PDA

View Full Version : ID4-Stargate

Prometheus 1
September 2nd, 2007, 10:47 PM
After hearing that ID4 was supposed to be part of the Stargate original trilogy, i rewatched it and found many similarities:
David Levinson-Daniel Jackson
Steven Hiller- Jack O'Neil
Mr. Nimzicki-Senator Kinsey
President Whitmore-President Hayes
General William Grey-General Hammond
The Alien Attackers- Death Gliders
Big City Ships- Hataks

I'd personally like to see the original ideas for a Stargate trilogy to see how different it is from the series. I'd like to think there's others out there who'd like that as well.

Esquin
September 3rd, 2007, 12:04 AM
Who told you that? I want you to go flick their ears ebcause they kinda lied to you.

Also Hammond, Kinsey, Hayes - these were all not in the original movie premiss.

September 3rd, 2007, 03:20 AM
no it is true, dean devlin rewrote his outline for stargate 2 as ID4

SGA fan
September 3rd, 2007, 03:47 AM
Id4??

LawgSkrak
September 3rd, 2007, 05:11 AM
Independence Day. What? Are you ten? :)

jenks
September 3rd, 2007, 05:39 AM
Independence Day. What? Are you ten? :)

I've never heard anyone call it ID4 before.

LawgSkrak
September 3rd, 2007, 06:27 AM
They only completely advertised it as ID4 when the film came out. It even says it on the movie poster.

rlr149
September 3rd, 2007, 06:41 AM
levinson was more a sam/daniel crossbreed imo

SGA fan
September 3rd, 2007, 06:46 AM
not everyone can remember what a poster said 11 years ago. some of us have a life.:)

gopher65
September 3rd, 2007, 09:11 AM
Not only that, but they don't use the same advertising campaigns in all areas.

September 3rd, 2007, 09:22 AM
my dvd of it says ID4: Independance Day, its the region 2 extended edition.

LawgSkrak
September 3rd, 2007, 09:43 AM
my dvd of it says ID4: Independance Day, its the region 2 extended edition.

My Region 1 DVD says the same thing.

LawgSkrak
September 3rd, 2007, 09:44 AM
not everyone can remember what a poster said 11 years ago. some of us have a life.:)

I have a life and I can remember it. What? Are you ninety? :)

Calhoun
September 3rd, 2007, 10:59 AM
When I first saw this thread, I assumed you were referring to Anubis's mothership; especially, the shot of it hovering over Jonas's homeworld in "Homecoming".

Screencap from StargateCaps (http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s7/702/):
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s7/702/7x02%5F042.jpg
Ironic, really. "Stargate" (94) inspires "ID4", which inspired an effects shot in "Stargate SG-1"!

It would have been interesting if they had made ID4 as a Stargate sequel... the Goa'uld invade earth, and O'Neill and Jackson must use a reverse-engineered death glider to deliver a computer virus. :) Of course, then we wouldn't have had SG-1 and Atlantis. I'd rather have the TV shows.

Of course, this directly contradicts an article from Aintitcool.com (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15956) years ago, about how Stargate 2 was supposed to be about the Mayan pyramids, and a third film about various myths like the yeti and the Lock Ness Monster.

I had heard "Independence Day" referred to as "ID4", mostly via the huge movie posters with that title (even here in the UK)... of course, I completely missed the fact that there's a USA holiday called Independence Day when I first watched it! (I was only 12.)

wolfax
September 3rd, 2007, 02:24 PM
The aliens look like the Asgard. So it would be Loki and a evil sect of Asgard invading.

SGA fan
September 3rd, 2007, 03:20 PM
The aliens look like the Asgard. So it would be Loki and a evil sect of Asgard invading.

It's a Asgard revenge thing :P

Daniel Jackson
September 3rd, 2007, 03:41 PM
After hearing that ID4 was supposed to be part of the Stargate original trilogy, i rewatched it and found many similarities:
David Levinson-Daniel Jackson
Steven Hiller- Jack O'Neil
Mr. Nimzicki-Senator Kinsey
President Whitmore-President Hayes
General William Grey-General Hammond
The Alien Attackers- Death Gliders
Big City Ships- Hataks

I'd personally like to see the original ideas for a Stargate trilogy to see how different it is from the series. I'd like to think there's others out there who'd like that as well.
Senator Kinsey, President Hayes, General Hammond, and Ha'taks were created for SG-1, the ideas did not originate with the creators of the original movie.

There will be no sequels to the original movie since MGM considers SG-1 the movie's official continuation.

Prometheus 1
September 3rd, 2007, 04:02 PM
i know they were thought up for the series but you have to admit the characters have a lot in common

Major_Griff
September 3rd, 2007, 04:05 PM
The General probably would have been General West.

