This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asgard cloning(possible spoilers)

im just kinda confused about this....if the asgard have been cloning for thousands of years, then why do they look differently then the preserved body found in Loki's lab? and what made the DNA impossible to be duplicated through reproduction?

Originally posted by dd78matt
    im just kinda confused about this....if the asgard have been cloning for thousands of years, then why do they look differently then the preserved body found in Loki's lab? and what made the DNA impossible to be duplicated through reproduction?
    because making a copy of a copy of a copy destorts the original's outline in the new product.
    When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

Originally posted by RUhunter
      because making a copy of a copy of a copy destorts the original's outline in the new product.
      yes, but then they would have defects in the new bodies, not just get smaller

why havent the asgard stored their DNA imformation for the beggining anyways, and why dont they have a surcophagus-like technology?

Comment

yes, but then they would have defects in the new bodies, not just get smaller

why havent the asgard stored their DNA imformation for the beggining anyways, and why dont they have a surcophagus-like technology?
        A sarcophagus degenerates the user's mind with use. That is bad when you consider the fact that the Asgard have a countless number of Asgard minds in memory. The Asgard are brains, not brawn. So they can deal with a defective body, they cant use a defective brain.

As for the defects thing, I don't claim to be a genetic engineer while I'm sober, sooooo, sorry!
        When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

well, the tok'ra believe the could perfect the sarcophagus technology, and the Asgard being so much more advanced then teh tok'ra, dont u think maybe they could?

Comment

well, the tok'ra believe the could perfect the sarcophagus technology, and the Asgard being so much more advanced then teh tok'ra, dont u think maybe they could?
            The Tok'ra don't use the sarcophagus. This was stated very clearly in "Need".

Comment

Originally posted by RUhunter
              The Tok'ra don't use the sarcophagus. This was stated very clearly in "Need".

amm.. what about the fountain of youth, which they used to create the weapon to fight the supersoldiers.

They would still have it, and would be able to work out the pure method of healing unlike the one owith the sarcophacus. That was the whole reason they went looking for it.

Comment

No, the reason they went looking for it was that they needed it to find a way to make a weapon that could kill the Kull drones.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Loki had a asgaurd in the lab? Also, what did i say about your sig in your rep ugly pig?

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

well why didnt the SGC hand over teh fountain of youth to the asgard so they then can perfect it so it can be used much like a sarcophagus, but without the negative effects?

Comment

which episode is this?

Comment

No, the reason they went looking for it was that they needed it to find a way to make a weapon that could kill the Kull drones.
                        No thats why EARTH went looking for it. The Tok'ra were looking for it long before the Kull Warrior problem.
                        sigpic
                        I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
                        'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
                        'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMarioMan
                          No thats why EARTH went looking for it. The Tok'ra were looking for it long before the Kull Warrior problem.
                          Oh...

Right.
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

point is... dont they still have it?

Comment

Working...
                            X