PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis Damage OMG!

cjp240573
October 1st, 2007, 03:22 AM
In Adrift, the damage to Atlantis was to say the least very bad, especially that tower. I wonder if they are going to worry about it later on, or just leave it. When I say leave it, I mean we are not clever enough yet to do any kind of repair of that magnitude.

Thoughts?

CJ :cool:

sabretoothsheep
October 1st, 2007, 03:29 AM
In Adrift, the damage to Atlantis was to say the least very bad, especially that tower. I wonder if they are going to worry about it later on, or just leave it. When I say leave it, I mean we are not clever enough yet to do any kind of repair of that magnitude.

Thoughts?

Wier could use her nanites =OP

cjp240573
October 1st, 2007, 03:41 AM
True. Thats one theory if they could come out of her.

Mitchell82
October 2nd, 2007, 10:48 AM
True. Thats one theory if they could come out of her.
I'm putting this in spoilers just in case.
Well somehow it'll get repaired and Weir would only do that if they convince her to turn against the Asurans. Most likely either that will happen or we just repair it to the best of our ability. IMHO not getting it fully repaired will be a good thing since it'll show that we can't fix everything but Mckay and Carter will likely figure out a way.

shawnrasch
October 2nd, 2007, 11:41 AM
Well, we now have all of the knowledge of the Asgard, it will take some time to get through it though. The Database on Atlantis will have a lot of useful into on how to build and repair the damage. I think the issues will be power and material to make the repairs.

AutumnDream
October 2nd, 2007, 09:39 PM
I'm hoping the writers have the guts to leave it that way.

Mitchell82
October 3rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
I'm hoping the writers have the guts to leave it that way.

What damaged? It could be interesting to do that, or have us attempt to repair it an screw up.

rarocks24
October 3rd, 2007, 02:02 PM
No vital systems were destroyed, though one was damaged. We'll probably just repair it to the best of our ability with cranes and stuff. Repair floors and walls.

It may look a little like the Daedalus...

technoextreme
October 3rd, 2007, 04:39 PM
What damaged? It could be interesting to do that, or have us attempt to repair it an screw up.
What damage? Ooo you know. The part of the tower blown out. The building that has a giant hole in it. Mircoasteroid holes.

Mitchell82
October 5th, 2007, 09:48 AM
What damage? Ooo you know. The part of the tower blown out. The building that has a giant hole in it. Mircoasteroid holes.

Oh I know that. What I meant was did the OP I quoted mean he wanted them to leave the city damaged.

Ed
October 5th, 2007, 11:11 AM
yup i think they shoul patch the micro astriod holes though maybe repair some bits near the middle in a human aichient asgaurd hybrid way

Ripple in Space
October 5th, 2007, 11:39 AM

Thoughts?

They'll just cover it in blue tarps framed with PVC pipe. :P

kirmit
October 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM
If Atlantis was a sentient being I bet it wishes the Tauri never found it. We've had more damage done to it in 3 years than it did in the millions of years in ancient control :P.

Lord batchi ball
October 5th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I have been wondering, if the Asteroid went through the tower, all the way through the tower, Where did it go?

it could'nt just dissapear and it went through so it didn't explode on impact.

Where in the world(or atlantis) is the Asteroid

creed462
October 5th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Watch there be some type of repair system in alantis, and they have to turn it on

Jumper_One
October 6th, 2007, 11:47 AM
If Atlantis was a sentient being I bet it wishes the Tauri never found it. We've had more damage done to it in 3 years than it did in the millions of years in ancient control :P.

lol but you're right of course.

I agree with shawnrasch their problems will focus on power and the materials to repair the damage. the database should really help them on this one. and with Carter and McKay there what could go wrong? ;) well hopefully something does go wrong.

I have no idea why the asteroid didn't hit the tower but my guess would be that McKay was in close proximity to the asteroid so maybe when he fired every little part of it was forced into another direction. that's how nothing hit the tower. of course that's just a theory. even so at least a few micro-asteroids should have hit Atlantis in that spot. anyway it was a pretty cool scene and I had a lot of fun watching it!

wise one
October 9th, 2007, 11:27 AM
why couldnt the ancients make atlantis with the material from the stargate....or atleast padd it with it

Gravity
November 6th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I ended up reading the transcript, so I'm going to add a bit, that hints that ATLANTIS can repair secondary systems, but not primary... I am only going to include a small bit, but reading the “adrift” transcript is up to you… You also pick up hints in SGA S1 E1 and E2 “Rising”…

…but would repairing damage to such an extend constitute as primary or secondary?

SHEPPARD: So parts of the city don’t have power.

McKAY: No, no. no. The conduits weren’t severed -- they were damaged. Look, it’s complicated but imagine them as leaky pipes, OK?

SHEPPARD: OK.

McKAY: So you pump water through them, they leak, right?

SHEPPARD (tetchily): If you dumb this down any more, you’re gonna get hit.

McKAY: Sorry. Look, the city realises that, for whatever reason, power’s not making it to the outer piers, so instead of repairing the leaks, which it can’t do, it increases the ZedP.M.’s output so that even though the pipes are leaky and we lose power, enough energy makes it to the end of the line.

SHEPPARD: And that’s bad.

McKAY: No, that’s good.

(John sighs in irritation.)

MartianManhunter
November 8th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Watch there be some type of repair system in alantis, and they have to turn it on

Probably, I was thinking something along the lines of nanites (no where near as sophisticated as the Asurans of course) that go out and repair some of the damage.