PDA

View Full Version : Australian Viewers: Stargate Atlantis

D.C.
May 5th, 2004, 05:08 AM
When do you suppose Seven will decide to show Stargate Atlantis in Australia? Seven always show one half of a season then the first half of another and then puts it on a break for about a year or so. Hopefully they'll show Atlantis around the same time they get up to Season Eight.

Aphrodite
May 6th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Here's hoping. However, I rang Ch7 and spoke to programming and they told me that the continuation of the 2nd half of S7 won't air till near the end of the year, pretty much when rating season is over. So as for Atlantis....well....who knows....

ReplicatorX
May 7th, 2004, 05:09 AM
Probably not for years, knowing Channel 7, they're terrible with programming. I'll be obtaining my Atlantis goodness through other means :)

D.C.
May 8th, 2004, 03:44 PM
They might show it when Season Eight starts. Hopefully they'll put it on after SG-1, like the Sci-Fi channel is doing. :)

THE BIG UNIT
May 10th, 2004, 04:01 AM
I gave up on channel 7 for stargate along time ago. Just like i gave up on channel 9 for star trek along time ago. At least 7 isn't as bad as 9 is, they didn't show DS9's season seven until last year, and enterprise 3rd (i think) season has not been on yet. What is it with free to air tv and Sci-fi?
I wish foxtel or other Pay TV networks would get season 7 of stargate SG1 and show Atlantis, i know TV1 (fox) is showing the end of season 4 of SG1 right now, at least there reliable. Who knows, maybe they will surprise us and put them on a couple of weeks after the U.S (i can dream cant i?)

Positively Kanyon
May 11th, 2004, 01:12 AM
I gave up on channel 7 for stargate along time ago. Just like i gave up on channel 9 for star trek along time ago.

Same here, I gave up on commercial television showing sci-fi years ago. God bless the men and women that invented Kazaa and Bit Torrent. If it wasn't for programs like those, I'd be about 2 years behind on all my sci-fi!

As for the second half of season 7 being shown in the later half of the year, why is that so? I remember SG1 used to annihilate Dawson's Creek in the ratings for a few years when they both were on Thursday nights. Channel 7 has to be mad not to put it on again soon. I was under the assumption that it was going to be screened towards the end of May.

And for Atlantis, I hope Channel 7 picks it up. It looks like a very promising series. Oh well, I can always download it and hook up the PC to the TV!

darkwarden
May 31st, 2004, 05:11 PM
As far as I can tell from everything I have read so far, Atlantis is meant to be aired after the first few eps of S8 have aired, so if channel 7 were to start running Atlantis well into S8, there could be things said that we would not even know about yet, one of the SG1 members may say something about the Atlantis stuff happening and we would have no idea what they were talking about.

According to 7 the last time I called them they said here in SA the rest of S6, yes thats right, would be airing in the latter half of this year and one would hope that it would then continue onto S7 for a while, at least until the olympics start.

Positively Kanyon
May 31st, 2004, 08:52 PM
And to think, Channel 7 used to be so good with SG1. At least it gets better treatment than Enterprise on Channel 9!

darkwarden
May 31st, 2004, 09:13 PM
Yeah I heard that Enperprise is quite shabbily treated by 9, in fact there are many shows that have been poorly shown on channel 9, one perfect example is the Sopranos, this show has been on for a while but then when season 4 ended (I think) they started re running the older seasons and labelling them as new when they were not.

Channel 9 is the worst of them all, they also have some of the most heavy censoring on movies such as Fight Club, ok I know this is a R18+ film, but just screen it later, i'm sure they could have dug up some worthless piece of rubbish to fill a 1 hour time slot.

D.C.
June 2nd, 2004, 01:40 PM
Space Race is one of the worst episodes of SG-1, and was the last one shown here. When Seven actually shows SG-1, they're okay. But that doesn't happen very often. :) Atleast they have Alias and 24. Why the hell would they push 24 to 10:30 pm because of that stupid Threat Matrix show. Wasn't that cancelled in the U.S.?

darkwarden
June 2nd, 2004, 05:29 PM
Yeah, Threat Matrix was cancelled in the US, but 24 sucks anyway. When Seven shows Stargate everything is fine except that if there is another event, no matter how insignificant, Stargate will be the first show pulled for a week or two, this really sh*ts me, and I call them as soon as there is no preview or the voice-over says it will be returning in a few weeks to hopefully get my point across to them that there is an interest in this show, but nothing ever seems to change except my phone bill.

