Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Earth Build Ships without the Asgard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Earth Build Ships without the Asgard?

Can Earth still make Shields, Hyperdrives, beaming tech, sensors and all that other good stuff of the asgard with out the asgard being around?

Didn't the Asgard install all of that stuff on our ships then had other asgard show us how to use it on our ships

So without them can we still build ships or not?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

I think we can. We have the technical plans. It is a question of studing them and building the tech ourselves.
    sigpic

Comment

We don't really Have to make anthing just build a hull that looks like a ship and a Asgard replicator with assisatance of a Asgard computer they can make any little yet crucial part they need, first have the replicator make back up replicators.

Comment

They built the 301, then 302 without any Asgard tech as far as I can tell.

Then the fact that they are able to repair the broken hyperdrives, ships, systems etc. So it's obvious that there will be new ships at some point in the future, be that Atlantis, SG-1 movies or the new 3rd series. The Asgard aren't around any longer, so they'll most probably be able to put out ship with ease. Not only that but with the Asgard knowledge, then anything they get from the Lanteans or Asurans. Then the ships will be much more advanced again.

Prometheus was just Asgard designed stuff to get them into the groove of all things spaceship. I think the Asgard just helped out with Daedalus to make sure that they could handle the newer upgraded intergalactic hyperdrive as McKay stated in 'Intruder'. The shields, beaming tech etc were the same as on Prometheus, just more advanced.

Seeing how slow they've been pumping the ships out these past few years. It seems like 1 a year, so I seriously doubt the Asgard were helping them with the building of the ships. They probably did with Prometheus. Let them screw around with the lesser tech to get them going. Give them a couple of years to get to grips with it all. Then give them more advanced upgrades of their existing technology. For the 1st ship they put in an Asgard crew member to keep an eye on things incase there was any problems. Humans took lessons on how to do everything to build the ships. Now they are able to put out ships on their own. The only thing they weren;t able to do themselves was build a proper energy weapons to place on their ships. However I'm sure that'll change come the mid-season of S4.

Comment

I think your right. It seems that the Asgard didnt want us to have energy weapons and they limited our ability to use beaming tech as a weapon.

Now that they are gone (R.I.P ) I think energy weapons and liberal use of beaming will be the norm.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
            Can Earth still make Shields, Hyperdrives, beaming tech, sensors and all that other good stuff of the asgard with out the asgard being around?

Didn't the Asgard install all of that stuff on our ships then had other asgard show us how to use it on our ships

So without them can we still build ships or not?
            Why not? We've been doing it for 2 years

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

I don't think we can actually engineer the asgard components
              the asgard basically engineer matter on a molecular scale, this is far far beyond our level of engineering
              now that we have the asgard matter replicators we might be able to do it, but not before that
              they probably just provided machinery that assemble their hyperdrives, shields, sensors etc to our building facilities, but the components are 100% asgard engineered.
              we also know they have failsafes on the asgard components to prevent us from doing anything stupid with their tech.
              I also don't think we fully understand the technology they've given us in the slightest.
              we've never seen any human fix the asgard components, they just patch it so it works until they can make it home.
              the only ones we've seen actually fix their components are Hermiod and Kvasir.

Comment

the matter replicator will help building and increase the speed off building the ship and we are not alone in this we still have the asgard but not in the normal sense the EAH (Emergency Asgard Hologram) put it as a standard in the ships and shipyards so we can use it when needed.

i also say this all they need are two teams one to duplicate the technology and one to figure out how it works.

duplicate is simple figure out how is harder but the figure out how is for upgrade the already available technology or create a new version duplicate is you know it works copy it and use it.

Comment

Well in pure raw intelligence, even Rodney is semi-dumb compared to the an average Asgard. So nobody on earth will fully understand any of the Asgard tech.

However, we can replicate pretty much anything now and still have the Asgard to help (Holograms).

Comment

I think we couldn't built asgard shields, hyperdrives and teleporters before. The Asgard engineers built and put these equipments on Earth ships. Now we have the Asgard Database(which made for Earth, so we can understand it more easily) and know we will can build our own Asgard equipments(shields which are more stronger then we had before, faster hyperdrives, beaming technology, new energy weapons etc.).

Comment

i think i heard somewhere in one episode that the asgard has given us the hyperdrive and shield and we just fix it into earths system i think it was intruder or something but i could be wrong

and i think the asgard did give the asgard tech cos if they didnt them we would have the knowledge to use beaming tech in places like atlantis and shields on things
                      sigpic

Comment

We don't know if the Asgard gave us the completed shield/hyperdrive/beaming systems and showed us how to integrate them or if they showed us how to build them on our own.

Also, we don't know if we have found the Replicator modification to the Asgard beams yet. Remember, Sam figured it out because it was required to survive, then when time was reversed, it never happened. It depends if the modification was easy to find or not. I`m guessing it probably was but until we get confirmation that we have found it, I`m going to assume that we haven't.

Even if we do have the matter replicator tech, it depends how scalable it is. If the power requirement rises depending on the size of the object that you are replicating, it may be that it simply requires too much power to replicate anything on a large scale. It would still help in the construction of components though, which would increase the speed of ship building.

My opinion is that having the replication technology will be useful in enhancing our ship building abilities, but that for plot purposes we will still not be shooting out much more than 1/2 ships a year. This way we retain our underdog status while advancing a limited degree.

Comment

I thought the asgard gave us the specs on how to build their shield, beaming, and hyperdrive components. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to continually build ships, and the 304s are being mass-produced.

Comment

The entire point behind that Asgard database was to make it so that Earth could accomplish everything that the Asgard could. This was not some incredibly cryptic database like the one in Atlantis. It was designed SPECIFICALLY so that Earth could understand, and use it.
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

"DUmbed down" as it were?

Comment

Working...
                              X