This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Atlantean Architecture

I am curious. Does anyone know what Atlantis' architecture is based off of? Like some Roman design or something? I was watching a rerun of Atlantis today and found in every scene where they showed the interior of Atlantis, I was fascinated by it. Heh, don't want to sound like a nut, but I was thinking about beautifying my house kind of like Atlantis. Maybe even put something like a statue with water spraying out of it or whatever on my front lawn to match my house interiors. Oh, if anyone has any links to some Atlantis interior pictures or images, I'd appreciate it.

Originally posted by Morpheus
    I am curious. Does anyone know what Atlantis' architecture is based off of? Like some Roman design or something? I was watching a rerun of Atlantis today and found in every scene where they showed the interior of Atlantis, I was fascinated by it. Heh, don't want to sound like a nut, but I was thinking about beautifying my house kind of like Atlantis. Maybe even put something like a statue with water spraying out of it or whatever on my front lawn to match my house interiors. Oh, if anyone has any links to some Atlantis interior pictures or images, I'd appreciate it.
    Yeah, i know what you mean, i want to do the inside of my apartment in much the same way.

Comment

With all its angles and sleek look it seemed kind of Art Deco-ish to me.

Comment

i have to agree. I love the arcitecture done with Atlantis. Especially the window behind the gate.....
        sigpic

Comment

Yea, the windows in Atlantis are awesome. The thing about Atlantis is that it doesn't look too futuristic--but at the same time is very fitting for the setting. I really love the lights in the walls too--I had thought about doing something like that a few years ago for our home theater room, but decided against it. I may look into again, and try to add a bit of Atlantis touch to it.
          Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

I believe they took many concepts from Frank Lloyd Wright...

Ace
            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I love the architecture in Atlantis. The buildings look a tad skinny, but that's just a minor complaint. It's kind of weird though that all the other Ancient structures we've seen have had stone pillars and were made of stone and bricks. I wonder why the Ancients didn't build the rest of their things with the same alloys as Atlantis.
              MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexx
                It's kind of weird though that all the other Ancient structures we've seen have had stone pillars and were made of stone and bricks. I wonder why the Ancients didn't build the rest of their things with the same alloys as Atlantis.
                I think they used stone because it was already there and availible, but Atlantis had to be able to travel in space.

Comment

Working...
                X