This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far can a kull beam penetrate?

I was wondering if you were in a tank and a wraith dart flew overhead could they take the entire cew out or do you have to be exposed for the beam to effect you?

So can the beam penetrate metal, wood, plastic, etc.............. or not
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

well, it is supposedly the same as a staff blast, just smaller and shoots faster, probably less damage too, so my guess would be that it wouldnt go through wood, metal, etc as the staff weapon would not go *through* wood...could probably burn through it after a bunch of shots...

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

I think he means the Wraith dart's culling beam

Comment

oh, sorry, i was very tired when i read that, i guess i misread

i believe we have seen, that when they "swoop" something up, it stops at a hard object...e.g when darts are taking soldiers up from atlantis in the seige the beam doesnt appear to go through the floor...it could also be a programed thing, like a wraith needs to put in a setting of where the enemy will be or somethin...

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

whenever it hits a flat object that when it stops and was probal designed to only take lifesigns
          sigpic

Comment

It's not near Asgard beams. Otherwise, the Wraith will be beaming directly from the Hives and can beam inside anything.

But it has to be somewhat similar, otherwise how would they know to block Asgard beams so easily?

This means that the beam cannot penetrate solid matter (i.e. beam inside a building, or tank etc).

Comment

Agreed. Plus in the beginning of the brotherhood ep, it did seem that the stone buildings did block the beams..

Comment

i dont believe that a wooden structure with a straw roof would be sufficient protection from a culling beam.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Teyla said in Rising that her people used to hide in some caves which probably means they were safe from the Wraith beams in there.
                  "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                    i dont believe that a wooden structure with a straw roof would be sufficient protection from a culling beam.
                    Agreed. I think that it has to have a solid roof (as in brick, stone, solid wood, etc) to block the beam.
                    sigpic

Comment

It either needs to be of a dense material or to be of a certain thickness presumably so the beam can get a lock on the object in question.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                        i dont believe that a wooden structure
                        with a straw roof would be sufficient protection from a culling beam.
                        Or from the Big Bad Wolf.
                        sigpic

Comment

As we have seeni nvarious episodes, the culing beam from a Wraith dart seems ot either be pre-programmed, or can/may, distinguish between living matter & inanamate objects, like trees, buildings, etc.

We have seen people sucked up into a beam with their personal belongs/what their holding intact, leaving other stuff behind & their surrouding intact; although I assume this is pre-program/sensor distinguishing thing. I would also assume that the Wraith could use a culling beam to deposite other things, like bombs, weapons & supplies, etc wherever/whenever they wanted; much in a similar aspect that Asgard transport beams do?

If not probable, then it would certainly be possible in theory IMHO from what we've seen of othere transport technologies used by other races suchas the Asgard, Aschen, Gadmeer, Ancients, etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X