Best / Coolest Moments on Babylon 5 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best / Coolest Moments on Babylon 5 ?

My best/coolest moment on Babylon 5 is when Delenn brings 3 Minbari warcruisers against the 2 Earth Destroyers in "Severed Dreams"

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw ! Or be destroyed.
    EA Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not ? Only one human captain has survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives be somewhere else.

Also, one of the coolest moments is Susan's speech in the final battle with the Earth Alliance...Don't remember how it goes...anyone ?
    Beckett: How come I never make friends like that ?
    McKay: You need to get out more.
    Beckett: We're in another galaxy, how much out do you get ?
    - Atlantis: "The Rising"

Oh so many...but I'll go in order

The entire Battle of the Line
    Sinclair's interrogation by the Minbari
    "There is a hole in your mind..."
    The first time we see Babylon 4
    The first time we see the Shadows
    The Centauri attack on the Narn homeworld
    Nightwatch taking over the station
    "These orders have forced us to declare independence..."
    The Battle of Babylon 5
    First time we see the new uniforms
    When we find out what really happened to Babylon 4 and who Valen is
    Kosh's death
    First major battle with the Shadows
    When we found out what really happens to Anna and the Icarus
    Sheridan's "death"
    Kosh fighting Ul'Kesh
    End of the Shadow War
    Garibaldi resigning as Head of Security
    G'Kar losing his eye
    Garibaldi betraying Sheridan
    Sheridan's interrogation
    Final battle of the Earth Alliance Civil War
    "We are here to place President Clark under arrest..."
    Sheridan's inaguration
    Introduction to the Drakh
    Londo accused of being behind the attacks on Alliance shipping lines
    Everyone leaving the station
    The last episode

I know I missed a TON but these were off the top of my head.

Hell, the entire series is memorable!
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

MrBright's choice is one of my favorites too.
      Another is when we see Kosh outside his encounter suit for the first time.
      Revealing Valen's identity.
      G'Kar losing his eye.
      Z'ha'dum blow-up.
      Finding out what "the third age of mankind" really means.
      The Agamemnon ramming the Earth defense grid satellite before it could scorch Earth.
      Seeing the new hybrid Delenn for the first time

There are tons more, but these just off the top of my head.
      sigpic

Comment

G'kar and the Narns killing Lord Refa. Funny ... Yet, horribly disturbing.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Hehe I can't believe I forgot that one! One of my favorite scenes of the whole episode.
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

The big reveal in the "Fall of Night." After all the speculation and wondering from the past two seasons whether we'd ever actually see a... we were like, "Wow!" when we heard the wings unfurl and how the members of (almost) every species on B5 looked up and saw a familiar face. Poor old Londo. He looked up, bewildered.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

The Gathering - Londo's intro
              In the Beginning - Londo's speech about Human nobility ("The Humans made the Minbari fight for every inch of space"), the president announcing the construction of the Babylon Station
              "The Coming of Shadows" - Shadows striking the Narn colony
              "The Long, Twilight Struggle" - Narn/Shadow Battle & Centauri bombing Narn (the music there is some of the most heartrending ever heard on television)
              "Dust to Dust" - the conversation between G'Kar and Kosh/Narn
              "Point of No Return" - the riot
              "Severed Dreams" - Sheridan's announcement, the Battle, Delenn's arrival
              "War Without End" - the whole paradox thing
              "Z'Ha'Dum" - Sheridan on the balcony and Anna approaching with the Shadows behind her (that scene always sends a shiver down my back)
              "Into the Fire" - Mordan on his own, Sheridan telling the Vorlons and Shadows that they don't need them anymore
              "Endgame" - Sheridan's fleet rescuing Earth from the weapon platforms
              "Objects at Rest" - the camera zooming between the White Star's bridge and B5's CnC and B5's "next generation"
              "Sleeping in Light" - B5's end
              Last edited by McClance; 25 September 2007, 09:29 PM.
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

"Endgame" - Jane goes on the air for the first time in a year and a half.
                Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

i think any of g'kars speeches can be considered truly cool!
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBright View Post
                    My best/coolest moment on Babylon 5 is when Delenn brings 3 Minbari warcruisers against the 2 Earth Destroyers in "Severed Dreams"

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw ! Or be destroyed.
                    EA Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                    Delenn: Why not ? Only one human captain has survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives be somewhere else.
                    That's up there. I was almost crying when I watched that episode yesterday or the day before (my days are all mixed up right now). So amazing.
                    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                    http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Hello,I am stormy,and my coolest was in GROPOS when Doger stood up for Deleen and fought her fellow soldiers!!!,There are sooo many coolest moments in Babylon 5.
                      sigpic
                      SOONER OR LATER,EVERYONE COMES TO BABYLON 5

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                        G'kar and the Narns killing Lord Refa. Funny ... Yet, horribly disturbing.
                        No kidding. Especially to the gospel music.

I was both horrified and amused.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Ivanova: The Babylon Project was out last, best hope for peace. It failed.

I got shivers every time I heard it that season.

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

i also found the episode where B5 breaks away from Earth Alliance amazing.

Joe sure knows how to twist our emotions.

Also: Passing through Gasthemene. Wow.

Confessions and Lamentations. I'm sooo glad I didn't know the German name.
                            Spoiler:
                            The Death of the Markhab

Also the bit where Londo finds out that his love has been poisoned. And assumes the wrong person did it. And starts down his irreversible dark path. I cried for him.

Great. I hadn't remembered these moments. And I'm rewatching the series. Still in disc 2 of S1 though.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBright View Post

Also, one of the coolest moments is Susan's speech in the final battle with the Earth Alliance...Don't remember how it goes...anyone ?
                              One of the guys watching with me prostrated himself multiple times before her after that scene and said, "I'm not worthy!" Delenn was sooo cool in that scene!
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                              X