This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lady Macbeth

I was just wondering if I was the only one who noticed that Ellen Tigh seems to be the fleets answer to Lady Macbeth.

It's something I noticed while watching the early season 2 eps

Like LM, Ellen seeks power through her husband. In Macbeth, LM manipulates her husband in to murdering the King, so that Macbeth will become King and she, Queen. Obviously, Ellen isn't quite that treacherous, but when she realises that Adama may not even wake, up let along resume command she starts manipulating Saul. Stopping him from negotiating with Captains withing the fleet, she maneuvers him to become a stern leader whom nobody would dare question.

Why be wife of the ExO when you can be wife of the undisputed leader of the fleet?

(I think I have way too much time on my hands)
    The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Actaully, that's a really good insight. I always thought of her as such a b***h and a little manipulator, but the simialrities between herself and Lady MacBeth are marked.

Of course, later on watching S3 epidsodes, it does coem out that she actually does love Tigh.

Still, wasn't that sad
    Spoiler:
    when she died
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, that's a good comparison.

Macbeth and Tigh never want to be leader, until their wives pushed them into it
      sigpic

Comment

hmm yes a really good comparision but macbeth kills the king tigh hasn't done that but i'm just being picky

Comment

Originally posted by deathskull View Post
          hmm yes a really good comparision but macbeth kills the king tigh hasn't done that but i'm just being picky
          Well not yet anyway

The characters don't match perfectly, but I just thought that there are a few similarities.
          The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Originally posted by deathskull View Post

Well it is only an Allusion to MacBeth. In all likelihood it was done on purpose.

If you watch closely, a lot of movies/tv shows allude to 'classic' tales, especially shakespare and even Alice in WOnderland; very heavily in cases like the Matrix (thanks you 6th english )
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X