This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDA doesn't appear in S4?

Jack doesn't show up at all in S4? You'd think that Atlantis' overseer and its leader's boss(direct superior) would at least show his face a couple of times....
    Last edited by Ripple in Space; 12 September 2007, 10:39 PM.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

the seaosn's probably too busy.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Probably since the semi-retired RDA is in Continuum, he's met his SG/acting quota for the year. Maybe Season 5 he'll show up, but if its a choice between a couple of SGA appearences or a role in an upcoming film, I'd take the film any time.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        Jack doesn't show up at all in S4? You'd think that Atlantis' overseer and its leader's boss(direct superior)/ would at least show his face a couple of times....
        I personally don't think we'll be seeing O'Neill again... at least in Atlantis

Ace
        Last edited by kiwigater; 12 September 2007, 03:07 PM.
        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

He'll be in Season 5!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            He'll be in Season 5!
            Yeah I am hoping for that - even if briefly.... if we get it that is.
            sig made by me

Comment

He'll be in Season 5!
              I agree, I think he'll definitely be making a few appearances in season 5. Surprisingly JM's been pretty specific when answering this question, his usual response would be 'No plans of having RDA/Jack on Atlantis' but his replies have generally been 'No plans of having RDA/Jack in season 4' leading me to believe that their trying to work something out for the fifth season.

As we know RDA's done at least some filming for Stargate every year since the start: Regular for 8 years on SG1, appearances for two years on SG1 and SGA, a movie this year. So logically he'd be happy to do a couple more appearances for next year, as he's always been very invested in anything and everything Stargate.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                Yeah I am hoping for that - even if briefly.... if we get it that is.
                Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                I agree, I think he'll definitely be making a few appearances in season 5. Surprisingly JM's been pretty specific when answering this question, his usual response would be 'No plans of having RDA/Jack on Atlantis' but his replies have generally been 'No plans of having RDA/Jack in season 4' leading me to believe that their trying to work something out for the fifth season.

As we know RDA's done at least some filming for Stargate every year since the start: Regular for 8 years on SG1, appearances for two years on SG1 and SGA, a movie this year. So logically he'd be happy to do a couple more appearances for next year, as he's always been very invested in anything and everything Stargate.

Well RDA has good ties with Cooper and Wright. They are not as involved with SGA this season, so it's hard to say. I am sure Joe M if he had the opportunity would approach him. I know he did approach Michael Shanks, and Shanks was up for it. Key is, we need to get another season. Which I think should happen.

RDA loves working with the SG cast, so it is very possible.
                sigpic

Comment

Well RDA has good ties with Cooper and Wright. They are not as involved with SGA this season, so it's hard to say. I am sure Joe M if he had the opportunity would approach him. I know he did approach Michael Shanks, and Shanks was up for it. Key is, we need to get another season. Which I think should happen.

Oh, I'm pretty confident that we'll get a fifth season because honestly season 3 was absolutely fantastic; the best season by far....and season 4 looks like its gonna be great.

And even if by some twist of fate season 4 happens to be less than brilliant I'm confident we'll still get a fifth, as after season 9 of SG1 aired the ratings were at an all time low but they got renewed for another season to make up for it as they had a great track record. The ratings barely improved and after two poor seasons the show was cancelled so I'm sure SGA will get the same consideration. Season 3 was amazing and so I'm pretty sure SGA will have at least five seasons.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I love Jack I really do but I don't think it would be a good idea for him to come to Atlantis again. I loved him in the Return but having him come over for a few eps as well as Daniel will cause a huge uproar here.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      I love Jack I really do but I don't think it would be a good idea for him to come to Atlantis again. I loved him in the Return but having him come over for a few eps as well as Daniel will cause a huge uproar here.
                      Yes I see what you mean, but honestly I'd love to see him in SGA... he brings such fun to any scene that he does. Even the non-watchable episodes are watchable because of him. I am a little biased when it comes to RDA
                      sig made by me

Comment

I used to love Jack - I really really did. He was so awesome and funny. But the last couple of seasons he was on the show I kind of lost the joy there. And I haven't been overly impressed by any of his guest appearances since then, on either show. Return 2 was probably the best, but even that irritated me because he was so condescending to the people that were trying to save him. It's not like some of SG-1's early exploits weren't just as crazy.

So....it would really depend on how it was done. Return 2 let the parts with him and Woolsey take over the episode a little too much, even though they were mostly good scenes. And he would have to lose the attitude about the Atlantians, 'cause that really really irritated me.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          I used to love Jack - I really really did. He was so awesome and funny. But the last couple of seasons he was on the show I kind of lost the joy there. And I haven't been overly impressed by any of his guest appearances since then, on either show. Return 2 was probably the best, but even that irritated me because he was so condescending to the people that were trying to save him. It's not like some of SG-1's early exploits weren't just as crazy.

So....it would really depend on how it was done. Return 2 let the parts with him and Woolsey take over the episode a little too much, even though they were mostly good scenes. And he would have to lose the attitude about the Atlantians, 'cause that really really irritated me.
                          Return 1 and 2, especially 2 were great because he was being his old O'neill self. That is why it was a great guest spot. O'neill always gets like that when people are saving him, but he does appreciate it, and will make little comments to show that.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd liked Jack before he became what I term "pod Jack." It was like, who kidnapped him and left this clone who just cracks bad lame jokes? I don't see any need for RDA to show up in SGA, especially since Carter is there. Let's not overload and sink the city with SG1 people

Comment

Probably since the semi-retired RDA is in Continuum, he's met his SG/acting quota for the year. Maybe Season 5 he'll show up, but if its a choice between a couple of SGA appearences or a role in an upcoming film, I'd take the film any time
                              There's a video clip on the MGM website and in it one of the producers is talking about how bad RDA's back was during filming. I really don't think he's up to doing any episodes of Atlantis right now. His back and knees were a big part of why he left SG-1. I would love to see a couple of apperances in season 5 of Atlantis, but I agree...I would rather see him in another SG-1 movie

Comment

Working...
                              X