonder though, how he realised that sylar was really sylar, maybe he's an empath and can feel peoples intentions? :S

Darkstar 2.0
October 11th, 2007, 04:39 AM
it's plausable that Mohinder could have a power, it's plausable his DNA has been altered by his fahter, maybe Suresh had a power, his sister Shanti got ill, and his father develpoed Suresh in the womb and took away his powers in lieu of a cure for Shanti!?

We are led to beileive that others have a power too, Hiro's father smay have one, So to may Nathan and peters mother, it's never outright said, but the powers do run in the family.

Also it's quite good the way that if they do posses abilities, they keep them secret and are discreet about them, like they were very niave about them when they were all together, they suggested they joined together to combat some evil or to help others, but then corruption got the better, if they do have powers, then all that wide eyed and nievate would be gone, what is left now is resolve, mistrust, and perhaps bitterness, hece the reason whey they never seem to use them on a day to day basis!!

IcyNeko
October 11th, 2007, 07:44 AM
why isn't he dead? you can't walk around with only the anti-body to one disease in your system, every time you encounter a new disease your body will try and make a new one.

Duh. He's given his immunity to whatever else he's overcome to the recipients. It's like a mega-flu shot.

Wyrminarrd
October 11th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I thought it had been explained that Mohinders father altered him while he was still in the vomb in order to produce an anti body for his daughter. Sadly Mohinders sister died before Mohinder was born and thus never received the cure.

Basically Mohinder was the equivilant of a child that´s conceived just in order to be a compatible bone marrow transplant for an older sibling.

cheese
October 11th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Wyrm: Yes, that's pretty much it. There is no evidence whatsoever that Mohinder has powers, and plenty of evidence that he doesn't. I'm sure his father would have checked him, it wouldn't make sense for him not to considering his sister had a power.

Mohinder caught on to Sylar by seeing a newspaper article showing Zane had been murdered, given the method of death it wouldn't exactly take a lot of genius to realise that Sylar was posing as Zane.

Phenix
October 11th, 2007, 07:21 PM

anyway, perhaps suresh sr just never realised his son was a hero, because he never thought of looking in his own family?

maybe his power is the power to never give up, "run!" was on tv the other night and i rewatched it, and he phones hundereds of people and gets hung up on a lod of times but he never gets angry or anything!!

i always did wonder though, how he realised that sylar was really sylar, maybe he's an empath and can feel peoples intentions? :S

Wow talk about taking something literally.

October 12th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Mohinder caught on to Sylar by seeing a newspaper article showing Zane had been murdered, given the method of death it wouldn't exactly take a lot of genius to realise that Sylar was posing as Zane.

i must have missed that bit

Wow talk about taking something literally.

oh well, i'm reknowned for taking stuff too literally,

tombombadil
October 15th, 2007, 04:21 PM
i dunno, good at figuring out puzzles? he seemed to figure out his dad's work faster than anyone else.

Trek_Girl42
October 15th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Disagree on the whole power thing, and I still hope that Mohinder doesn't/never will have a power. Characters such as Mohinder and HRG and Ando remain extremely important in their not having powers- otherwise the show would just be too saturated in them, and we'd lose the part in which normal people still want to help the powers-gifted-folk. That those with powers aren't the enemies of everyone who doesn't have them- and that just because a character doesn't have a power, it doesn't mean that they're not one of the Heroes. :)

tombombadil
October 16th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Disagree on the whole power thing, and I still hope that Mohinder doesn't/never will have a power. Characters such as Mohinder and HRG and Ando remain extremely important in their not having powers- otherwise the show would just be too saturated in them, and we'd lose the part in which normal people still want to help the powers-gifted-folk. That those with powers aren't the enemies of everyone who doesn't have them- and that just because a character doesn't have a power, it doesn't mean that they're not one of the Heroes. :)

I Agree!:D

Colonel Eriksen
October 16th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Well I am guessing that he could have a advanced immune system

IcyNeko
October 17th, 2007, 09:09 AM
He has the enhanced ability to pilot a taxi.

tombombadil
October 17th, 2007, 02:18 PM
He has the enhanced ability to pilot a taxi.
racist! lol. but seriously didn't he have difficulty with the taxi

IcyNeko
October 17th, 2007, 06:22 PM
The "Post Reply" button isn't a divine order from the gods. You don't have to reply. Ever.