PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Atlantis Movies

Liam Kincaid
September 1st, 2007, 03:26 PM
How about a movie about Lt. Ford?

PG15
September 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't be that interested (I would watch it though). I never liked Ford to be honest. Sorry.

As for a movie, well, I wouldn't mind seeing the last days of the First Siege of Atlantis, but on a galaxy-wide scale instead of the small bits we saw in "Before I Sleep".

Liam Kincaid
September 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM
I wouldn't be that interested (I would watch it though). I never liked Ford to be honest. Sorry.

As for a movie, well, I wouldn't mind seeing the last days of the First Siege of Atlantis, but on a galaxy-wide scale instead of the small bits we saw in "Before I Sleep".
That would also be a very good idea for an Atlantis movie. Hopefully there will be many.

MartianManhunter
September 1st, 2007, 05:01 PM
If they were to make an Atlantis movie the only way i would watch it is if it was a prequel that dealt with the war between the ancients and the wraith.

Xicer
September 1st, 2007, 05:05 PM
Aside some kind of movie about the Ancients, it's hard to start thinkning of ideas considering the fact that we have yet to see S4.

Daniel Jackson
September 1st, 2007, 06:29 PM
While I like Lt. Ford and would like to see him return for a few episodes, the character just isn't interesting enough to carry a movie.

Ripple in Space
September 1st, 2007, 06:51 PM
The Atlantis Expedition is temporarily shutdown.

Sheppard moves to New York City to become a standup comedian. Ronon moves across the hall from him and makes his living coming up with wacky ideas. Teyla becomes the personal assistant to an elderly businessman, but is soon fired because when she is sent on an errand to procure socks she gets confused (not knowing what socks are), and after getting yelled at tries to smother her employer with a pillow. Shep dates Teyla briefly, but then they decide to just be friends. McKay moves in with an elderly Italian couple and gets a job as the traveling manager for the New York Yankees. McKay and Sam get engaged, but she dies because McKay cheaps out and buys budget envelopes for their wedding invitations, and the glue turns out to be toxic.

Koyla moves into the other side of Sheppard & Ronon's building, puts on some weight, and becomes a US Postal worker. While Koyla no longer tries to kill Shepp, he does scheme to make his life unpleasant.

At some point Shepp & Rodney write a TV pilot about their lives. It gets picked up, and when the whole gang gets on a plane heading for Los Angeles, Ronon gets drunk, damages the plane, so they have to land to make repairs. When they head to lunch while in a one-horse-town they observe a robbery in progress. Ronon jumps in and snaps the mugger's neck. The gang is put on trial for manslaughter, and their entire rogues gallery comes to testify against them. They're all sentenced to prison, and the movie ends.

Xicer
September 1st, 2007, 06:59 PM
Hm...now why does that sound familiar? ;)

the fifth man
September 1st, 2007, 07:31 PM
Personally, I'll just enjoy the show for now. I'll start thinking about movies when the show is over.

Major_Griff
September 1st, 2007, 11:38 PM
Something Along the lines of TLC, I guess. Where the Wraith find their way to Earth with more efficient but still slow hyper drives. Meanwhile the team races to find ZPM's to power the star drive to make it back to Earth. The entire Wraith Fleet arrives at Earth with only Oddesy, Daedulus, Apollo, and one or two other ships that may have been created by now to fight them off. Even with the ancient weapons platform, Asgard upgrades on the ships, possible help from the FJN (interesting twist to see Ha'atacks arriving to defend Earth instead of attacking. Also nice chance for a Teal'c/Bra'tac cameo.), the defense force is overwhelmed. Back in PG Sheppard's team finds a cache of ZPM's and find several full ones. McKay rigs the City's power systems to be powered by four or five ZPM's to increase the hyperdrive speed and Atlantis in its full glory arrives at Earth to vanquesh the Wraith fleet. After this the only wraith left are Micheal and a couple of Hives that did not particpate in the attack on Earth. (You may ask why didn't the Ancients use Atlantis to desroy the Wraith fleet durring the Seige? Well, they didn't have them all in one place, and they also didn't have other ships backing them up since most of their fleet was destroyed before the Wraith got to Atlantis, also they did not have a second drone platform, and Atlantis wasn't operating on four or five ZPM's)

jenks
September 2nd, 2007, 05:32 AM

I don't think Rainbow is anywhere near a good enough actor to be lead actor in a movie, not to mention his character, would it hold the attention of an audience for 2 hours? I'm not so sure...

