Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not a let down, not one bit. This premiere was great from start to finish, with some really great computer graphics thrown in as well. I too can't wait to see what happens next week, along with more of Sam.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
      I don't think that would make much sense for a safety protocol. Contracting the shields and destroy the city? It was also shown in the first episode Atlantis as a whole was very robust to extreme conditions like the high pressures and conditions of the ocean.
      This was taken from season 1's "The Storm" according to Mckay...

McKAY: The people who built this city knew they had a forcefield capable of holding back anything Mother Nature or, for that matter, the Wraith could throw at them. Without that protection, Atlantis is remarkably fragile.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
        Definitely didn't live up to the hype they were promising. Predictable moves ... rehashed stories. No different outcome.

Hope Lifeline is better.
        How is that rehashed? There certainly was parts that I wasn't expecting like having parts of the city essentially gone.
        This was taken from season 1's "The Storm" according to Mckay...

McKAY: The people who built this city knew they had a forcefield capable of holding back anything Mother Nature or, for that matter, the Wraith could throw at them. Without that protection, Atlantis is remarkably fragile.
        The problem with that logic is that the city experience the most significant amount of forces in the first episode. Not only that but there are no forces to rip the city apart in space. Projectiles? Yes.

Comment

Great season opener! I've been telling all my sci-fi/geek friends that I have a feeling that season will be great and it definitely started out great.

Loved the Ronon/Weir "Thank you" scene. Very impressed with the CGI scene when Shep and Radek jumped the gap.

10/10!

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
            How is that rehashed? There certainly was parts that I wasn't expecting like having parts of the city essentially gone.
            Sorry should rephrase that -- taken from other shows. Yes they didn't have a city -- they had ships.

Anyway -- waiting for next one before I make up my mind. Dialogs seemed strained. John was too tanned ... and I am a HUGE JS fan. Very orangey.
            sig made by me

Comment

Hmmm, I hate to be the 'negative' person here, but did anyone else think the jeopardy was a little contrived? It was like they solved a problem, and then "DANGER DANGER" all over again a zillion and one times, to the point where it felt kinda forced. And all the scenes with Carter and Dr. Lee had a very inserted feel to them, they didn't seem flow with the rest of the episode and were pretty obvious introduction pieces for Carter.

Comment

I have to admit, I was very concerned about Zelenka when he got struck by that asteroid fragment. Very glad to see he ended up ok.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by BigPharaoh View Post
                  Hmmm, I hate to be the 'negative' person here, but did anyone else think the jeopardy was a little contrived? It was like they solved a problem, and then "DANGER DANGER" all over again a zillion and one times, to the point where it felt kinda forced. And all the scenes with Carter and Dr. Lee had a very inserted feel to them, they didn't seem flow with the rest of the episode and were pretty obvious introduction pieces for Carter.
                  No you're not the only one. There's me too. So out of place! Again, waiting for the next one to make a decision.
                  sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                    Definitely didn't live up to the hype they were promising. Predictable moves ... rehashed stories. No different outcome.

Hope Lifeline is better.
                    When was the last time a wave of puddle jumpers shot through an asteroid field to clear a path for Atlantis?

I'm glad I don't read spoilers or watch unfinished episodes.

It usually takes the predictability out of it.
                    I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by BigPharaoh View Post
                      Ehhh.. I don't think it was contrived just simply what happens when you face a major problem. A thousand other ones pop up to hamper your progress.

Comment

Well I suppose I have to agree a little bit that the Carter/Lee scenes seemed a bit out of place, but I still liked them. From what I've been hearing about Lifeline, it seems like Adrift and Lifeline are pretty much like a two-parter so it's very likely that the Carter/Lee scenes will play an important role in the next episode.
                        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67 View Post
                          When was the last time a wave of puddle jumpers shot through an asteroid field to clear a path for Atlantis?

I'm glad I don't read spoilers or watch unfinished episodes.

It usually takes the predictability out of it.
                          Maybe no puddle jumper, but I can probably think of 10 Startrek episodes shooting through an astoroid field. Was that part even necessary? Why not just go back to when they repli's were shooting and parts of city was destroyed then? It was stretched out almost. I did not watch the epi prior to tonight -- was waiting to see the big deal.
                          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                            -- "If you dumb this down any more I'm gonna hit you."
                            At least Sheppard warned him this time, instead of just giving him the head-smack.

Comment

I guess I didnt think it was that great. It was a good opener with a few cool parts but nothing that made me say "WOW, that's pretty sweet!!" 4-02 sounds like it will be a lot cooler and a lot more action packed.

So, is Carter's 'new ship' supposed to show up in 4-02?

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Yep, SGA has resurfaced with a fresh breath of air. Beginning to feel more like a classic Stargate ep. Looking forward to next weeks episode.

I will miss Dr. Weir but I am glad she is getting a really good send off. I was afraid it would be another "sunday" type ep.
                                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                                X