Daniel Jackson
September 3rd, 2007, 05:09 PM
i know they were thought up for the series but you have to admit the characters have a lot in common
True, but we're talking about what would have happened in the original trilogy had SG-1 not happened, therefore SG-1 must be disregarded. :jack:

wolfax
September 3rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
It's a Asgard revenge thing :P

I was thinking more on this, Loki did "abduct" humans for experiments so it does fit. ;)

IcyNeko
September 4th, 2007, 09:46 AM
I think the OP needs some of the probing that the ID4 aliens did to that guy. Clearly something's clogging up his ability to read.

Mister Oragahn
September 6th, 2007, 12:00 PM
I've never heard anyone call it ID4 before.

:) You've been living under a Colorado sized rock, right?

Ah, nevermind. Yep, it's been officially nicknamed and pasted as ID4, and that was indeed partly based on a sequel to Stargate.

However, I'm glad the iMac trick didn't do it into the film.
Besides, alien ships needing our satellites was downright moronic (possibly a part of the plot they quickly threw in). The overblown patriotism was puke worthy as well.

However, it was a very good SF flick in terms of scale and action.

wolfax
September 7th, 2007, 12:58 PM
:) You've been living under a Colorado sized rock, right?

Ah, nevermind. Yep, it's been officially nicknamed and pasted as ID4, and that was indeed partly based on a sequel to Stargate.

However, I'm glad the iMac trick didn't do it into the film.
Besides, alien ships needing our satellites was downright moronic (possibly a part of the plot they quickly threw in). The overblown patriotism was puke worthy as well.

However, it was a very good SF flick in terms of scale and action.

Actually due to the earths or any other planets magnetic field the mother ship would have to deploy its own satalites or use ours against us to coordinate an attack in regards to communication with their attacking vessels.

kymeric
September 12th, 2007, 10:35 AM
I had heard "Independence Day" referred to as "ID4", mostly via the huge movie posters with that title (even here in the UK)... of course, I completely missed the fact that there's a USA holiday called Independence Day when I first watched it! (I was only 12.)

It celebrates the day our ancestors kicked ure ancestors ass!!! :-p

jenks
September 12th, 2007, 01:28 PM
And all made possible because of help from the French...

kymeric
September 13th, 2007, 10:34 AM

Who have looked down their noses at us ever since! Next world war theyre on their own!!! Buncha cheese eating funny hat wearing surrenderers!!!

wolfax
September 13th, 2007, 07:01 PM

Ahh, history at its best.

wolfax
September 13th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Who have looked down their noses at us ever since! Next world war theyre on their own!!! Buncha cheese eating funny hat wearing surrenderers!!!

America and France are even after WWII, thats why they are snobbish.

September 17th, 2007, 03:31 AM
france actually recently got voted the most arrogant nation in europe! found out at a pub quiz, we all thought it was the UK, lol.

kirmit
September 17th, 2007, 05:51 AM
france actually recently got voted the most arrogant nation in europe! found out at a pub quiz, we all thought it was the UK, lol.

How could you think it was the UK? Lol. Plenty of countries in Europe come before the UK when it comes to arrogance :P.

They're like it with everyone though, not just America lol.

September 17th, 2007, 09:11 AM
well arrogant people don't always see themselves as arrogant, and since it was an international poll, and most europeans don't like the british because we are allied with the US, we figured we'd be voted most arrogant, to be fair my second choice was france but you never know when there's a trick question in one of those quizzes.

kirmit
September 17th, 2007, 01:34 PM
well arrogant people don't always see themselves as arrogant, and since it was an international poll, and most europeans don't like the british because we are allied with the US, we figured we'd be voted most arrogant, to be fair my second choice was france but you never know when there's a trick question in one of those quizzes.

Good point, I would've still gone for France though based on how I was treated last time I was in Paris :P.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 17th, 2007, 02:01 PM
you seem to forget vietnam, they owe us

September 18th, 2007, 03:17 AM
what do they owe?

SP90
September 18th, 2007, 05:48 AM
It celebrates the day our ancestors kicked ure ancestors ass!!! :-p

More like the day our founding fathers told them where to stuff it. :D

It took years to kick their ass even with French help. Probably because they just sent that one guy we saw in The Patriot. ;)

As for the movie ID4 being like SG, yes I see the similarities. I have to agree with whoever said the cable guy was more of a Sam-like egghead than Daniel. He broke their satellite signal and successfully design and implanted a virus to infected an alien computer system that he knew nothing about in 2 days. That's gotta be more Sam than Daniel.