Positively Kanyon
June 2nd, 2004, 08:58 PM
Yeah, Seven usually puts on those awful "Celebrities Uncensored Part 59" on Thursday nights. As for Threat Matrix, it looks like crap! Is it just me or are all these new shows trying to out do each other in the "high stakes game of internation espionage."

I'm sick of it and to add insult to injury you see television shows like Stargate and the like, relegated to cable TV and not getting the audience or recognition it deserves.

D.C.
June 2nd, 2004, 10:32 PM
Stargate usually restarts in August in Australia, right? Isn't that when the Athens Olympics will be on, and channel seven pre-empt there entire line-up.

darkwarden
June 2nd, 2004, 11:26 PM
Yeah it's about the time it normally starts, I just know they will have one night, possibly a double ep, and then for the next two weeks or whatever the olympics goes for they will take a break, and then I'm sure they will have managed to find something to bump it a little further back. aargh!

Positively Kanyon
June 3rd, 2004, 01:13 AM
As far as I know, Channel 7 is going to be showing the Olympics pretty much 24/7 for the two weeks they are on... Congratulations to Channel 9 and 10 as they will be getting my viewership... As a wog, I will try and avoid the Greek train wreck known as the Athens 2004 Olympics.

The shame, the shame of it all!

darkwarden
June 3rd, 2004, 01:18 AM
As far as I know, Channel 7 is going to be showing the Olympics pretty much 24/7 for the two weeks they are on... Congratulations to Channel 9 and 10 as they will be getting my viewership... As a wog, I will try and avoid the Greek train wreck known as the Athens 2004 Olympics.

The shame, the shame of it all!

I know I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it. Hahahahahaha.

With all the discussion about the Olympic schedule and all, I might give channel 7 a call tomorrow and see it I can find out how long and how much they will be showing, they normally say they only plan two weeks in advance *couch* even if this is true they would be planning more than two weeks in advance for an event as large as the Olympics, one would hope.......

D.C.
June 3rd, 2004, 01:35 AM
The only thing of Sydney's olympics I watched was the opening and closing ceremony so I doubt I'll watch anything of the Athens one, I never watch nine, so I guess ten will be getting my viewership. It's sort of screwed up that Seven across Australia are up to different episodes in different states.

darkwarden
June 3rd, 2004, 01:38 AM
Yeah I hate how it is all chopped up in the different states, they should at least start it earlier in all the states who are behind the current forerunner so that we are all in line again. It appears that logical ideas do not occurr to TV networks.

D.C.
June 3rd, 2004, 01:42 AM
TV1 is slowly catching up though, I doubt they'll be able to catch up to the extent of showing first run episodes.

D.C.
June 17th, 2004, 06:21 PM
darkwarden: Did you end up phoning seven?

darkwarden
June 17th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Yeah I phoned them but they said that they weren't sure what was happening, also there has been nothing relating to Stargate recently, so I'm not sure what is going to happen.

D.C.
June 17th, 2004, 09:32 PM
****ing stupid Seven. I hear there prime time line-up isn't rating very well, maybe they should try putting some decent shows back on like Stargate and move there already decent shows to a better timeslot. (Alias and 24)

darkwarden
June 17th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Yeah, actually a little while ago seven replaced all their programming staff with women, I think this is why we have this girl power friday thing and also that GirlTV show in the afternoons, I watched it yesterday to find out what it is meant to be about (I had a vague idea) but they had a segment that was about 'finding the right bra for you' all me need now is 'how to pick up guys in a bar' or 'how to tell if a man is gay'.

We need some concerned parent to ring up and say that his son now wants to get a bra or something, we need someone to make a complaint and then they might realise that society is not completely run by women for women.

Jafana
June 18th, 2004, 12:36 AM
I dont know. the last time I looked, the poll of who watches stargate the 30 - 39 year old women were coming out on top.

i dont happen to be in that age bracket, but im definately female.

perhaps you guys have to realise you're a little outnumbered?? :p

darkwarden
June 18th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Outnumbered? I think not.

