This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beowulf- the Movie

I jut saw a promo for this and I of course love the story, the way it is filmed reminds me of 300 which isnt bad either

I don't know about this, looks like it will be another soon to be forgotten poorly executed movie. There is a 2005 version called "Beowulf & Grendel" that was much more entertaining that the preview of this movie shows. I for one tend to take these previews with a grain of salt, as often the best and only good parts of the entire movie get condensed into the preview. So afterwards you leave the theater thinking how you could have just watched the preview and save yourself an hour and a half of your life you will never get back.

Comment

I can't wait for this movie! Adapted by Neil Gaiman, my favourite author, should be good!

Comment

But is the movie anything like the poem or is it just anther stupid movie, honest question.

Comment

Hasn't there already been a Beowulf movie? Starred Christopher Lambert didn't?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zatarc View Post
            Hasn't there already been a Beowulf movie? Starred Christopher Lambert didn't?
            yeah, but it wasn't al that true to the original story, it's more SF too in my opinion, but I still like it
            I've seen the Beowulf & Grendel movie too, that one was pretty good, I'm looking forward too this, but don't know what too expect, if all the animation really works, but I'll find out soon enough

Comment

Was kicking about on Neil's journal and picked this up.. thought it might be of interest

Hi Neil,

I'm the video guy at MSN UK and we've just been given the exclusive Beowulf trailer that was featured on Film 2007 last night.

If you think your readers would be interested in watching it, they should follow this link: http://video.uk.msn.com/v/en-gb/v.htm and click the massive Beowulf banner at the top of the page.

(I'm not so much acting as MSN corporate pimp here as much as I'm pimping that massive Beowulf banner. I'm also one of the photoshop guys here and I'm pretty pleased with that one.)

-Antony

Comment

I think the main thing about this movie is they should have gotten a more well known actor for Beowulf to play along side Angelina Jolie. It looks good but Beowulf should have been played by someone highly known for people to get interested in this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Nameless View Post
                  I think the main thing about this movie is they should have gotten a more well known actor for Beowulf to play along side Angelina Jolie. It looks good but Beowulf should have been played by someone highly known for people to get interested in this movie.
                  that's exactly what I don't want just like I did.t really wanted Angeline Jolie and such, in movies like this I want to see lesser known actors

Comment

Originally posted by AnUbIs2004 View Post
                    I don't know about this, looks like it will be another soon to be forgotten poorly executed movie. There is a 2005 version called "Beowulf & Grendel" that was much more entertaining that the preview of this movie shows. I for one tend to take these previews with a grain of salt, as often the best and only good parts of the entire movie get condensed into the preview. So afterwards you leave the theater thinking how you could have just watched the preview and save yourself an hour and a half of your life you will never get back.
                    I have a "Beowulf & Grendel" DVD starring Gerard Butler. If that movie is the one you are mentioning, I agree with your opinion. The preview of the new movie wasn't as good as watching Gerry's performance.

Comment

Wow, just saw another trailer for this, and the movie looks even worse. At the end they have this ridiculous "I am Beowulf!" that was just too much of a rip off from 300 "We are Sparta!". 300, a film I did not particularly care for too much in the first place. If this is just another 300 clone, then forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick-J View Post
                        that's exactly what I don't want just like I did.t really wanted Angeline Jolie and such, in movies like this I want to see lesser known actors
                        Why would you want lesser known actors?

And Angelina Jolie is an amazing actress, i think that she will perfect in the roll.

Comment

My problems with the movie, based off the trailer, is that it obviously doesn't follow the real story of Beowulf. If you aren't going to follow the story, then just change all of the names and present it as something new.

Secondly, the dialog sounds horrible... "IAMBEOWULF" I used no spaces on purpose.

Plus, though this goes along with them not following the story, how the hell can you imply that the dragon is Beowulf's fault? Beowulf's death at the hand of the dragon is what reveals his true compassion. He dies to save his people. This would have you believe he dies because of his own greed.

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                            Why would you want lesser known actors?

And Angelina Jolie is an amazing actress, i think that she will perfect in the roll.
                            partly because it's less believable, you're more thinking like ''that's Angelina Jolie'' instead of ''that Grendel's mother'', and same for Anthony Hopkins, you don't have that with actor's you don't know.
                            but that's what I think

Comment

TBH I was quite disappointed at this movie. The animation was wooden at times and the direction was shabby and the story unsatisfying. What they should've done was hire the folks at SQUARE (Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within) for the animation from the get go.

Now they've ruined what could've been a really visually stimulating epic piece and turned it into something reminded me of Spy Kids 3D. Really game over for Robert Zemeckis if you ask me (no pun intended).
                              "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X