Ripple in Space
September 2nd, 2007, 08:11 AM
Something Along the lines of TLC(...)five ZPM's)

How many Hives are we talking? Anything less than a dozen, and the collective forces of Earth would tear them down, taking on minimal causalities. 2 dozen would still be beatable by Earth and her allies. Hundreds couldn't even be taken down all the collective might of the Milky Way (sans-the Nox), even with the aid of unlimited ZPMs on Atlantis.

wise one
September 2nd, 2007, 08:31 AM
well how the wraith came to be

and mentions of other things like "why did we leave that ancient chick back on earth" or the sister city ship and then the craetion of the asurans......

Captain Chaap
September 2nd, 2007, 08:37 AM
Somehow they go back in time and have to help the ancients in the war with the wraith

ussrelativity
September 2nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Hm...now why does that sound familiar? ;)

I could go for nine seasons of "Sheppard". :D

Platschu
September 2nd, 2007, 09:50 AM
I would like to hear a story about an Ancient team, who became the victims of the Iratus bugs. I think it can be a good idea, why are every Queen so similar. Maybe there were 4 Ancient in a puddler jumper : one woman and three man. And later they become the four Wraith class. They should make a great Iratus-human evolution storyline like Starship troopers. ;)

I like the Atlantis-Wraith war idea too. They should speak about Merlin, Janus, the Asurans, Fifth, Asgard, the Orion, the Tria, the Aurora, the Wraith Queen in the ocean and the Wraith in the desert etc. :D

I can imagine a big SG-1-Atlantis cross-over episode too, where enemies and allies of two galaxies meet each other. :)

Captain Chaap
September 2nd, 2007, 09:57 AM
Maybe something on the four great races also... we could see a meeting like in the past or something... the Atlantis Database has to have some on record...

Wraith_Boy
September 2nd, 2007, 11:25 AM
Unfortunately Atlantis is very limited in what it can do because of the way they have shown what the Wraith did & were still doing up until recently.

Killing off worlds, destroying any races that could be a threat to them. This is why most are all primitive. I think it was JM, BW or RCC who gave an interview on it when talking about 'Travelers'. Thye said it was difficult to put in an advanced race given what the Wraith would do the moment they found out about them. So to get around it, they had them live on ships. In which they were always on the move. Meaning less risk in being caught.

So you can really only do a movie about killing off the Wraith &/or Asurans. A prequel about the Lanteans during their war with the Wraith. However since it lasted 100 years, I'm really not sure how they could put the proper parts in. They'd probably be forced to do it on a single large event. Say when the first encountered the Wraith for the very first time. Maybe when they sent all their fleet to try & negotiate with the Wraith. Even when they made the Asurans. The experiment went wrong, the nanites started killing people off, so the Lanteans were forced to divert ships from fighting the Wraith to tackle the Asurans. Showing how they finally lost the war because of this. They created the Asurans to wipe the Wraith out, yet it ended up costing them the war with the Wraith in the end.

What I'd do if I were in charge would be this: Right at the end, have them fire up Atlantis, the plan is to take it back to Earth & abandon Pegasus completely. They are in HS when Asurans show up & they begin firing on them. Atlantis gets weakend, but they eventually manage to destroy the Asuran warship. Something happens & there is a huge blinding explosion. Suddenly the city goes dead & drops out of HS. They now find themselves in this brand new galaxy, across the other side of the universe. Which not even a ZPM is powerful enough to let them gate home again. They are stuck in this badass galaxy full of the most dangerous advanced aliens ever seen. Now they have a blank canvas to do a whole bunch of movies on & keep the fans going.

wise one
September 2nd, 2007, 02:05 PM
there is only so much atlantis can go on

such as the wraith war, how the wraith came to be, asurans creations,et.c

other than thats then u would need like a story about how the genii are so ruthless or something

garhkal
September 2nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
How many Hives are we talking? Anything less than a dozen, and the collective forces of Earth would tear them down, taking on minimal causalities. 2 dozen would still be beatable by Earth and her allies. Hundreds couldn't even be taken down all the collective might of the Milky Way (sans-the Nox), even with the aid of unlimited ZPMs on Atlantis.

How do you figure that? With the Orion and Dadelus we barely managed to take on 2 in No Mans Land. And while i can see the chair platform accounting for a couple before they run out of drones, i don't see all the others accounting for 9 or more on their own.

