This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best chemistry

what do you think the best 'chemistry' on Atlantis is?

My personal favourite is McKay and Zelenka they're so funny together.
    "It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it," said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse."

I rather like Weir and Sheppard's chemistry, there is a nice friendship (not relationship for now) there.

Comment

Mckay and Zelenka + Chmistry???

Doesnt make sense to me....
      "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
        Mckay and Zelenka + Chmistry???

Doesnt make sense to me....
        I believe he means "who plays well off each other best". Doesn't have to be a romantic thing to have good chemistry.

Comment

Isnt chemistry more like a science subject???

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Isnt chemistry more like a science subject???
            Ah, linguistic problem here. It's usage in the context of human beings (and in this case especially actors) talks about how well they relate to each other. When two characters 'don't have chemistry' it means that their interactions seem not quite right, stilted or stiff.

Comment

Thank very much you. Now i'll know.

btw
              Was that your 1000 post??

Comment

Sheppard and Steve. .

Seriously. . I also like McKay/Zelenka. Characters work well together and bring humor as well.

McKay, Beckett and Sheppard feel more as a team as well. I think Weir will factor in as time goes by.

Teyla. . nope, don't see anything there. TPTB should bring in Lt. Hailey to team up with Ford.

Overall, the series is really too new to actually have true chemistry between characters. We just don't know enough about these characters yet.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

btw
                  Was that your 1000 post??
                  Looks up, ohh, yes. *does a little Royal Guard dance* Incidently not unlike a snoopy dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                    Looks up, ohh, yes. *does a little Royal Guard dance* Incidently not unlike a snoopy dance.
                    Oh, the snoopy dance! I picture the way Xander danced in The Replacement and now I can't get it out of my head.

On topic, best chemistry... Hmmm, let's see now...

I'd say McKay and Sheppard, they've got that banter thing going already. Hilarious.

McKay and Weir - I really like their scenes, they have a natural, comfortable relationship together.

McKay and Zelenka are a hoot. And so was McKay and Beckett in Rising.

Honestly, McKay just seems to have great chemistry with everyone.

The team factor have yet to kick into full gear, like on SG1, but as FoolishPleasure said, it's still early in the season so I'm confident that it will develop nicely along the way.
                    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      Teyla. . nope, don't see anything there.
                      I'm still not feeling for the character, and i"m trying to decide if it's the an effort to make her seem alien, or just that her actions don't seem right to me. I'm not sure if it's the writing or the delivery.

And I"m also not sure how they can fix it.

Comment

I think there's a nice chemistry between Sheppard and Weir, she and McKay really hit it off too. It's the kind of chemistry that shows a strong bond between the characters without having to be a romantic one... Love that. (ok, I'm an eternal shipper so I'll eventually start seeing more to one of these bonds even if there's nothing there -- don't start throwing stones at me yet ) But for now, I think the actors are doing very well on bringing chemistry to their characters

Spoiler:
                        [Weir] I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony
                        [McKay] Oh believe me. That's not the first thing we tried
                        [Sheppard, smiling] I shot him!

LyneSparrow
                        ** I do Believe in Furlings, I do, I do!**

Comment

Originally posted by lyne_sparrow
                          (ok, I'm an eternal shipper so I'll eventually start seeing more to one of these bonds even if there's nothing there -- don't start throwing stones at me yet )
                          Where did I put that stone... oh, was that outloud

Seriously, nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed looking for Sam/Janet moments even though I knew very well that there was nothing 'officially' there. Being able to see things and interpret things the way the fans like while not requiring other fans that don't like it to deal with is the best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                            Where did I put that stone... oh, was that outloud

Seriously, nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed looking for Sam/Janet moments even though I knew very well that there was nothing 'officially' there. Being able to see things and interpret things the way the fans like while not requiring other fans that don't like it to deal with is the best of both worlds.

I'm the kind of girl who sees ship everywhere, especially when it's the less obvious... I'm always the only one going "oh, look! look! did you see that! He so likes her!" and everybody is going "yeah, sure, you're crazy"..
                            Then the ship becomes more obvious and I'm the only one that can say "told you so!"...
                            So you'll hear of me when the day comes..!
                            *evil laugh*

Spoiler:
                            [Weir] I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony
                            [McKay] Oh believe me. That's not the first thing we tried
                            [Sheppard, smiling] I shot him!

LyneSparrow
                            ** I do Believe in Furlings, I do, I do!**

Comment

Right now I'm enjoying Sheppard and Weir's relationship best of all. They've got a good, solid friendship based on mutual respect, which I think is important given the fact that they're in charge of everything. And if — if — TPTB decide to develop that into something romantic, I won't be complaining. I've always been of the opinion that romantic relationships that begin as friends-only are the most enjoyable in fiction.

Mel
                              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                              Last update: 14 April 2006
                              Melyanna's Multimedia
                              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X