Official poster for "Ark of Truth"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official poster for "Ark of Truth"

I have found a site with a poster on it. i admit that it could be a fake, but it looks prety official to me. Also the poster has appeared on the "Ark of Truth" page on wikipedia. the original web page is in a language i can't recognise, so i havent been able to translate it.

Here are the links.

http://www.sga-project.com/sg1/ukaz_novinku.php?id=366

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate:_The_Ark_of_Truth

What do you guys think?
    Real or not?

If anyone could give a rough translation of what the page says that would be great too.

Thanks
    D

I think it was first spotted at a comic con, it's already been posted in the Ark Of Truth thread.

Comment

The previous one i'd seen must have been a teaser poster, and this one must be the official one.
      I like it. Looks really cool.

The other on i saw is here

http://www.sga-project.com/forum/pre...oming-2008.jpg

I think it was in the season 10 box set too.

B-D
      Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
      Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
      Citizen Joe

Comment

Pity that they included the "and" before MS' name instead of just listing the cast names. It makes it look a bit uneven, at least in my opinion. Shame. It's quite a good poster otherwise.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

The Ark of Truth je spole?n? s druhým filmem Continuum nyn?* v postprodukci, kde se vkládaj?* vizuáln?* efekty a dotahuj?* se detaily. Na internetu se v pond?l?* ve ve?ern?*ch hodinách objevilo video DEMO studia, které má na starost n?které vizuáln?* efekty pro seriály Stargate, mimo scény, které jsme mohli vid?t v posledn?* ?ad? Stargate SG-1 a Atlantis, je zde hned v úvodu prvn?* záb?r z filmu The Ark Of Truth. Jedná se o záb?r povznesené Adrie, která se zformuje do lidského t?la. Celé demo si m?žete stáhnout na tomto linku (17.50 MB). Nav?*c se p?ed n?kolika dny objevil i promo plakát k filmu The Ark Of Truth.
          The Ark of Truth along with the second movie Continuum now in post production...... but then I get stuck I think its talking about the visual effects used in the film, the hi-res digital models and miniature models(maybe), theres something about the ultimate adventure in the stargate series (I think) It also mentions a 'video recorder demo' which I think means a trailer for the film. It also seems to mention Adria and humanity and also a word that could mean negotiation. Could be a fight for the future of humanity (or trying to avoid a fight, hence negotiation)The last line is about the promotion of the movie (possibly) The Ark of truth.

My translation may be way off, please feel free to correct it!

Comment

Thanks for that translation. At least now we know it doesn't say...
            "I'm a fan. Here's a poster i made in by bedroom. Deosn't it look groovy?!"
            I'd still like to see some official confirmation on it though.
            Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
            Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
            Citizen Joe

Comment

Just because it doesnt say 'I'm a fan, heres a poster I made' doesn't mean its not made by a fan in their bedroom. I made a poster for Kill Bill in my bedroom, although that one really was used to promote the film.....

Comment

Overall, I really like the "official" poster.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

For an almost definately might be possibly official, yet slight chance it may be fan made poster, its one of my favourites

Comment

It looks good, fan poster or not but does anyone know what font was used for "The Ark of Truth"?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      It looks good, fan poster or not but does anyone know what font was used for "The Ark of Truth"?
                      Its called Papyrus.

Perfecto!

Comment

I wish they would've used a different font. Something similar, but different. It's just that EVERYTHING uses Papyrus, and now it's kind of cliche and cheap.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                          I wish they would've used a different font. Something similar, but different. It's just that EVERYTHING uses Papyrus, and now it's kind of cliche and cheap.
                          I used it a lot on my fan artwork on my SG-1 page.

Comment

What's with the Ori wall o' flames? I thought Baal said the Ori were dead.

Comment

Maybe he lied? Or its Adria who now is the only Ascended Ori. Or a hologram. Or an actual fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X