PDA

View Full Version : First whales now.... [spoilers]

kymeric
October 6th, 2007, 04:19 PM
On their first world there were sentient whales and on the new one there are giant venomous snakes. The writers showed us the whales in 2 episodes last season, so i hope we get at least one snake episode. Maybe with them getting in one of the ships that had landed.

OMG ALIEN SNAKES ON AN ALIEN PLANE!!!!!!

parisindy
October 6th, 2007, 05:34 PM
On their first world there were sentient whales and on the new one there are giant venomous snakes. The writers showed us the whales in 2 episodes last season, so i hope we get at least one snake episode. Maybe with them getting in one of the ships that had landed.

erm... eh?

~Benjamin~
October 6th, 2007, 05:57 PM

why do you want there to be a snake episode?and how does that relate to the whales?

Mattathias2.0
October 6th, 2007, 06:18 PM
If you ask me, talking snakes is very controversial for several reasons.

Xicer
October 6th, 2007, 06:19 PM
All we need is Samuel L. Jackson to guest star in said snake episode and we're set, lol. :D

Avenger
October 6th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Exactly where I was about to go.

Snakes on the mother ****ing Apollo!

Skydiver
October 6th, 2007, 07:29 PM
nonono, MEGASNAKE!!!!!! :D

SmallTimePerson
October 6th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I thought Anaconda personally...
especially after reading Skydiver's comment.

Agent_Dark
October 7th, 2007, 01:25 AM

IM SICK AND TIRED OF THESE MOTHER****ING SNAKES IN MY MOTHER****ING CITY

ahahhahahahaah. would probably be the best episode ever.

Detox
October 7th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Exactly where I was about to go.

Snakes on the mother ****ing Apollo!

Oh my god!

If they can get Ellis to say that...

PETITION!

MechaThor
October 7th, 2007, 02:47 AM
I would love a giant venomous snake epsiode!
Or even if its not the whole epsiode I would just like to see them once.
Infact the secound Mckay mentioned them I was already thinking up possible episodes for them.

Unlike the whales they don't have to be Sentiant. But instaed i imagine them as large "tremors" sized snakes. Which kinda cat like the raptors from Jarrasic Park.

There could be an epsidoe inwhich after exsploring and getting stuck on the mainland, Sheppards team realise that they are not alone in the forest! Not only that they snakes are attheir most dangerous as its almost breeding season!

Or having one or more escape into Atlantis would be cool!

kirmit
October 7th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Do you think TPTB chose giant snakes because of the film Michael shanks was in involving a giant snake?

JSPuddlejumper
October 7th, 2007, 08:06 AM
I like to see a 100 foot snake chasing the team. LOL.

Xicer
October 7th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Mother****ing snakes on the mother****ing ascended plane!

Aryk Celestis
October 7th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Mother****ing snakes on the mother****ing ascended plane!

You mean Anubis, right? ;)

Heaven
October 7th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I'd love to see Ronon go snake hunting at leisure hours :ronananime16:

Skydiver
October 7th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Do you think TPTB chose giant snakes because of the film Michael shanks was in involving a giant snake?
that's what i'm thinking. that it was a joke poking fun at MS and Megasnake

the chances of us seeing them is, imho, very slim. it'd cost too much and would, honestly, turn atlantis into a scifi saturday crappy movie

prion
October 7th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Um, the correct quote is

"Besides the large, particularly venomous snake-like creature that inhabits the mainland, it looks to be a welcoming environment."

So, not a huge snake but large snake-like, so it might have legs. Hmm....

kymeric
October 7th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Um, the correct quote is

"Besides the large, particularly venomous snake-like creature that inhabits the mainland, it looks to be a welcoming environment."

So, not a huge snake but large snake-like, so it might have legs. Hmm....

Then it would be lizard like :-p

SmallTimePerson
October 7th, 2007, 07:13 PM

Maybe they are legless lizards!

Ehecatl
October 7th, 2007, 09:36 PM
What will happen to the whales the next time the sun flares? Atlantis will not be there to shield them.

Agent_Dark
October 7th, 2007, 09:42 PM
What will happen to the whales the next time the sun flares? Atlantis will not be there to shield them.

dinner time :)

gange57
October 7th, 2007, 10:12 PM

I thought it was a reference to DH's "Boa vs. Python."

garhkal
October 8th, 2007, 03:38 AM

IIRC those flares happen every 15000 years... Perhaps by then we will have defeated all our foes in the Pegasus galaxy and have a stable platform near the sun to deflect the flare like they did in Echoes... one with 3 ZPMS to power the shields.

