This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG1 - Exclusive! Stargate SG-1: Continuum Featurette

(With many thanks to txaslady at this GateWorld Forum thread for the heads up!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....69&postcount=4)

From the MGM Stargate site:

http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=66

NEW

Exclusive! Stargate SG-1: Continuum Featurette 4:24 12MB

Formatted in QuickTime 7.0
    Last edited by morjana; 08 September 2007, 02:20 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Another Antartica video? Can we have somenthing else than that?
    sigpic
    Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
      Another Antartica video? Can we have somenthing else than that?
      Actually, it's the Arctic but yes, it's just the producers talking. I don't think we'll see any real clips until 2008.

And Tsaxlady's original post was at
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....69&postcount=4

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Actually, it's the Arctic but yes, it's just the producers talking. I don't think we'll see any real clips until 2008.

And Tsaxlady's original post was at
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....69&postcount=4
        Sorry.... I can't wait...
        sigpic
        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
          Sorry.... I can't wait...
          Heh, but then again, the SG1 stuff was in the Antarctic, but nobody films down there due to restrictions.

Comment

Unfortunately (for me), my old computer can only play the audio portion of this QuickTime video clip. So, I made a transcript for anyone else who can't see the video clip.

Martin Wood, Brad Wright and N. John Smith discuss the making of "Continuum."

MW: "Two years ago, John Smith, Andy Mikita and I were at a convention here in Vancouver and a man called Barry Campbell came up and said to John 'Would you like to go the Arctic?' And he put a picture down in front of him. And we all sort of looked at each other and said, 'Yeah, sure.' And he goes, 'And would you like to go on a nuclear submarine when you're up there?' And we went, 'YEAH!" (laughs) 'Yeah, how do we do it?' And from that point on John Smith and Lynn Smith started working on getting us up to the Arctic and on to a nuclear submarine."

NJS: "And I approached Brad and Robert about it and said, you know we've got an opportunity here to go up - this isn't going to happen for two years - but we're now, by Monday afternoon, like the day after we'd first been approached, I had clearance through this Barry Campbell's counterpart, superior officer basically, and they had given us clearance to go up there with a couple of other people just to fly out on the ice and to have a look at this whole thing."

MW: "They go to up to a camp called APLIS, which is the Applied Physics Laboratory Ice Station. And it's a camp that's built specifically for submarines to come up in the high Arctic, through the ice. And there's a lot of classified stuff that goes on that I can't tell you about. I'm not even supposed to know about."

NJS: "Well, over the period of a year went by and then I asked them if it would be possible to maybe shoot some stuff up there, because these kind of opportunities don't arise that often, and we have a good rapport with the American military through the SG1 franchise. And he said, 'well, let me ask the question.' So he did, and it evolved into being allowed to go up there with about twenty people."

MW: "Brad Wright has beautifully, as he always does, crafted a story that works around the production…the biggest piece of production that we can get, which is a two billion dollar submarine sitting on the polar ice cap. Poking its head up through so that we can get on it and drive it."

NJS: "We've had a tremendous experience with the Air Force but the Navy is right alongside of them. And it's really kind of nice to say this."

BW: "Having said that, the US Air Force is also participating. They're not going to get trumped by the Navy. They're sending up some F16's for us to shoot in."

MW: "Rick [Richard Dean Anderson] was out on the ice. What was funny, he was lying on the ice, because his back was a little sore. And so, he'd lie on the ice, and you'd look around, 'okay, we'll go back…,' and Rick's right here, lying on the ice, right in front of you. And all of them stood there, the whole time. And it was…it was remarkable to see. The crew - we hand picked the crew for people who were hardy and weren't going to give up on us. The actors you can't hand pick, but if I had to do it again, I would take those three up there. And…we could have done another week's filming and nobody would have said anything. Because everybody just had a ball."

BW: "That was an extraordinary experience for them. And they were all troopers. Amanda and Ben and Rick - Richard Dean Anderson - were real troopers."

MW: "They had a helicopter that sits there. And they sort of said, 'Well, take the helicopter!' And I went, 'Oh, yeah!' NOBODY ever says to a director, 'Ah, there's a helicopter here, take that.' You fight for it for a month, 'Can I have a helicopter for a day?' I had seven days of helicopter if I needed it."

BW: "The production value is on the feature scale of a James Bond movie. Nuclear submarines are very expensive and big and hard to build. (laughs) And we have one for our movie. So we're absolutely thrilled."

MW: "I have this to say to people who think that all they're going to get is another episode when they're watching 'Continuum.' If you took all of your favorite episodes, and took all the favorite moments from them and put it into two hours - it still wouldn't be as good as this. This is…when I was reading the script, I'm going, 'I can't believe this is happening! I can't believe that's going to happen! I CAN'T believe THAT'S going to happen! What?! I CAN'T believe THAT'S going to happen!' All the way through it, I just kept going…and there's no, there's no breath. It's like boom, boom, boom, boom! You just keep getting bigger and bigger and I'm going, 'This is a huge movie!'"

BW: "This is a feature. This is a movie. And the scale is larger than anything we've ever done before."

MW: "Once this footage comes together - the interesting thing about this movie is the stuff in the Arctic? It's not the biggest thing we did."

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
            X