This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-Muppet

I think they should make a movie starring those Stargate puppets they used in episode 200. Nobody would actually go see a movie like that in the theater, but as long as they are sticking with direct to DVD, I think that most fans would buy it. Or, if they don't want to release a whole DVD with just puppets, then how about adding a different puppet episode as a special feature on every SG-DVD that they release, ( hopefully that will be a lot more than 2 or 3 DVDs !)

P.S. :
    I know that TPTB and the writers don't like using ideas posted by fans because of legal reasons, so I hereby officially relinquish any claim to this idea if they actually use it. If they do it, it's their idea not mine.
    Last edited by Liam Kincaid; 13 September 2007, 10:57 AM. Reason: corrections

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
    I think they should make a movie starring those Stargate puppets they used in episode 200. Nobody would actually go see a movie like that in the theater, but as long as they are sticking with direct to DVD, I think that most fans would buy it. Or, if they don't want to release a whole DVD with just puppets, then how about adding a different puppet episode as a special feature on every SG-DVD that they release, ( hopefully that will be a lot more than 2 or 3 DVDs !)

P.S. :
    I know that TPTB and the writers don't like using ideas posted by fans because of legal reasons, so I hereby officially relinquish any claim to this idea if they actually use it. If they do it, it's their idea not mine.
    its astupid idea but it it would be quite funny to watch having 2 puppets fight each other just swibblng about and the ships would be like on strings and the weapons be a firework on a directed string haha

overall NO!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
      its astupid idea but it it would be quite funny to watch having 2 puppets fight each other just swibblng about and the ships would be like on strings and the weapons be a firework on a directed string haha

overall NO!

Oh, come on, you know you'd watch it, admit it.

Comment

P.S. :
        I know that I would so totally watch it. It all came from this line... "Spinning is so much more cooler then not spinning." and the movements of Jack O'Neill!
        Stargate Pants Girl
        (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
        Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

I would watch it. The puppets scene was my favorite part of that episode.

Comment

Team America SG-1
            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I personally loved the muppets in 200.

And as for people not watching a movie or tv show comprised of puppets, do the names Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet & Team America ring any bells?

I would efinately watch - & buy - a movie like this; the muppets thing is one of my favourite scenes out of 200.

Comment

I loved that skit in "200", don't get me wrong. But an entire movie like that, I just don't know. I'd need a few drinks in me first.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I would so pay to watch this. For realz.

Comment

Being such a supporter of the show, I would buy it. But man, I would not enjoy it. I pretty much hated that part in 200. Cringed every few seconds. Just not my cup of tea. A full movie like that, I might have to commit suicide to end the pain.
                    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                    http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

I would NOT be interested in a movie like that...hell not even an episode.

It was funny as a skit, but nothing more.
                      Visit my Website

Comment

Yeah. Team America: World Police was funny and all, but I started to get tired of that movie about halfway through. I just dunno if even Stargate muppets could sustain that kind of humour for long.

Although I would love to see a *real* toilet bowl Ori ship .

Comment

Oh, come on, you know you'd watch it, admit it.
                          yh your rite! team america was okay and all well i liked the end scene lol
                          sigpic

Comment

they are not muppets, muppets are mop/puppets, those were super-marionettes (notice the strings and animatronic mouth). anyway i wouldn't mind seeing a 15 minute short as a special feature on the movies, i was watching the special features for ep 200 the other day and RDA said if he could he'd work with puppets all the time.
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                              anyway i wouldn't mind seeing a 15 minute short as a special feature on the movies, i was watching the special features for ep 200 the other day and RDA said if he could he'd work with puppets all the time.
                              That I could get behind. A 15 minute puppet featurette special feature about Stargate on each movie DVD would be hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                              X