Prometheus 1
September 18th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Well that makes sense. I guess David Levinson could be considered Daniel and Sam together. But probably moreso Sam

ice_devil
September 22nd, 2007, 12:09 PM
you seem to forget vietnam, they owe us

what do they owe?

my histroy is abit crap but didn't the french start the war in vietnam? America
only got involved cuz the french ask them for help

wolfax
September 23rd, 2007, 12:59 PM

:weiranime17: Thank-you

Solarblazer
September 25th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Two guys had two different stories and combined them into one and created stargate.

IcyNeko
September 25th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Oh hey, I know. Let's create more ID4-Stargate threads instead of, oh, say, ASKING THIS QUESTION IN THE FIRST ONE.

SylvreWolfe
September 26th, 2007, 03:09 PM

Sort of. The French joined the Imperialist Crusade in Asia because they kept getting their asses kicked in Europe. They chose Indo-China to pick on and tried to force convert all the people there to Catholicism. They also exploited the rubber situation. After WWII the Vietnamese *Indo China* told France to stay out and France ran to England, who ran to us. Then they both condemned the US for being involved in Vietnam, even while England still had troops there....

SylvreWolfe
September 26th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I would just like to point out that even this dumb American knows that the UK and Britain are not countries.

jenks
September 26th, 2007, 03:36 PM
The UK is.

SylvreWolfe
September 26th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Nope, the UK is not a country. It is a conglomeration of countries that include England, Scotland, Wales and, I believe, Ireland. Or Ireland could be part of Great Britain, I am always confusing that issue.

jenks
September 26th, 2007, 03:56 PM
The UK is a sovereign country with four constituent nations: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Britain is basically just the island that contains England, Wales and Scotland... Ireland has nothing to do with the UK.

s09119
September 26th, 2007, 04:04 PM
The UK is a sovereign country with four constituent nations: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Britain is basically just the island that contains England, Wales and Scotland... Ireland has nothing to do with the UK.

...you mean except for Northern Ireland, right?

jenks
September 26th, 2007, 04:08 PM
When I say Ireland I mean the country not the island.

Turbo
October 3rd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Wow, how'd we get here?

I'd always heard that ID4 was supposed to be Stargate 3, with Stargate 2 being the Mayan storyline that AICN reported, which would end on a cliffhanger as Our Heroes discover that Ra is still alive, and he's pissed.

IcyNeko
October 4th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah, but you're wrong. Stop reviving this thread.

JedI Master of the Gate
October 11th, 2007, 03:59 PM
When I first heard of ID4 originaly being a planned Stargate (Movie) sequel, I started to notices little similarities too.

But I never thought of the ID4 aliens as being Ra's race (Even thought they looked similar). I always thought of them as the race that wiped out Ra's race, remember it was said Ra was the last of his race and the ID4 aliens were said to travel from world to world sucking it dry of natural resources.

October 12th, 2007, 08:47 AM
When I first heard of ID4 originaly being a planned Stargate (Movie) sequel, I started to notices little similarities too.

But I never thought of the ID4 aliens as being Ra's race (Even thought they looked similar). I always thought of them as the race that wiped out Ra's race, remember it was said Ra was the last of his race and the ID4 aliens were said to travel from world to world sucking it dry of natural resources.

i think the little differences like that were changed to make it work better as a stand alone movie.

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
October 12th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Nope, the UK is not a country. It is a conglomeration of countries that include England, Scotland, Wales and, I believe, Ireland. Or Ireland could be part of Great Britain, I am always confusing that issue.

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain is the name of the Ireland that has England, Scotland and Wales on it, so Northern Ireland isn't apart of Great Britain, but it is part of the UK.

The Republic of Ireland (the southern part of Ireland, ie not Northern Ireland) is a completely independent of the UK

The UK is a country made up of 4 constituent countries.

wolfax
October 12th, 2007, 03:10 PM
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain is the name of the Ireland that has England, Scotland and Wales on it, so Northern Ireland isn't apart of Great Britain, but it is part of the UK.

The Republic of Ireland (the southern part of Ireland, ie not Northern Ireland) is a completely independent of the UK

United Kingdom (4 states in one country)=United States (50 states in one country), same concept, just the US is bigger.

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
October 13th, 2007, 05:17 AM
United Kingdom (4 states in one country)=United States (50 states in one country), same concept, just the US is bigger.

Similar concept, not the same though. England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are not states they are countries.

wolfax
October 13th, 2007, 12:55 PM
And States in America are also small countries (separate state government, military=national guard) so it is the same :D

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
October 13th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I don't know enough about the subject to make a good argument... but it's not the same :P

Darkstar 2.0
October 13th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I heard it was supposed to be Ra's enemy, which as we all know straight out of the book of the dead, was Apophis, the god of night, the idea i heard a few years ago was, that Apophis was comming to Earth with his Bride or something to that effect his daughter Hathor!

