how'd they explain it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how'd they explain it

all i want to know is how did they manage to explain the firey explosion over new york city, i mean sure it's four months later but not a single person has mentioned it yet, i don't think they could have pulled a massive memory wipe, so how'd they cover it up... maybe they answered it in one of the online comics but they don't seem to load on my cp...
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

We'll probably find out in the ep where they tell us what happened four months ago.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

"Two stealth fighters patrolling NYC airspace in response to a non-specific terror alert tragically and dramatically collided in the night-sky four months ago today, exploding the contents of their fuel packages in a fireball that could be briefly witnessed from the city itself. As the investigation into faulty flight equipment continues, we will take a moment to remember these brave men, who died serving their country...... amen."

Comment

Originally posted by YodaMate View Post
        "Two stealth fighters patrolling NYC airspace in response to a non-specific terror alert tragically and dramatically collided in the night-sky four months ago today, exploding the contents of their fuel packages in a fireball that could be briefly witnessed from the city itself. As the investigation into faulty flight equipment continues, we will take a moment to remember these brave men, who died serving their country...... amen."
        What about the radiation? I sure it would have been detected my a variety or sources.

Comment

Experimental fuel payloads aboard the fighters, we can't explain further for reasons of national security.

There would probably be a spike in readings, but after that not much. After all, NYC is still trucking along just fine : if there were actual radioactive particles produced chances are NYC would have been contaminated by such a blast in the open air. I doubt that Nathan took him into the upper atmosphere, he can fly but he also has to breathe.

Comment

"The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a Nuclear Explosion. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus."

*Flashes Pen-Like Device, Straightens Tie, then walks off*

Comment

^

LOL

Swamp gas is NYC That would be the least credible cover story every

Comment

It's NYC. Who would be outside late at night to see it anyway? That's just asking for a mugging.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                  It's NYC. Who would be outside late at night to see it anyway? That's just asking for a mugging.
                  The muggers might see it.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

<Muggers> A HUGE EXPLOSION MANG!
                    <Cops> What were you doing otu late at night?
                    <Muggers> Walkin.
                    <Cops> It's dangerous. You could get mugged.
                    <Muggers> Oh, we're not afraid of that.
                    <Cops> You're under arrest.

Comment

How would they explain the event in the square!?

shootings, teleportation, kick ass moves, and two men fly off to explode in the night's sky, well they didn't die, but any person could have seen that, and bearin mind, i'm thinking in the mind set that it wasen't a dressed set lol!!!

yeah, who would beleive the rambling of a homeless guy who said he saw crocodiles in the sewers, and two men flying in the sky!!?

sigpic
                      In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

It's called creative license. Just accept that it happened and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                          there's always people walking outside at night or driving around, what are the odds that out of all the people in nyc that only those at the plaza would see it! your telling me not a single ny/mugger/bum/tourist looking for their hotel/ cop on patrol hooker saw an explosion!? not buying it
                          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                            there's always people walking outside at night or driving around, what are the odds that out of all the people in nyc that only those at the plaza would see it! your telling me not a single ny/mugger/bum/tourist looking for their hotel/ cop on patrol hooker saw an explosion!? not buying it
                            See I agree with this determination, neither a Hooker, cop or drug dealer saw a blinding light, WTF!did they all feel the need to sneeze at the same time and missed the flash!!!????

I'm concerned nobody saw anything in the plaza in the first place, they say NYC is the place that never sleeps, and that is kinda true, there are people about any time of the day, you can't go any number of blocks in NYC without seeing a person or homeless person, that being that NYC is up there with the most populated areas of the planet to area size.
                            sigpic
                            In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Wow, if you guys take this so seriously, I'd hate to sit through scifi sessions wiht you. "ZOMG HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN AND NO ONE NOTISE? OH NOES~"

Comment

Working...
                              X