Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Atlantis fans want Carter to end up with McKay?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Atlantis fans want Carter to end up with McKay?

When I say Atlantis fans, I mean people who strongly favor Atlantis over SG-1. Personally I don't want Sam to wind up with anyone during the show's run, but have Atlantis bookend the SG-1/Atlantis story-arcs with Jack & Sam getting married in one of the final episodes.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

No!!!!

No More Carter Relationships And Shipping!!!!! None, Nein, Zip, Zilch........no!!!!!!!
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

No. Carter is spoken for. And, even if she wasn't, it's much more fun to see them bickering.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        No!!!!

No More Carter Relationships And Shipping!!!!! None, Nein, Zip, Zilch........no!!!!!!!
        i 2nd that
        sigpic
        banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

No!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            No!!!!

Yeah, uh....I wouldn't put it that strongly But absolutely not. For two reasons:

1) Their relationship is cuter (and IMO, better) when it's like sibling rivalry. I think they've got that I-Can-Barely-Tolerate-You-But-We're-Friends-Anyway vibe way stronger than anything that merits a romantic relationship.

2) Carter's been shipped with way too many people in the past ten years. For that reason, and for the same reason Weir (as the leader of Atlantis) did not become involved in a relationship in the expedition, she should stay single.

I don't really see a 'love interest' between the two to begin with. *shrugs*
            sigpic

The best crossover ever.

Comment

Hell no. It's bad enough they're restructuring the entire show and character dynamic. Should they start shipping Rodney with Sam (or even hint at it), I'll personally fly over to Bridge Studios and picket.

Comment

i will say that it might be funny if we saw mckay having a few dreams or fantasies about sam. then sam wakes him up and he's all embareesed about it. it would make for a cute scene.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I like Sam/Rodney in fanon, but never in canon. NEVER. EVER.

Comment

*sigh of relief*

I'm so glad to hear that, because I think it would seriously hurt the show.
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

I don't qualify as an SGA fan by your standard.... but still no.
                      They're fun when they're bickering. they won't be fun if they're a couple.
                      Sides, Sam has too much sesne
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

No! No! No! They're way more fun with a (platonic) love/mostly hate relationship! And I think that Sam does care about Rodney, but not in that way. She sees him as the annoying brother-type. And Rodney's interest in her is amusing but harmless, nothing serious about it.

This is one of the reasons I loved the idea of them so much in "The Road Not Taken"- they are so completley wrong for each other, that in the AU is was kinda right. (in the we-too-then-realised-it-was-wrong-so-we-divorced kinda way)

Sam does not need to end up with anyone on Atlantis, be in Rodney, Jack, or some unknown entity. Please. We've had more than enough very painful focus on Sam's love life on SG-1.

Their relationship is one of my favourites of the franchise, it doesn't need to be ruined by ship.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                          Hell no. It's bad enough they're restructuring the entire show and character dynamic. Should they start shipping Rodney with Sam (or even hint at it), I'll personally fly over to Bridge Studios and picket.
                          What FAIII said... And I'll join in the picket.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sam would chew rodney up and spit him out.

co-workers, sure. more than that? no.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              Sam would chew rodney up and spit him out.

co-workers, sure. more than that? no.
                              Amen to that....

And I made this for anyone that thinks so....

See while Daniel works for Luke, apparently soooo does McKay....
                              sigpic
                              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Working...
                              X