X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for Atlantis Movies

How about a movie about Lt. Ford?

I wouldn't be that interested (I would watch it though). I never liked Ford to be honest. Sorry.

As for a movie, well, I wouldn't mind seeing the last days of the First Siege of Atlantis, but on a galaxy-wide scale instead of the small bits we saw in "Before I Sleep".

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      I wouldn't be that interested (I would watch it though). I never liked Ford to be honest. Sorry.

As for a movie, well, I wouldn't mind seeing the last days of the First Siege of Atlantis, but on a galaxy-wide scale instead of the small bits we saw in "Before I Sleep".
      That would also be a very good idea for an Atlantis movie. Hopefully there will be many.

Comment

If they were to make an Atlantis movie the only way i would watch it is if it was a prequel that dealt with the war between the ancients and the wraith.

Comment

Aside some kind of movie about the Ancients, it's hard to start thinkning of ideas considering the fact that we have yet to see S4.
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
            While I like Lt. Ford and would like to see him return for a few episodes, the character just isn't interesting enough to carry a movie.

Comment

The Atlantis Expedition is temporarily shutdown.

Sheppard moves to New York City to become a standup comedian. Ronon moves across the hall from him and makes his living coming up with wacky ideas. Teyla becomes the personal assistant to an elderly businessman, but is soon fired because when she is sent on an errand to procure socks she gets confused (not knowing what socks are), and after getting yelled at tries to smother her employer with a pillow. Shep dates Teyla briefly, but then they decide to just be friends. McKay moves in with an elderly Italian couple and gets a job as the traveling manager for the New York Yankees. McKay and Sam get engaged, but she dies because McKay cheaps out and buys budget envelopes for their wedding invitations, and the glue turns out to be toxic.

Koyla moves into the other side of Sheppard & Ronon's building, puts on some weight, and becomes a US Postal worker. While Koyla no longer tries to kill Shepp, he does scheme to make his life unpleasant.

At some point Shepp & Rodney write a TV pilot about their lives. It gets picked up, and when the whole gang gets on a plane heading for Los Angeles, Ronon gets drunk, damages the plane, so they have to land to make repairs. When they head to lunch while in a one-horse-town they observe a robbery in progress. Ronon jumps in and snaps the mugger's neck. The gang is put on trial for manslaughter, and their entire rogues gallery comes to testify against them. They're all sentenced to prison, and the movie ends.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Hm...now why does that sound familiar?
                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Personally, I'll just enjoy the show for now. I'll start thinking about movies when the show is over.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Something Along the lines of TLC, I guess. Where the Wraith find their way to Earth with more efficient but still slow hyper drives. Meanwhile the team races to find ZPM's to power the star drive to make it back to Earth. The entire Wraith Fleet arrives at Earth with only Oddesy, Daedulus, Apollo, and one or two other ships that may have been created by now to fight them off. Even with the ancient weapons platform, Asgard upgrades on the ships, possible help from the FJN (interesting twist to see Ha'atacks arriving to defend Earth instead of attacking. Also nice chance for a Teal'c/Bra'tac cameo.), the defense force is overwhelmed. Back in PG Sheppard's team finds a cache of ZPM's and find several full ones. McKay rigs the City's power systems to be powered by four or five ZPM's to increase the hyperdrive speed and Atlantis in its full glory arrives at Earth to vanquesh the Wraith fleet. After this the only wraith left are Micheal and a couple of Hives that did not particpate in the attack on Earth. (You may ask why didn't the Ancients use Atlantis to desroy the Wraith fleet durring the Seige? Well, they didn't have them all in one place, and they also didn't have other ships backing them up since most of their fleet was destroyed before the Wraith got to Atlantis, also they did not have a second drone platform, and Atlantis wasn't operating on four or five ZPM's)

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
                      I don't think Rainbow is anywhere near a good enough actor to be lead actor in a movie, not to mention his character, would it hold the attention of an audience for 2 hours? I'm not so sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                        Something Along the lines of TLC(...)five ZPM's)
                        How many Hives are we talking? Anything less than a dozen, and the collective forces of Earth would tear them down, taking on minimal causalities. 2 dozen would still be beatable by Earth and her allies. Hundreds couldn't even be taken down all the collective might of the Milky Way (sans-the Nox), even with the aid of unlimited ZPMs on Atlantis.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

well how the wraith came to be

and mentions of other things like "why did we leave that ancient chick back on earth" or the sister city ship and then the craetion of the asurans......
                          sigpic

Comment

Somehow they go back in time and have to help the ancients in the war with the wraith

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                              Hm...now why does that sound familiar?
                              I could go for nine seasons of "Sheppard".

Comment

Working...
                              X