This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients returning to Atlantis

Has anyone ever thought about why the ascended ancients haven't gone back to atlantis?

Why would they? They have no need for a physical place to dwell anymore...
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Not to mention that it was a position abandoned after loosing a war...

Comment

You both have good points. I mean wouldn't you want to return to a city that you may have helped build or continued your research on a project that you were working on and had to leave it unfinished. or finally discovered a way to give the wraith a real good butt kicking.

Comment

Then again, giving the Wraith a butt-kicking would be against the ascended Ancients' self-imposed rules...
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I for one don't know all of their rules but I don't see how that would be against their self written rules for the reason they wouldn't be directly helping out any of the people that are currently on atlantis the ancients would most likely ignore them completely.

Comment

It's not a rule against helping the physical world. It's a rule against interfering with it at all.

Comment

I was wondering did they think of these rules before or after they ascended.
                I cant be arsed to type anything else.im tired

Comment

Assuming that the Ancients who Ascended ever had anything to do with Atlantis. If the Ancients who returned remained on Earth to spread tales of their lost city, it suggests that they stayed corporeal.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                    Assuming that the Ancients who Ascended ever had anything to do with Atlantis. If the Ancients who returned remained on Earth to spread tales of their lost city, it suggests that they stayed corporeal.
                    Really. They probably came to earth to find their people wiped out by the plague.

So, they stayed on Earth for a while, and mingled. Some stayed on Earth. However, when the others went out, They caught the plague, and ascended, since they knew how. And they all lived happily ever after. Unless they forgot how to ascend.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if I agree with the Ancient's decision to abandon 1,000 worlds to be continually culled by the Wraith.
                      "Look at me, I'm a floating ball of energy... You can all fend for yourselves and have the life sucked out of you and your childrens' children. We're too important now."

As for ascension... SPOILERS for Hide and Seek
                      Spoiler:
                      the Ancients were researching it at Atlantis. I believe it was a means of escaping the plague; aka the Wraith.

I think these definitions of "plague" fit the Wraith:
                      a) A widespread affliction or calamity, especially one seen as divine retribution.
                      b) A sudden destructive influx or injurious outbreak: a plague of locusts; a plague of accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                        Really. They probably came to earth to find their people wiped out by the plague.

So, they stayed on Earth for a while, and mingled. Some stayed on Earth. However, when the others went out, They caught the plague, and ascended, since they knew how. And they all lived happily ever after. Unless they forgot how to ascend.
                        But they'd have to know how to Ascend in the first place; either that or get help from someone who had already Ascended. Perhaps their Ancient buddies who never went to Pegasus would have shown them how, but...I get the feeling that the ones who stayed - at least the ones who didn't die of the plague - were the ones who learned how to Ascend; that the Atlantis expedition was the alternate option.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroe
                          I'm not sure if I agree with the Ancient's decision to abandon 1,000 worlds to be continually culled by the Wraith.
                          These are some of the many reasons I find the Ancients kind of slimmy and unpleasent. I don't think they are a 'good guy' race.

Comment

I agree they are racist against other races they think that they are to good to help them out.
                            How can they watch another race get destroyed and not interfere they are pretty harsh. They probably think that they are to good to return to atlantis.

Comment

I think it is too soon to form a opinion on what type of people the ancients really are. From the few episodes that have been shown we do know that Oma Desala is not a bad ancient at all so with knowing that they all can't be bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X