Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis - SciFi Wire: NEW weekly poll - Paul McGillion as Scotty?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - SciFi Wire: NEW weekly poll - Paul McGillion as Scotty?

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php

(Look for the poll on the top right hand side of the web page. Please go to the link to vote in the poll.)

THIS WEEK'S POLL

"Stargate Atlantis" former doctor, Paul McGillion, is rumored to be in line to play Scotty in J.J. Abrams' upcoming "Star Trek." Will he fly?

Yes! He's giving it all he's got!

No! What about James McAvoy?

Depends! Can he do a Scottish accent badly?

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

That'll be a big YES from me!

Comment

Are there exploding tumors in the Trekverse?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        Are there exploding tumors in the Trekverse?
        *dead pan* No, but they have back from the dead characters.

Is this weird? To be having a poll about an actor going up for a role he hasn't got yet? What?

Comment

Press has been far more nuts over Paul possibly being cast than any other actor or character (even after being cast). I am a bit surprised, but hey, if they want to fuel the "Paul for Scotty" fire, I'm ok with it

sigpic
          www.savecarsonbeckett.com
          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
            Is this weird? To be having a poll about an actor going up for a role he hasn't got yet? What?
            The poll is whether or not you like you'd like to see Paul in the role. What's weird about that?

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
              The poll is whether or not you like you'd like to see Paul in the role. What's weird about that?
              Well knowing Paul went up for the role (and has not gotten it yet ) then making a poll on it is weird to me... a step ahead of themselves and it also could be embarrassing for Paul should he not get the role and we find out (as we often do) that Paul never really stood a chance in the first place

If it was after Paul was given the role it would make more sense and seem less weird to me.

Comment

I voted for Paul.I'd love to see him play Scotty.

Tbh ,nothing is guaranteed till the Trek PTB publicly announce their decision..but there's no harm in hoping !
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  Well knowing Paul went up for the role (and has not gotten it yet ) then making a poll on it is weird to me... a step ahead of themselves and it also could be embarrassing for Paul should he not get the role and we find out (as we often do) that Paul never really stood a chance in the first place

If it was after Paul was given the role it would make more sense and seem less weird to me.
                  I think Paul would be touched to see how many fans want him to be Scotty, even if he didn't get the role. I don't think he would be embarrassed knowing how many people are rooting for him. If he did get the role, it would show TPTB how many people agree with their choice.

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                  (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

*Sniffs* Simon Pegg might get the role.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7041249.stm
                    BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                      *Sniffs* Simon Pegg might get the role.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7041249.stm
                      Hmmm, interesting casting. Thanks for the link and passing on the news. To be honest, I never thought Paul would get the role though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Seems to be definite now as it's been on the radio 'n' all. Simon Pegg is the new Scotty.
                        sigpic
                        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                          Seems to be definite now as it's been on the radio 'n' all. Simon Pegg is the new Scotty.
                          Not on my radio, but did catch it on the groups. While I like Simon Pegg in what he's done, I do think (and this isn't being biased) that Paul M would have made a better Scotty overall. He's got the accent down, physical resemblance, dark hair.... oh well, I'll catch the Trek movie on cable or whatever now. If Paul had been in it, yup, yes, I would have paid to see it in a theater.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            oh well, I'll catch the Trek movie on cable or whatever now. If Paul had been in it, yup, yes, I would have paid to see it in a theater.
                            Yeah, I kinda feel the same. Not so exciting, is it? I just love actor cross-overs between sci fi fandoms. Would've been cooler with Paul.
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                              Yeah, I kinda feel the same. Not so exciting, is it? I just love actor cross-overs between sci fi fandoms. Would've been cooler with Paul.
                              I watched Trek on its original NBC run, but as it's gone on in years, it's lost its allure. I had no intention of watching this movie, but with Paul in it? heck yes. Now I'm back to 'catch it later.' Unless it gets really good reviews (and friends tell me its worth seeing).

Comment

Working...
                              X