PG15
September 2nd, 2007, 06:09 PM
Unending spoilers (you know the ones):

Surely the Asgard upgrade on Earth ships will help?

the fifth man
September 2nd, 2007, 06:14 PM

One would surely like to think so.

Ripple in Space
September 2nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
How do you figure that? With the Orion and Dadelus we barely managed to take on 2 in No Mans Land. And while i can see the chair platform accounting for a couple before they run out of drones, i don't see all the others accounting for 9 or more on their own.

Hey Garhkal, haven't seen you in a while. Well PG15 explained a bit of it...

Also it was either implied or stated that the Antarctic Platform in our reality has been replenished with drones, after the recovery of that armory.

If we're talking say 12 hiveships....

The Ancient Platform could take out at least 6-8 hives, assuming that one of the BC-304s is defending it. The Odyssey is equipped with railguns which have been proven to shred darts, and its "upgrades" are more than enough to take down a couple of hives at a time. Earth surely has fleets of 302s which are clearly more than a match for darts, and while still probably outnumbered 304s can fairly easily take down dozens of darts within minutes.

The US, Russia, and China all have plenty of nukes. Unleashing the collective Tau'ri forces on a Wraith fleet of a dozen would take them down pretty fast.

If we're talking 24 hives...

Well Teal'c & Bra'tac would bring in a couple dozen Ha'taks in the interest of eliminating the Wraith threat from the Milky Way. Darts would be a heck of a lot less effective at intercepting those kilaton-gigaton plasma blasts that Ha'taks fire (as apposed to intercepting our missiles). With Teal'c & Bra'tac coordinating the attack, and systematically focusing fire at one Hive at a time, and Earth unleashing waves of drones from the surface, Mk. 1-4 nukes from surface platforms, and beam cannon & railgun fire from the Odyssey, with the Apollo blanketing the hives with nukes & bullets, and Daedalus defending the Ancient Platform the Wraith will be getting attacked from every side.

Steven_the_Atlantean
September 4th, 2007, 04:06 AM
Id love to see the Ancients in battle!!! so the Origin Of Atlantis

g.o.d
September 4th, 2007, 04:10 AM
I want to see movie only about the Ancients. Their arrival to the PG, origin of the Wraith, space battles between lantean and wraith fleets, siege of Atlantis and Ancient's arrival back to the MW

wise one
September 4th, 2007, 07:07 AM
the wraith and all its glory

*whoo hoo 1,700 post*

SGFerrit
September 4th, 2007, 07:35 AM
I would like to see a film where Shep/Mckay/Teyla/Carter/Ronan are all sent back in time to the beginning of the Wraith war, and have the means to stop it happening. They have the huge moral choice of wether or not to brwak one of the biggest rules of the galaxy and change the future of the galaxy in a huge way in order to save millions, possibly billions of lives from being culled by the Wraith.

Or this sounds great too...

Well Teal'c & Bra'tac would bring in a couple dozen Ha'taks in the interest of eliminating the Wraith threat from the Milky Way. Darts would be a heck of a lot less effective at intercepting those kilaton-gigaton plasma blasts that Ha'taks fire (as apposed to intercepting our missiles). With Teal'c & Bra'tac coordinating the attack, and systematically focusing fire at one Hive at a time, and Earth unleashing waves of drones from the surface, Mk. 1-4 nukes from surface platforms, and beam cannon & railgun fire from the Odyssey, with the Apollo blanketing the hives with nukes & bullets, and Daedalus defending the Ancient Platform the Wraith will be getting attacked from every side.

:D

IcyNeko
September 4th, 2007, 09:49 AM
No more time travelling. God, it makes the worst Scifi plots.

Jimbo-DR
September 4th, 2007, 10:21 AM
No more time travelling. God, it makes the worst Scifi plots.

/Agree. Every time travel episode or movie ever involved the heroes going back, changing something, then fixing it and we end up right at the beginning of the movie again and nothing has changed. Gay gay gay.

s09119
September 4th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I think you're all getting a little too high on the Asgard upgrades, to be honest. We know Lantean tech is, for the most part, superior to Asgard tech.

Now, a fleet of Lantean warships should surely > a fleet of Earth ships with a few pieces of Asgard tech.

So if the Lantean fleet couldn't beat the neverending Wraith fleets, what makes you think 3 Earth ships can?

IcyNeko
September 4th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Because we have something the lantiens didn't have.

... lead actors.

Ripple in Space
September 4th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I think you're all getting a little too high on the Asgard upgrades, to be honest. We know Lantean tech is, for the most part, superior to Asgard tech.

