PDA

View Full Version : Peter's status in Season 2

Archaeis
September 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Of course someone has to have amnesia. anyone else disappointed with this?

Indiana Jackson
September 24th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Of course someone has to have amnesia. anyone else disappointed with this?

Yes, I am dissapointed with that a long with Hiro's father's death and a random British guy being the samurai.

Buddhawasanancient
September 24th, 2007, 07:19 PM
The Haitian?

Major Tyler
September 24th, 2007, 07:40 PM
I'm disappointed with the MASSIVE spoilers in the thread title. :mad:

trombonist15
September 24th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Yeah, Hiro's father's death made me pretty angry.

IcyNeko
September 24th, 2007, 09:26 PM
The necklace is the Haitian's. He's involved in Peter's memory loss....

Here's what I think...
Nathan exchanged his powers for the full healing (he looked half burnt in the mirror.... possibly from Peter's emo Nuclear blast?) from the big bad guy. Hence why he's drunk. He's not special no mo.

The Haitian is in on it. he stripped Peter of his memories. "Went deep" as they used to say.

Major Tyler
September 25th, 2007, 03:30 AM
Nathan exchanged his powers for the full healing (he looked half burnt in the mirror.... possibly from Peter's emo Nuclear blast?) from the big bad guy. Hence why he's drunk. He's not special no mo.Nathan was seeing Peter's burnt reflection, not his own. He's a drunk because he thinks his brother is dead and his wife left him. He never wanted his power anyway, so why would he weep about it being gone?

Betelgeuze
September 25th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Maybe Peter's memory was removed so that he could no longer use Ted's power, since he calls upon on the powers he absorbed by remembering them.

So maybe if he can't remember a power he can't use it?

Archaeis
September 25th, 2007, 06:29 AM
I'm disappointed with the MASSIVE spoilers in the thread title. :mad:

I love the Gateworld forum, but this place is completely over the top with Spoiler tags. Yes, I admit, my title had a spoiler in it, but this forum has gotten to the point where you can't discuss one episode of anything, even in a past season, without a spoiler notice and hidden posts.

isabelqc
September 25th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Peter's status: Dissapointing? I don't think so. The memory loss? Slighty unexpected, but I can accept it, mostly because for this show memory loss is up to par. Mrs. Bennett had it, Cody had it, Matt had it, and they have a character that specifically has the power to cause it. I hadn't thought about the Hatian until I came here, but it makes sense that he caused it. One of the other nine - now eight - could have easily hired him to deal with Peter and the instabilty of his powers. Now I do believe that Peter will regain him memory back eventually, hopefully soon, after all one of his power is healing, and memory loss is cause by head truma and he did blow up. Then again if it is b/c of the Hatian then it might be a bit more complicated, but I'm sure there is someone with the ablility to help with memory loss.

And honestly part of me really didn't care that much on first viewing cuz I was too focused on the absolute drool worthiness of MV.

IcyNeko
September 25th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Nathan was seeing Peter's burnt reflection, not his own. He's a drunk because he thinks his brother is dead and his wife left him. He never wanted his power anyway, so why would he weep about it being gone?

Was it Peter? It kinda looked like himself. :|

Minus the scragly beard.

Major Tyler
September 25th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Maybe Peter's memory was removed so that he could no longer use Ted's power, since he calls upon on the powers he absorbed by remembering them. So maybe if he can't remember a power he can't use it?Well, he was still able to use expecto patronum on that Irish thug, so maybe he can still use them as a reflex. I imagine his healing ability is still around, too.

IcyNeko
September 25th, 2007, 10:45 AM
... Peter hangs out with Harry Potter in the last 4 months?

the fifth man
September 25th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Was it Peter? It kinda looked like himself. :|

Minus the scragly beard.

I thought it looked like a burned Nathan too.

isabelqc
September 26th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Ditto. I think it's Nathan projecting the injuries Peter had on himself, because he feels guilty or if you want my crazy thought: Something happened to Nathan up there with Peter and just maybe he can heal now too....