Skydiver
October 8th, 2007, 05:38 AM
umm, those flares were on the original atlantis planet, not this one.

this planet is totally new and unknown

MechaThor
October 8th, 2007, 05:59 AM
The chances of us seeing them is, imho, very slim. it'd cost too much and would, honestly, turn atlantis into a scifi saturday crappy movie

No it won't! Plus they don't have to wrry about making two shows!

If they can amke a DRAGON! aswell as the Doom monsters from "uninvited" and the whale from this very epsiode. I am sure they can make large sankeoids. I Weclome them!

prion
October 8th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Um, nope ;)

Could be like this one:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/03/000317051940.htm

or http://www.cryptozoology.com/gallery/display_picture.php?id=2192

Now it would be cool if they were like these snakes....

http://www.livescience.com/animals/050512_flying_snakes.html

The thing is that Rodney's calling it snake-like, so it's body may be snake-like, but it could have appendages, or wings, or who knows what else. ROdney's not a herpetologist so he'd no doubt boil it down to some generic term and ignore the rest ;)

jenks
October 8th, 2007, 10:42 AM
umm, those flares were on the original atlantis planet, not this one.

this planet is totally new and unknown

Exactly, so the whales (fish) are toast.

Heaven
October 8th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I can see it now..

:tealc: Tealc: "we must destroy this species. lest they evolve and become like the Goauld."

:tealcanime44::tealc39::tealcanime23::tealcanime51:

borgteddy
October 8th, 2007, 04:23 PM
The writers showed us the whales in 2 episodes last season, so i hope we get at least one snake episode.

Giant Snakes :)
*Has happy thoughts about Boa vs Python*

O'Neill is funny
October 8th, 2007, 08:07 PM

I guess they will start swimming in circles chasing their tails going "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG".

Seriously though, it's 15000 years untill it hits again, i'm sure they will have something there waiting for the sun with a super shield that will take 0.1% damage from the flare.

O'Neill is funny
October 8th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I'd love to see Ronon go snake hunting at leisure hours :ronananime16:

LOL i can just see that.

Would be cool if they were part wraith. This damn snake sucks the life outa me. It's impossible for that to happen unless the planet is full of people.

the fifth man
October 8th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I'm curious if these giant snakes will even be mentioned again.

alaskannut
October 8th, 2007, 08:16 PM
dinner time :)
mmmmmmmmmmm....muktuk....count me in!;)

Bakhesh
October 9th, 2007, 04:14 AM
I assume Rodney was getting the snake information out of the Ancient database (seeing as the humans can't possibly have surveyed all the planets out there, and catologued the flora and fauna of each one). Seeing as this database is thousands of years out of date, I'm hoping that this new planet will throw up some surprises.

By the way, did they take Teyla's people with them, or are they still stuck on the mainland of the old planet (without a stargate)? They don't seem to have been mentioned for a while.

Maya
October 9th, 2007, 10:54 AM
By the way, did they take Teyla's people with them, or are they still stuck on the mainland of the old planet (without a stargate)? They don't seem to have been mentioned for a while.

I think they are still on the planet the Ancients moved them to in The Return part 1

dana
October 9th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I assume Rodney was getting the snake information out of the Ancient database (seeing as the humans can't possibly have surveyed all the planets out there, and catologued the flora and fauna of each one). Seeing as this database is thousands of years out of date, I'm hoping that this new planet will throw up some surprises.

As far as I remember, they didn't return back to the mainland after the ep The Return I and II in which they had to leave. Correct me if I'm wrong.

jenks
October 9th, 2007, 11:27 AM
We should be finding out about their fate in an upcoming ep...

prion
October 9th, 2007, 01:49 PM
We should be finding out about their fate in an upcoming ep...

The whales or the snakes?

jenks
October 9th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Neither.

PG15
October 9th, 2007, 11:41 PM

Time to buy a boatload of chips...

SmallTimePerson
October 10th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Time to by a boatload of chips...

Thats really sensitive PG-15 :rolleyes:

jenks
October 10th, 2007, 12:54 AM
I don't get it.

SmallTimePerson
October 10th, 2007, 01:56 AM
I don't get it.

To eat with the dead whale-like creature.

Heaven
October 10th, 2007, 07:11 AM
fries in American