IT's a smart Idea, I mean the SG programme was never told to the world, and an alien invasion on a mass planet wide scale would have been the coolest thing ever, I know now that no matter what idea they could ever really have about alien invading Earth in the SGU would never come off as beleivable and would look sillly.

Some boundaries are never meant crossing eh?

wolfax
October 13th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Yes I heard the same. I dont know about SGU (which is a temp name btw). Im hopeing that SGU is set in the future.

Gate gal
October 19th, 2007, 08:16 PM
True, but we're talking about what would have happened in the original trilogy had SG-1 not happened, therefore SG-1 must be disregarded. :jack:

GASP
Disregard SG-1! No way!

Seriously, I didn't know that ID4 was based on Stargate 2's script. That is interesting. I can definitely see similarities with the main characters. Thanks for the information.

October 22nd, 2007, 09:16 AM

technically if you are talking the British Empire, that would include Aus, NZ, the Falklands, Gibralta etc. and Northern Ireland IS part of GB, which is exactly the same as the UK :P

Similar concept, not the same though. England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are not states they are countries.

wales is a techncially a principality :P

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
October 22nd, 2007, 12:18 PM
technically if you are talking the British Empire, that would include Aus, NZ, the Falklands, Gibralta etc. and Northern Ireland IS part of GB, which is exactly the same as the UK :P

Well if you're getting technical.... Great Britain is simply the name of the biggest island in the british isles ( the one with most of England, Scotland, and Wales on it). So Northern Ireland isn't part of GB. GB and the UK are not the same. The UK's full name is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

October 28th, 2007, 08:18 AM
pah

.jolinar.
November 1st, 2007, 05:24 PM

I was only 5 at the time but I have the original video with the holographic cover & the alien fighter big model thing that I still haven't finished painting

Nitegate
November 5th, 2007, 05:49 AM
what's weird on how they made sg-1 different from the movie, which should have been the same if it was the same race of the goa'uld.

in the movie Ra's warriors were human
in sg-1 they're jaffa

in the movie Ra looks like an evil asgard
in sg-1 the Goa'uld are snake like

no one ever explained why they showed Ra looking like an evil asgard.

i also heard that Independance Day was gonna be Stargate 2, i don't know if it was gonna be on earth or not, but the aliens looked like Zoda from the old video game on nintendo Star Tropics.

jenks
November 5th, 2007, 06:17 AM
what's weird on how they made sg-1 different from the movie, which should have been the same if it was the same race of the goa'uld.

in the movie Ra's warriors were human
in sg-1 they're jaffa

In SG-1 they were humans too.

no one ever explained why they showed Ra looking like an evil asgard.

That's easy, in the SG-1 canon, Ra never looked like an evil Asgard.

Hotep Ka Heru'ur
November 5th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Genetically altered humans. In the movie, they were normal humans.

jenks
November 6th, 2007, 08:22 AM
No, just human.

ohnd
November 6th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Wraith vs Those ID4 Aliens, who would win?

Oreo
November 6th, 2007, 02:20 PM
It's not at all true, for at least the tenth time. It was just a rumour. ID4 has NOTHING to do with Stargate besides te fact there are aliens in both shows.

Hotep Ka Heru'ur
November 7th, 2007, 06:54 AM
No, just human.

Movie: humans

SG-1: genetically altered humans

jenks
November 7th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Movie: Humans
SG-1: Humans

Warner: They're not human.

O'Neill: Ya think?

Warner: Best we can tell, these slits are actually a pouch similar to that found in a marsupial.

Samuels: Like a kangaroo.

Warner: (as O'Neill leans closer) We haven't done an autopsy yet.

Hammond: These people - or aliens, whatever you want to call them - came through, killed four of my people and kidnapped another using advanced weapons.

O'Neill: Weapons, sir?

An officer brings out the staff weapon, handing it over to Hammond, who hands it to O'Neill in turn.

Samuels: We can't figure out how to operate it.

As he speaks, O'Neill hefts the staff weapon easily, turning it in his hands to flip a switch in the middle with his thumb. Instantly, the head of the staff weapon opens with a crackle of orange energy. Hammond and Samuels start in surprise as O'Neill shuts the staff weapon off.

Hammond: Seen one of those before, I take it?

O'Neill: Yes, sir. (hands the staff weapon back) There were no creatures like this on Abydos. Those people were human. From Earth. Ra brought 'em there thousands of years ago.