PDA

View Full Version : 4x01 - "Adrift" - R.I.P. Miko Kusanagi?

FallenAngelII
October 1st, 2007, 09:14 AM
Although Miko Kusanagi only appeared in a few season one episodes, she's one of the most memorable characters of Stargate Atlantis. It's an established fact that she possesses the Ancient gene. How she possesses it is unclear, but she does indeed have it.

However, she's not among the 20 or so people present when John calls for all personnel with the Gene to be present. This probably means she died sometime between the time she was last seen and "Adrift" (maybe even in the mayhem of 3x20?)?

Here's to a great scientist whose time had not yet come.

ToasterOnFire
October 1st, 2007, 09:18 AM
Unless she evacuated to the Apollo during the events of First Strike?

stclare
October 1st, 2007, 09:18 AM
Although Miko Kusanagi only appeared in a few season one episodes, she's one of the most memorable characters of Stargate Atlantis. It's an established fact that she possesses the Ancient gene. How she possesses it is unclear, but she does indeed have it.

However, she's not among the 20 or so people present when John calls for all personnel with the Gene to be present. This probably means she died sometime between the time she was last seen and "Adrift" (maybe even in the mayhem of 3x20?)?

oh i liked Miko maybe she'll turn up again ;)

P-90_177
October 1st, 2007, 09:21 AM
could always mean she just returned to earth at some point. i don't even remeber her.

jenks
October 1st, 2007, 09:25 AM
Never heard of her.

Franklyn Blaze
October 1st, 2007, 09:32 AM
Anyone have a picture?

ToasterOnFire
October 1st, 2007, 09:37 AM
She was the scientist in "Letters From Pegasus" in s1. She sent the message about how wonderful it is to work for McKay, supplemented by flashbacks where Rodney is complaining about a sandwich, complaining about a Charlie horse, etc. etc. Quite funny. :D

P-90_177
October 1st, 2007, 09:42 AM
oh yeah...........i just found her annoying. if i was mckay i wouldn't take notice of her either.

Trek_Girl42
October 1st, 2007, 09:44 AM
She was the scientist in "Letters From Pegasus" in s1. She sent the message about how wonderful it is to work for McKay, supplemented by flashbacks where Rodney is complaining about a sandwich, complaining about a Charlie horse, etc. etc. Quite funny. :D
Oh, I liked her! Did she appear in any other episodes?

FallenAngelII
October 1st, 2007, 09:51 AM
Oh, I liked her! Did she appear in any other episodes?
Her only appearance was in "Letters..." but she was mentioned and reference to by name in "The Gift" and "The Siege (Part I)".

Alipeeps
October 1st, 2007, 09:54 AM
When was it established that she has the gene? I don't remember that off-hand... anyhow, I think it's equally likely that she was one of the folks evacuated to the Apollo than that she's suddenly died... they only had 20 people on the entire base with the gene in Adrift and given that the gene therapy is 47% effective, they should usually have a lot more than that!

ToasterOnFire
October 1st, 2007, 11:04 AM
It's an indirect reference from The Gift.

CONTROL CHAIR ROOM. Rodney, Carson and Zelenka are standing near the dais on which the chair stands. Carson is staring at the chair in dread.
BECKETT: Don’t you remember what happened last time I sat in one of those?
McKAY: There’s nowhere near enough power in the thing to do anything.
(Zelenka pushes Carson onto the dais.)
BECKETT: Then why bother? Gentlemen, it’s quite late.
ZELENKA: We are trying to determine exactly how much power is required to operate the systems that are controlled by the chair.
McKAY: And in order to do that, it needs to be on.
BECKETT: You have the gene now!
McKAY: Yeah, but I can’t be trying to analyse the feedback data while I’m concentrating on keeping the damn thing activated!

<snip>

BECKETT: Really? (He and Elizabeth leave the room.)
McKAY (irritated): Alright, we’ll try Doctor Kusanagi.
ZELENKA: Kusanagi.
McKAY: Now!
ZELENKA: OK.
McKAY: Thank you!

Era Yachi
October 1st, 2007, 12:53 PM
Eh...well, Kusanagi played a semi-important role in the recent SGA book "Entanglement". And that took place sometime in Season 3...so she was still alive then.

I don't think she has the gene. It wasn't mentioned in the book, and I don't remember her operating anything in the first season. It's very likely she was evacuated to the Apollo. Or she was transferred when we weren't looking.

She's not dead, though. They'd have mentioned it.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 1st, 2007, 12:59 PM
the book? How does that determine if she's dead or not?

Falcon Horus
October 1st, 2007, 04:24 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/FalconHorus/Screencaps/Stargate%20Atlantis/117%20-%20Letters%20From%20Pegasus/Miko.jpg

^^Dr. Miko Kusanagi for those who can't remember her.

And yes, she did have the ancient gene otherwise, as is stated in the convo from The Gift, they wouldn't have used her to power up the chair.

Personally, I don't think she's dead. She just fell off TPTB's radar. Lucky her!

mcbarr
October 1st, 2007, 05:11 PM
Maybe she returned to Earth with everyone else in The Return - Part 1 and never came back to Atlantis?

FH, hide that picture before it's too late! :D

ToasterOnFire
October 1st, 2007, 05:52 PM
Personally, I don't think she's dead. She just fell off TPTB's radar. Lucky her!
But she's a brunette! Run Miko, RUN!!! :eek:

FallenAngelII
October 2nd, 2007, 01:27 AM
Eh...well, Kusanagi played a semi-important role in the recent SGA book "Entanglement". And that took place sometime in Season 3...so she was still alive then.

I don't think she has the gene. It wasn't mentioned in the book, and I don't remember her operating anything in the first season. It's very likely she was evacuated to the Apollo. Or she was transferred when we weren't looking.

She's not dead, though. They'd have mentioned it.
Not all books based on TV shows are canon.

Falcon Horus
October 2nd, 2007, 04:22 AM
Maybe she returned to Earth with everyone else in The Return - Part 1 and never came back to Atlantis?

FH, hide that picture before it's too late! :D

If she really returned and didn't come back, then she's the lucky one. We haven't heard from her, or seen her in 3 seasons, which basically means they forgot about her entirely. Which is still better than being dead.

But she's a brunette! Run Miko, RUN!!! :eek:

LOL!!

Ruffles
October 2nd, 2007, 07:37 AM
Can I ask a really stupid question? In LFP, she is referred to as Miko. In The Gift, it's Dr. Kusanagi. Where are we told this is the same person? (told you it was a stupid question) :o

Falcon Horus
October 2nd, 2007, 07:44 AM
Can I ask a really stupid question? In LFP, she is referred to as Miko. In The Gift, it's Dr. Kusanagi. Where are we told this is the same person? (told you it was a stupid question) :o

Good point, never gave it much thought to be quite honest.

Mitchell82
October 2nd, 2007, 10:25 AM
oh yeah...........i just found her annoying. if i was mckay i wouldn't take notice of her either.

Agreed she was very annoying.

Niteshadow
October 31st, 2007, 11:56 AM

she could have left for re assignment back to earth. similar to what Kavanagh did in early season 2

garhkal
October 31st, 2007, 03:11 PM
Or she was one of those injured in one of the numerous battles they have had and shipped back to earth for recuperation..

FanGirl
October 28th, 2014, 08:57 PM

Or she could've been in the Infirmary and unable to respond.