Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costume Change ( Spoilers for Doppelganger)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costume Change ( Spoilers for Doppelganger)

I noticed that they are all wearing new uniforms now and i was wondering why they switched, I was just getting used to the old ones and now they have to go to new ones.

I know this isnt really a big spoiler but i dont want people to get mad at me because they might count it as one.
    sigpic

New season, new leadership, new design. I like that they didn't use the new uniforms at the beginning of the season and they changed them slowly.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      New season, new leadership, new design. I like that they didn't use the new uniforms at the beginning of the season and they changed them slowly.
      Well they didn't have much of a choice. 401 and 402 followed directly on from 320 so they HAD to use the uniforms that were in 320.
      Can't see them suddenly realising, when they are facing almost certain doom, that they still haven't tried on those new uniforms and they simply MUST go and get changed and see how fab they look before they die

Presumably, the change will occur in 403 but we will have to wait to see that one.

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
        I noticed that they are all wearing new uniforms now and i was wondering why they switched, I was just getting used to the old ones and now they have to go to new ones.

I know this isnt really a big spoiler but i dont want people to get mad at me because they might count it as one.
        They switched because the old uniforms were very uncomfortable for the actors. I liked the old ones too, but the new ones aren't bad. We'll get used to them after a while.
        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I like the "biker" feel of the new uniforms with their dark "leather?" type appearance.

Comment

The new leather look is awful.
            How far can we go from a military style?
            If I hear the character “McKay” mentioning citrus fruits in leather my mind will be thrown to the two images of the two fat ladies. (An old British cooking show; two large ladies and a motorbike.)

The only change in costume needed was the integration of the character “Ronan” into the Atlantis style, instead the PTB have transformed the team to hells angels wannabe’s. ARGHHHH
            I had noticed the intro of a leather jacket for “Shep”…..Looks crap

sigpic

Comment

when series one came out i never fancied the uniform but gradually they evolved into a more realistic look, but now with the leather it makes the show look less and less believable
              sigpic

Comment

I like the look of the new costumes...I don't really know how it fits with the the change of command though. Why couldn't they just keep the old ones?.....I have no idea, but I still kind of like the new ones......they are interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by KiLL3r View Post
                  when series one came out i never fancied the uniform but gradually they evolved into a more realistic look, but now with the leather it makes the show look less and less believable
                  Personally I don't like the new uniforms very much (nor the old ones). They seem too science-fiction-y to me, which would look fine in shows like Star Trek, but not in a contemporary setting like Stargate.

Especially now with a change in command and a more militaristic approach, I'd much prefer they wear some sort of utiliy suits that are combat ready, like the BDU John's wearing.

KiLL3r: nice sig! I have a wallpaper just like this (without the titles).
                  "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Right now, the only decent costume is Sheppard's, the black BDUs.

The new leather look is just, well, blech. But I prefer that over Carter's outfit, which isn't at all flattering. WHoever designed it didn't seem to realize that the horizontal stripes on the front and back of the jacket are just too 'busy', especially when you've got Atlantis and flag patches on the shoulders. The color stripes on the gawdawful-didn't-we-suffer-enough-in-the-70s sleeves are overkill.

I much preferred season 3's attire.

Teyla's is gonna change due to her change, and Ronon's seems okay but those arm sleeves, as a fan on LJ said, are okay on Audrey Hepburn but why does Ronon wear 'em??

Comment

Originally posted by KiLL3r View Post
                      I think it's just a case of style vs. functionality.

I actually love the new uniforms and leather-esque clothing. Even Teyla's "Athosian" outfits look fantastic to me now.

It may not be standard military stuff for Shep Etc. but then again, the whole Atlantis Expedition is a combo of a lot of elements, the US military being just one of many. It's not entirely unbelievable that they would be allowed to change it up while on Atlantis.

It's just one of those things that I accept because it's a TV show and I like the characters looking cool.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

The new leather look is just, well, blech. But I prefer that over Carter's outfit, which isn't at all flattering. WHoever designed it didn't seem to realize that the horizontal stripes on the front and back of the jacket are just too 'busy', especially when you've got Atlantis and flag patches on the shoulders. The color stripes on the gawdawful-didn't-we-suffer-enough-in-the-70s sleeves are overkill.

Teyla's is gonna change due to her change, and Ronon's seems okay but those arm sleeves, as a fan on LJ said, are okay on Audrey Hepburn but why does Ronon wear 'em??
                        I agree. The BDUs are the only thing on the show that looks half way decent. The rest of the clothes are 70's cliche scifi and make all the characters look lame. It really makes the show look like bad B rated scifi. I always expected more from Stargate.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                          I agree. The BDUs are the only thing on the show that looks half way decent. The rest of the clothes are 70's cliche scifi and make all the characters look lame. It really makes the show look like bad B rated scifi. I always expected more from Stargate.
                          Agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

Oh my goodness... I hate the leather. TPTB were always very practical in SG1.. leather is like the worst thing to wear while stomping off after baddies.

However I loooove what Teyla was wearing at the beginning of Reunion. But that's the only thing she's worn so far that I like.

Who's designing this stuff??

Comment

I think the new uniforms actually look good since they said that the series was taking a darker edge. I like the fact that they are implimenting the dark colors and even the darker lighting.

Comment

Working...
                              X