This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian Viewers: Stargate Atlantis

When do you suppose Seven will decide to show Stargate Atlantis in Australia? Seven always show one half of a season then the first half of another and then puts it on a break for about a year or so. Hopefully they'll show Atlantis around the same time they get up to Season Eight.

Here's hoping. However, I rang Ch7 and spoke to programming and they told me that the continuation of the 2nd half of S7 won't air till near the end of the year, pretty much when rating season is over. So as for Atlantis....well....who knows....
    If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Comment

Probably not for years, knowing Channel 7, they're terrible with programming. I'll be obtaining my Atlantis goodness through other means

Comment

They might show it when Season Eight starts. Hopefully they'll put it on after SG-1, like the Sci-Fi channel is doing.

Comment

I gave up on channel 7 for stargate along time ago. Just like i gave up on channel 9 for star trek along time ago. At least 7 isn't as bad as 9 is, they didn't show DS9's season seven until last year, and enterprise 3rd (i think) season has not been on yet. What is it with free to air tv and Sci-fi?
          I wish foxtel or other Pay TV networks would get season 7 of stargate SG1 and show Atlantis, i know TV1 (fox) is showing the end of season 4 of SG1 right now, at least there reliable. Who knows, maybe they will surprise us and put them on a couple of weeks after the U.S (i can dream cant i?)

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT
            I gave up on channel 7 for stargate along time ago. Just like i gave up on channel 9 for star trek along time ago.
            Same here, I gave up on commercial television showing sci-fi years ago. God bless the men and women that invented Kazaa and Bit Torrent. If it wasn't for programs like those, I'd be about 2 years behind on all my sci-fi!

As for the second half of season 7 being shown in the later half of the year, why is that so? I remember SG1 used to annihilate Dawson's Creek in the ratings for a few years when they both were on Thursday nights. Channel 7 has to be mad not to put it on again soon. I was under the assumption that it was going to be screened towards the end of May.

And for Atlantis, I hope Channel 7 picks it up. It looks like a very promising series. Oh well, I can always download it and hook up the PC to the TV!
            "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

As far as I can tell from everything I have read so far, Atlantis is meant to be aired after the first few eps of S8 have aired, so if channel 7 were to start running Atlantis well into S8, there could be things said that we would not even know about yet, one of the SG1 members may say something about the Atlantis stuff happening and we would have no idea what they were talking about.

According to 7 the last time I called them they said here in SA the rest of S6, yes thats right, would be airing in the latter half of this year and one would hope that it would then continue onto S7 for a while, at least until the olympics start.
              "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
              http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

And to think, Channel 7 used to be so good with SG1. At least it gets better treatment than Enterprise on Channel 9!

Comment

Yeah I heard that Enperprise is quite shabbily treated by 9, in fact there are many shows that have been poorly shown on channel 9, one perfect example is the Sopranos, this show has been on for a while but then when season 4 ended (I think) they started re running the older seasons and labelling them as new when they were not.

Channel 9 is the worst of them all, they also have some of the most heavy censoring on movies such as Fight Club, ok I know this is a R18+ film, but just screen it later, i'm sure they could have dug up some worthless piece of rubbish to fill a 1 hour time slot.

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Comment

Space Race is one of the worst episodes of SG-1, and was the last one shown here. When Seven actually shows SG-1, they're okay. But that doesn't happen very often. Atleast they have Alias and 24. Why the hell would they push 24 to 10:30 pm because of that stupid Threat Matrix show. Wasn't that cancelled in the U.S.?

Comment

Yeah, Threat Matrix was cancelled in the US, but 24 sucks anyway. When Seven shows Stargate everything is fine except that if there is another event, no matter how insignificant, Stargate will be the first show pulled for a week or two, this really sh*ts me, and I call them as soon as there is no preview or the voice-over says it will be returning in a few weeks to hopefully get my point across to them that there is an interest in this show, but nothing ever seems to change except my phone bill.

Comment

Yeah, Seven usually puts on those awful "Celebrities Uncensored Part 59" on Thursday nights. As for Threat Matrix, it looks like crap! Is it just me or are all these new shows trying to out do each other in the "high stakes game of internation espionage."

I'm sick of it and to add insult to injury you see television shows like Stargate and the like, relegated to cable TV and not getting the audience or recognition it deserves.

Comment

Stargate usually restarts in August in Australia, right? Isn't that when the Athens Olympics will be on, and channel seven pre-empt there entire line-up.

Comment

Yeah it's about the time it normally starts, I just know they will have one night, possibly a double ep, and then for the next two weeks or whatever the olympics goes for they will take a break, and then I'm sure they will have managed to find something to bump it a little further back. aargh!

Comment

As far as I know, Channel 7 is going to be showing the Olympics pretty much 24/7 for the two weeks they are on... Congratulations to Channel 9 and 10 as they will be getting my viewership... As a wog, I will try and avoid the Greek train wreck known as the Athens 2004 Olympics.

The shame, the shame of it all!

Comment

Working...
                              X