PDA

View Full Version : The Wraith will be huge trouble

JSPuddlejumper
October 7th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Asurans can build ships much faster than the Ancients, and it looks like they made some upgrades: White shields (much stronger than Auroa class shields), and their ships can cloak.

Earth ships facing off against the Asurans will be in huge trouble as well. Why? Our weapons wont dent the Asuran shields.

s09119
October 7th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Asurans can build ships much faster than the Ancients, and it looks like they made some upgrades: White shields (much stronger than Auroa class shields), and their ships can cloak.

Earth ships facing off against the Asurans will be in huge trouble as well. Why? Our weapons wont dent the Asuran shields.

1. Color has nothing to do with shield strength.

2. Their shields were yellow/orange.

3. The Lanteans posessed cloaking technology, as well, yet the Wraith beat them.

wise one
October 7th, 2007, 11:14 AM

earth ships has been faced with tougher ships, i think

well aslong as mckay or sheppard are on those ships, then they wont be destroyed

Sweetsong
October 7th, 2007, 04:46 PM
The Lanteans posessed cloaking technology, as well, yet the Wraith beat them.

What about beaming technology? I don't think I've ever heard of a reference to that, and if not then thank God for the Asguard.

Jumper_One
October 7th, 2007, 06:04 PM

well aslong as mckay or sheppard are on those ships, then they wont be destroyed

don't forget Carter

Lord batchi ball
October 7th, 2007, 07:44 PM
1. Color has nothing to do with shield strength.

2. Their shields were yellow/orange.

3. The Lanteans posessed cloaking technology, as well, yet the Wraith beat them.

Ok I am not talking too you directly even though I quoted you but....

enough about the color of the shields it means absolutey nothing, for all we Know they may have festive color for thier shields, its christmas how about
some red or today I feel like having blue.

And the Asurans will have a tough war with the Wraith because they both have similar numbers and advanced tech so lets sit back and watch the show.

SmallTimePerson
October 7th, 2007, 08:00 PM
plus *SPOILERS FOR 4x02*The Apollo fared quite well against the replicator ship that decloaked in front of Sheppard

lol so true...

P-90_177
October 7th, 2007, 08:54 PM
i just feel sorry for any wraith facing down an asuran in a ground battle.

they look human so first the wraith will try to stun them. but of course energy weapons won't effect them so they'll just keep going. then the wraith will try getting physical and try to feed at which point they wouldn't be able to absorb any energy and the asurans would just pick them up and throw them off. even worse if a wraith dart transports them and takes them to a hive.

andromeda_dan
October 8th, 2007, 08:03 AM
could it be possible that one of the reasons the lanteans stop using the replicators in their battle against the Wraith is that the Wraight would start to absorb and assimilate replicator abilities and strenghts? Afterall, the Wraith evolved from the iratus bug after generations of absorbing humans/ lanteans.

P-90_177
October 8th, 2007, 08:15 AM
well yes.......but the lanteans were biological where as the asurans...........aren't.

andromeda_dan
October 8th, 2007, 09:13 AM
The Wraith may learn to absorb the nanites and control them almost in the same manner as how EW was injected with nanites, then having Mckay reprogram the nanites to become harmless to EW. If EW was able to use the nanites in her to control Oberoth and the replicators, then it would also be possible for the Wraith to absorb the replicator nanites with their life force sucking palms and control them as well.

Anubis-
October 8th, 2007, 11:06 AM
I did not know are they trouble, but I would be glad if I able see one of those fight.

nova
October 8th, 2007, 02:21 PM
well, now that sheppard and his team have activated the command code for asurans to attack the wraith, i dont think the wraith stand a chance... im sure i read a future ep sysnopsis, and the wraith gonna need our help to defeat a major enemy or sumthing.

well, i say leave the wraith to face the asurans alone, then we jump in and destroy the asurans after wraith r dead

O'Neill is funny
October 8th, 2007, 08:19 PM
i just feel sorry for any wraith facing down an asuran in a ground battle.

they look human so first the wraith will try to stun them. but of course energy weapons won't effect them so they'll just keep going. then the wraith will try getting physical and try to feed at which point they wouldn't be able to absorb any energy and the asurans would just pick them up and throw them off. even worse if a wraith dart transports them and takes them to a hive.

Exactly.

Imagine trying an expieriment and transforming a wraith so he can suck the stuff outa asurans. "WHOOHOO MORE RAM!!!!"

wise one
October 9th, 2007, 12:09 PM
but asuran nanites are programmed to kill wraith DNA

well the wraith wouldnt handle too well since there are only a few of them left

future episodes:
it seems atlantis lends a hand to the wraith who gather a alliance to defeat a common foe, so their quite desperate

Azriel
October 9th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Do the Wraith even know about the Replicators? I always thought that the Replicator project was abandoned before they were even pitted against the Wraith. If that is the case, would be curious to see how the Wraith would react, they might even look at the Replicators and think they are Ancients - returning from the dead so to speak:)

PG15
October 9th, 2007, 11:38 PM

Somebody forgot about Camelot...

SmallTimePerson
October 10th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Somebody forgot about Camelot...

Notice as soon as they got off the ship it blew up?

Defiant
October 10th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Do the Wraith even know about the Replicators? I always thought that the Replicator project was abandoned before they were even pitted against the Wraith. If that is the case, would be curious to see how the Wraith would react, they might even look at the Replicators and think they are Ancients - returning from the dead so to speak:)

They've had ten thousand years to come across the planet ;)

Defiant
October 10th, 2007, 08:09 AM

Not seen anything to say the Asuran shields are stronger plus earth has the entire Asgard database and they've had ten thousand years to grow. We also seen an earth ship destroy an Ori vessel

GhostPoet
October 10th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I think the Wraith are in for the beatdown of a lifetime.

BUT...I think this move is also a mistake. It's never good to back your enemy into a corner...they do things you can't predict. Desperate measures for a desperate situation....

I think the Wraith are going to end up being desperate enough to make a few changes to themselves and their ships to counter their new enemy.

Atlantis may have inadvertantly created an even deadlier Wraith threat in the long run.

Oh and I just wanted to add...Atlantis is freaking awesome!!! :) Best show on TV.

garhkal
October 10th, 2007, 03:20 PM

BUT...I think this move is also a mistake. It's never good to back your enemy into a corner...they do things you can't predict. Desperate measures for a desperate situation....

I think the Wraith are going to end up being desperate enough to make a few changes to themselves and their ships to counter their new enemy.

Atlantis may have inadvertantly created an even deadlier Wraith threat in the long run.

Oh and I just wanted to add...Atlantis is freaking awesome!!! :) Best show on TV.

True enough.. I wonder how this will pan out for the IOA>.

PG15
October 10th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Notice as soon as they got off the ship it blew up?

Good point. ;)

HyperspaceDaemon
October 15th, 2007, 05:02 AM

Indeed: the Wraith seem to be in big trouble. However, it all depends on how will
the writers imagine this war because many plot twists can be invented .

However, my guess is that it's more likely that at some point the SGA team will
first manage to destroy the Asurans (possibly aided by some Wraiths) and then
deal with the weakened Wraith.

I am saying this because : if the Replicators destroy all of the Wraith they'll turn
furiously against Earth , and at that point the SGA team will have to do something
to destroy them all quickly. So we'll have no Wraith and no Replicators - a boring
galaxy and an unlikely scenario.