Midway Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midway Station

So what did you all think about the way the station came out? I thought it looked fantastic. Almost like the ships they built but also a little different too. I can't wait to see more of it used
    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
    So what did you all think about the way the station came out? I thought it looked fantastic. Almost like the ships they built but also a little different too. I can't wait to see more of it used
    Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
      Love it. The entire look of it, everything. I really hope it sticks around awhile before inevitabley being blown up/taken over by the bad guys.

Comment

I loved it, the outer look very human, the inner look, like an upgraded SGC which is great. I will like to see the pegasus gate with the ramp going up into it, like the SGC gate and to see if both gates have Iris', rightfully they should.

Comment

I loved it! I was afraid that they'd just use a revised Earth ship set, but it was great. That main gateroom was fabulous (the little was saw of it!).

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Does anyone have any screencaps of it? The main gateroom, anyway?

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
              Does anyone have any screencaps of it? The main gateroom, anyway?
              There are some in another thread- might have been in the "Midway" pre air discussion thread? Can't remember for sure.

Comment

Overall, from what we saw of it, I was very impressed with the look of it. I definitely hope we see a lot more of it.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I really liked it, too. It has great story potential.
                  Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

I think it looks great!

Comment

the gateroom was too cgi for my liking, i was hoping for something a little more realistic. it just didnt look right to me, lots of wasted space for a space station too, there are just a few small rooms off the sides, the whole station is pretty much hollow.

dan

Comment

Well, technically it's just for traffic between the MW and Pegasus and not much else, right?

Comment

surely they would want it to be a bit more efficient, why do they need all that space for that. plus what happens in the event of an emergency, nothing between the too gates for security? no recreational facilities if travelers are made to stay for extended periods? whats the point of making a station that size, and just having a overly large concourse with small maintenance bays?

sorry, thats my thoughts

dan

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Evans View Post
                            surely they would want it to be a bit more efficient, why do they need all that space for that. plus what happens in the event of an emergency, nothing between the too gates for security? no recreational facilities if travelers are made to stay for extended periods? whats the point of making a station that size, and just having a overly large concourse with small maintenance bays?
                            Perhaps it was all the SGC/IOA could afford at the moment, perhaps they plan on adding on to it at a later date. I thought it looked awesome, though part of me was hoping that they would design it in such a way that they could cloak it, even if it was using a cloak like the one from an Al'kesh.
                            sigpic
                            If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                            I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Evans View Post

sorry, thats my thoughts

dan
                              Well, if I was flying a puddle jumper, I'd like a little extra room, just in case, plus, a gateroom that size has enough space for Puddle Jumper to land if they need to make a stop (or perhaps there's a bay off to the side? I didn't notice.)- or turn around if they need to go back, but chances of them actually having to stick around at the station are slim. In most cases you would just turn around and go back home if you can't proceed. If you have to stay on the station due to some emergency, recreational facilities probably won't be the first thing on your mind.

Edit: and don't apologize for your thoughts! you said nothing rude, so there's no reason to apologize!

Comment

Working...
                              X