This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID4-Stargate

After hearing that ID4 was supposed to be part of the Stargate original trilogy, i rewatched it and found many similarities:
    David Levinson-Daniel Jackson
    Steven Hiller- Jack O'Neil
    Mr. Nimzicki-Senator Kinsey
    President Whitmore-President Hayes
    General William Grey-General Hammond
    The Alien Attackers- Death Gliders
    Big City Ships- Hataks

I'd personally like to see the original ideas for a Stargate trilogy to see how different it is from the series. I'd like to think there's others out there who'd like that as well.
    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Who told you that? I want you to go flick their ears ebcause they kinda lied to you.

Also Hammond, Kinsey, Hayes - these were all not in the original movie premiss.

Comment

no it is true, dean devlin rewrote his outline for stargate 2 as ID4
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Id4??

Comment

Independence Day. What? Are you ten?

Comment

Originally posted by LawgSkrak View Post
            Independence Day. What? Are you ten?
            I've never heard anyone call it ID4 before.

Comment

They only completely advertised it as ID4 when the film came out. It even says it on the movie poster.

Comment

levinson was more a sam/daniel crossbreed imo
                sigpic
                EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                -Liberty Prime

Comment

not everyone can remember what a poster said 11 years ago. some of us have a life.

Comment

Not only that, but they don't use the same advertising campaigns in all areas.

Comment

my dvd of it says ID4: Independance Day, its the region 2 extended edition.
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                        my dvd of it says ID4: Independance Day, its the region 2 extended edition.
                        My Region 1 DVD says the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SGA fan View Post
                          not everyone can remember what a poster said 11 years ago. some of us have a life.

I have a life and I can remember it. What? Are you ninety?

Comment

When I first saw this thread, I assumed you were referring to Anubis's mothership; especially, the shot of it hovering over Jonas's homeworld in "Homecoming".

Screencap from StargateCaps:
                            Spoiler:

Ironic, really. "Stargate" (94) inspires "ID4", which inspired an effects shot in "Stargate SG-1"!

It would have been interesting if they had made ID4 as a Stargate sequel... the Goa'uld invade earth, and O'Neill and Jackson must use a reverse-engineered death glider to deliver a computer virus. Of course, then we wouldn't have had SG-1 and Atlantis. I'd rather have the TV shows.

Of course, this directly contradicts an article from Aintitcool.com years ago, about how Stargate 2 was supposed to be about the Mayan pyramids, and a third film about various myths like the yeti and the Lock Ness Monster.

I had heard "Independence Day" referred to as "ID4", mostly via the huge movie posters with that title (even here in the UK)... of course, I completely missed the fact that there's a USA holiday called Independence Day when I first watched it! (I was only 12.)
                            Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

The aliens look like the Asgard. So it would be Loki and a evil sect of Asgard invading.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X