Heroes? Shall I watch it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heroes? Shall I watch it.

Hey, its the fall again. All my fav shows like Stargare Atlantis, Smallville, Prison Break are all starting up again. Q is? I have not seen ANY Heroes yet? Shall I start. No, I lie.. I did watch the Pilot but didnt think much too it, then I spoke to other ppl who said the same thing but said that it gets better, much better and you really have to give it a few episodes to get into it and for it to start. So, im on the fence really whether to watch it or not. I must admit, I heard there are some fab actors coming into it now.

Tell me that I'm wrong not to watch it and that I should !!

CJ

Rent the DVD of season 1 and start watching immediately! Haha. But seriously, it really is a great show. And after last nite's episode, it really kicked this season into gear in a BIG way.
    I did watch the Pilot but didnt think much too it, then I spoke to other ppl who said the same thing but said that it gets better, much better
    This is very true. It starts off a bit slow but after a few episodes, you'll be hooked like no other show...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cjp240573 View Post
      I did watch the Pilot but didnt think much too it, then I spoke to other ppl who said the same thing but said that it gets better, much better and you really have to give it a few episodes to get into it and for it to start.
      a truer thing has never been spoken (or typed for that matter) it really picks up around episode 6 and from there on in it's just awesome, the stars are great, fully fleshed out characters, and the story line is huge, engrossing and morish, it's very rare you'd watch an episode and think "i can wait till next week to see what happens" i pity the people that watched it on first airing in the US, because if had had done i would have found out where tim kring lived, drove there and held him at knife point to show me the next episode (joking) it is good though
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Hi
        Yes you should watch it! Not to butt in here or nothing but I saw every episode last year with the exception of the final one and they were excellent!
        I saw the first episode of the second season Monday nite and it looks very promising.

Comment

This show is definitely worth the effort of getting in to IMO. It really grabs a hold of you after a while. Do yourself a favor though, and start with Season 1 before watching this season.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I loved it from Day 1 so I would say watch it! But the thing is... (and it's what I say about B5 as well) it's a show that you need to persevere with to get the plot. Even when it's slow, it's still better than most things out there. Now that the DVDs are out, you can get a much more "wholistic" picture of where things are going much more quickly.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

And a bonus is that, like comics, it comes to a point at the end of the season. Yes, the storyline goes on, but if you decided to stop watching there, you wouldn't be left without some sense of completion.

The cast is huge and I love that. When the story of one person makes you want to strangle them, there is always someone else to love.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                And a bonus is that, like comics, it comes to a point at the end of the season. Yes, the storyline goes on, but if you decided to stop watching there, you wouldn't be left without some sense of completion.

The cast is huge and I love that. When the story of one person makes you want to strangle them,
                well, not quite since you'd have to turn off the last ep 5 minutes before the end in that case

and which episode/character was that??
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                  well, not quite since you'd have to turn off the last ep 5 minutes before the end in that case
                  Well its still a series so it must go on but compared to some things I've watched... I'm not left with no clue at the end of a season.

and which episode/character was that??
                  I've wanted to smack Matt a couple of times because he's just so....smackworthy! And this last episode made me want to smack Claire upside the head. But most of all..I've occasionally wanted to strangle Nathan....but one half of that is just because I'd get to touch him

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Well its still a series so it must go on but compared to some things I've watched... I'm not left with no clue at the end of a season.

I've wanted to smack Matt a couple of times because he's just so....smackworthy! And this last episode made me want to smack Claire upside the head. But most of all..I've occasionally wanted to strangle Nathan....but one half of that is just because I'd get to touch him
                    yeah i agree about the nathan thing, especially about how he treats peter a lot of the time, but by the end of the season i understood why. but i just felt sorry for matt and claire, they had tough times with their powers.
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    Quotes!
                    sigpic

Comment

Matt has had a difficult time buta portion of his problems are his own fault. It's like he has no faith in himself. He'll go out on a limb to protect someone else but he just can't seem to take the right steps to protect himself from others and his won poor decision-making.

Comment

Matt has had a difficult time buta portion of his problems are his own fault. It's like he has no faith in himself. He'll go out on a limb to protect someone else but he just can't seem to take the right steps to protect himself from others and his won poor decision-making.
                        (i feel this should be in spoilers considering the theme of the thread)
                        Spoiler:
                        yeah but would you have faith in yourself when you can hear everyone thinking that you are a loser etc. it's like when he stole the diamonds in "Run!" that other cop says something in his head that was pretty mean, stole the diamonds because he felt hurt, yeah it was a bad decision, but it made im feel better, same when he heard that guy saying he had slept with matts wife.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        Quotes!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X