This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBFTGOG, Politics, Within The Serpent's Grasp, and The Serpent's Lair

This is a really awesome and elaborate story arc. I've always been a fan pretty much since The Broca Devide, but this storyline pretty much convinced me that this show was the best show on TV. I haven't seen the end of Season Seven yet but it looks like we'll be getting another cool story arc with Inauguration, The Lost City (Part 1 and 2), and New Order (Part 1 and 2)

What do you think of this first/second season story arc?

Tremendous is the only word that comes to mind when thinking about them.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
      This is a really awesome and elaborate story arc.
      Yes I love elaborate story arcs I'd rather have a 3 part episode or a long story arc like TBFTGOG etc etc, then a bunch of one off episodes. It gives more time to develop the story and concept, plus I just love it when they deal things from previous episodes, it feels more "real" to me.

I haven't seen the end of Season Seven yet but it looks like we'll be getting another cool story arc with Inauguration, The Lost City (Part 1 and 2), and New Order (Part 1 and 2)
      I really enjoyed Inauguration, TLC and am very much looking forward to New Order it looks like it's going to be very big
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Yes it was a very exciting plot to deal with so early in Stargate's life especially the alternate reality concept. It was my favourite season 1 storyline for a while. When the box-set came out of course there was no concluding episode to this arc so I had to wait a couple of months for the conclusion, this drove me bonkers . But at least I could watch them over and over again after that

Comment

To me, this is where SG-1 really started to take off. At the same time, it felt like a great climax to everything that had happened up to that point... And yet, when the arch was over the series kept progressing naturally and kept getting better and better in my eyes.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I think that it's by far the most successful 3+ episode story arc Stargate has produced. I'm not a huge fan of episodes that can't stand alone as interesting stories outside the context of surrounding plotlines but TBFTGOG, Serpent's Grasp and Serpent's Lair do it just fine. Heck, even Politics is an engaging story.
            Last edited by Uncle Dick; 25 September 2004, 02:18 PM. Reason: can=can't
            END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
              I think that it's by far the most successful 3+ episode story arc Stargate has produced. I'm not a huge fan of episodes that can stand alone as interesting stories outside the context of surrounding plotlines but TBFTGOG, Serpent's Grasp and Serpent's Lair do it just fine. Heck, even Politics is an engaging story.
              I think that TBFTGOG, ect, ect, ect were the point in time when TPTB really came to understand the value of really epic story arcs, and the success of these episodes really made them go back and look at some of the stories in Season 1 to see if they could be revisited to from an arc, which made them better as they became important background material for other episodes.

Comment

For the record, this is really a four-parter (starting with "There but for the Grace of God"), but this is also my favorite story-arc of the first few seasons.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Working...
                X