All you women just watch it for RDA :D

The problem is that the programming staff at Seven are appealling to the 14 - 25 year old females, you know, the ones still interested in reality TV.

D.C.
June 18th, 2004, 01:36 AM
A Channel Seven programmer who was fired came to my tutorial earlier this year, and it was pretty funny.

Jafana
June 18th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Outnumbered? I think not.

All you women just watch it for RDA :D

The problem is that the programming staff at Seven are appealling to the 14 - 25 year old females, you know, the ones still interested in reality TV.

oh dear, you've discovered my deep dark secret??!!! :p

or at least one of the reasons i first started watching....

but now, i stay for the science! :p

darkwarden
June 18th, 2004, 06:27 AM
A Channel Seven programmer who was fired came to my tutorial earlier this year, and it was pretty funny.

What was funny about it?

or at least one of the reasons i first started watching....

but now, i stay for the science!

Yeah, what science would that be? Whats the ratio of Jacks mysterious side compared to his overall attractiveness? :D

I knew your secret from the beginning, it was the same as my mums. :P

D.C.
June 18th, 2004, 01:53 PM
The programmer was bitter about being fired, and he told lots of funny stories about the networks and the people who run the networks. :)

darkwarden
June 18th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Sounds great D.C. I wish I could have been there, I would have asked him all sorts of things, I don't suppose he told you why he was fired? I'm interested now as to why they would fire someone.

D.C.
June 18th, 2004, 05:00 PM
He was in the industry for a lot of years, and he says he saw it coming. He indicated that it was just a matter of time. He didn't really elaborate on it though. :)

darkwarden
June 18th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Yeah, thought as much, obviously he saw that the women were going to be taking over and he knew the network would go to hell.

D.C.
June 18th, 2004, 05:03 PM
He indicated that he knew the network was going to hell long before that. :) He apparently made the suggestion for Seven to pick up three little shows, that they decided to reject. Those shows were The X-Files, NYPD Blue, and The Simpsons. :)

darkwarden
June 18th, 2004, 05:07 PM
He's a bloody genius!!!! Pity the executives at channel seven aren't.

If they had gotten those shows then they would be so much better, ok the X-Files wasn't that good towards the end of the series but the other two are pretty good.

This has now renewed my hate for channel seven.

D.C.
June 18th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Sevens still got Alias and 24. (Stargate SG-1 as well, when it's on.) Those shows are pretty much the only shows that I watch on Seven. I watch Ten mostly, but there line-up has been pretty crappy lately. Law & Order is pretty damn awesome, though. :)

darkwarden
June 18th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Yeah, my viewing of seven has dropped off except for a few shows that are still good, but my viewing has mainly moved over to Ten or from time to time Nine.

D.C.
June 18th, 2004, 05:11 PM
I never watch Nine. :)

darkwarden
June 18th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I only watch it for CSI, not Miami tho, and Without A Trace, they are rally the only good shows.

Also what do you think of who wants to be a millionaire being bumped down to 5:30 or something rather than 8:30?

It seems Eddie can't pull the ratings anymore, also we are the only country not to have had a $1M winner yet.

D.C.
June 18th, 2004, 05:16 PM
I don't watch nine so I don't really give a damn about Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Apparently they put it at that timeslot to compete with Deal or No Deal. That's cause Deal or No Deal has been getting higher ratings and people probably stick around to watch the Seven 6pm News after that. Nine apparently wanted to ensure there news rated well.

Who gives a damn though. I watch Ten's First at Five news. :)

darkwarden
June 18th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Same.

D.C.
June 18th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Heh, who are the anchor people in Adelaide? Hopefully Seven will put on Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis soon. :)

darkwarden
June 18th, 2004, 05:21 PM
The anchor people for Ten news are George Donikian and Kelly Nestor sport is done by Mark Aiston and weather is Jane Reilly.

D.C.
June 18th, 2004, 06:25 PM
The lead anchors in Brisbane are: Bill McDonald and Marie-Louise Theile. Sports done by Brad McEwan and the weather is by Georgina Lewis. :)