IcyNeko
September 26th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Hrm.. the nuke fused part of Peter to Nathan? So that Nathan had the ability to minorly glean powers from other heroes? That would also explain why Nathan is so emo... :x

XAVIER703
September 26th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Hiro's Father Dead? Maybe ... Maybe Not. Does he have Powers like Linderman? It's Possible because we have gottens hints that the original company founders all had Powers.

Peter has amnesia Hmm think about this .. Peter turns to the dark side before he regains his memory.

We Will See.

IcyNeko
September 26th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Or his ability is the ability to revive himself from any sort of death. :O Like a first generation of Claire's ability?

What if.... and this could be a serious twist... what if the long bearded warlord that Kensei has to fight... is Kaito himself? :O

Kaito could be the dragon, but..... what if he was the bad guy, and then afterwards converted to good? :D

Doze
September 26th, 2007, 07:43 AM
The necklace is the Haitian's. He's involved in Peter's memory loss....Ohh... Good eyes! Agreed.

Here's what I think...
Nathan exchanged his powers for the full healing (he looked half burnt in the mirror.... possibly from Peter's emo Nuclear blast?) from the big bad guy. Hence why he's drunk. He's not special no mo.Mmmmmm... Can't buy in to that but points for putting it out there.

The Haitian is in on it. he stripped Peter of his memories. "Went deep" as they used to say.Yes, then Peter would have the Haitian's power! :jack_new_anime05:

Hrm.. the nuke fused part of Peter to Nathan? So that Nathan had the ability to minorly glean powers from other heroes? That would also explain why Nathan is so emo... :xLike this one. Then that would set up a brother vs. brother one day. Hmmmm :cool:

IcyNeko
September 26th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Nathan was seeing Peter's burnt reflection, not his own. He's a drunk because he thinks his brother is dead and his wife left him. He never wanted his power anyway, so why would he weep about it being gone?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/IcyNeko/BurntNathan01.jpg
or
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/IcyNeko/BurntNathan02.jpg

I think it's more nathan than Peter. But it's pretty durn close. :(

alaskannut
September 26th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Crazy thought....what if Nathan was seeing his father in the mirror? Afterall, I don't think that we've ever seen what he looked like, and for all we know he was badly injured at some point. Also, after the showdown in the apartment, I would think that he would almost certainly be on Nathan's mind. There is of course the whole he worked for the man with healing hands thing and all, but hey, who knows?

scififreak23
September 27th, 2007, 09:35 AM
well my theory is that peter will fall in with the mafia and as seen in the promo..nikki is beating up and irish man so maybe she goes to ireland and she and peter want information from the mafia so they'll team up to get it.Assuming dl is dead, maybe they'll hook up like they did in five years gone.

LauraT
September 27th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I think Nathan was seeing what he thought Peter would look like if he saw him. I do have a question though, how the hell did Peter end up in a shipping crate thing in Ireland? Of all the places??? Ive got nothing against Ireland but he was last seen in New York being flown away by his brother. Its just odd.

IcyNeko
September 27th, 2007, 11:02 AM
That's why it's called 4 months after. :P It's mystery until they do an episode called "4 months before".

TheUnknown
September 29th, 2007, 07:43 PM
The burnt image is of Nathan. In one of the behind-the-scenes things, it talks about it being him.

the fifth man
September 29th, 2007, 07:56 PM
The burnt image is of Nathan. In one of the behind-the-scenes things, it talks about it being him.

What behind the scenes thing would that be?

the fifth man
September 29th, 2007, 07:57 PM
That's why it's called 4 months after. :P It's mystery until they do an episode called "4 months before".

Yep, and that is Episode 8, titled "Four Months Ago". That should definitely explain a few things about what exactly happened to Peter.

TheUnknown
September 29th, 2007, 08:27 PM
What behind the scenes thing would that be?

http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/2007/09/season-2-episode-2-four-months-ago.html