Now, a fleet of Lantean warships should surely > a fleet of Earth ships with a few pieces of Asgard tech.

So if the Lantean fleet couldn't beat the neverending Wraith fleets, what makes you think 3 Earth ships can?

You're not referring to my post are you?

akren
September 4th, 2007, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't midn seeing either 'prequel' about the First Seige of Altantis & the whole Ancient/Wraith war, or, alternatively, if & when SGA gets cancelled/comes to an end (like all good things eventually must :P); I would like to see Altantis get it's three ZPM's, wrap up the Asuran/Wraith storyline & travel to Earth (maybe a fade-out pic of Atnaltis in space above Earth @ the end of the movie, triumphant & safe & sound, with hope for the future).

A cross over movie or more cross-over episodes wouldn't hurt either. :D

Ripple in Space
September 4th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I wouldn't midn seeing either 'prequel' about the First Seige of Altantis & the whole Ancient/Wraith war, or, alternatively, if & when SGA gets cancelled/comes to an end (like all good things eventually must :P); I would like to see Altantis get it's three ZPM's, wrap up the Asuran/Wraith storyline & travel to Earth (maybe a fade-out pic of Atnaltis in space above Earth @ the end of the movie, triumphant & safe & sound, with hope for the future).

A cross over movie or more cross-over episodes wouldn't hurt either. :D

Personally I think Abydos would be the ideal place to bring Atlanits. Abydos must have an ocean, because according to Carter, the gate network was primarily established on "carbon copies of Earth ('s environment/ecosystem/biosphere)." Assuming all Wraith, Goa'uld, Ori, and Asuran threats are eliminated and at least 3 ZPMs are possessed by the Tau'ri, Abydos is perfect.

It's extremely close to Earth, but far enough away that when McKay makes another "blow up the solar system mistake," Earth won't be lost. And if trouble is on its way, it's minutes away from defending Earth. It's also completely uninhabited, not even possessing a Stargate.

garhkal
September 4th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Also it was either implied or stated that the Antarctic Platform in our reality has been replenished with drones, after the recovery of that armory.

What armory??

If we're talking say 12 hiveships....

The Ancient Platform could take out at least 6-8 hives, assuming that one of the BC-304s is defending it. The Odyssey is equipped with railguns which have been proven to shred darts, and its "upgrades" are more than enough to take down a couple of hives at a time. Earth surely has fleets of 302s which are clearly more than a match for darts, and while still probably outnumbered 304s can fairly easily take down dozens of darts within minutes.

The US, Russia, and China all have plenty of nukes. Unleashing the collective Tau'ri forces on a Wraith fleet of a dozen would take them down pretty fast.

Problem there is each 304 only carries 4 missiles. And they lack shields, just like the darts do. Also we have seen in several incounters that the darts will intercept any missiles fired their way, so no getting nukes to the hives.

Steve_the_Wraith
September 4th, 2007, 03:42 PM
My movie pitch:

The Asurans are on their way to Earth. They have the ultimate weapon. We gave it to them...

Previously on Atlantis the Asurans kidnap McKay and the team in attempt to do something nasty, however they escape, etc..
However in the final scene we see the Asurans talking about some new weapon they had never thought of before, and that it's all thanks to McKay

Our Heroes learn that the Asurans (or atleast Oberoth's faction) are launching a fleet for an attack on earth, the Apollo and the Daedalus backed up by a now fully functional Atlantis plan to intercept them. All goes according to plan until they engage the fleet. Shepperd's team lead a strike against the HUGE Asuran flagship in an attempt to deactivate it's shields. Once there they find out the horrible truth, the new weapon the Asurans have is Arcturus!
Using Rodney's stolen memories, they have reconstructed the weapon that destroyed 5/6 of the Doranda system but how with their modifications are able to control where the unstable particles form, effectively giving them a weapon that can tear chunks out of normal space-time.

Needless to say, Shep's team escape (or are allowed to escape by Oberoth so they can suffer in the knowledge that there is nothing that they can do {yes he is that arrogant}). The Asuran's unleash the Arcturus weapon, destroying the Apollo and crippling the Daedalus, Atlantis is badly damaged but manages to make a hyperspace window. The Asurans jump to hyperspace, heading for earth, they will get their in 14 days....

Now the story splits in 3,

Shepperd is dispatched back to Earth to prepare defenses, while there he locks horns with a few old characters and generally tries to convince them to follow his risky plan of defense

Carter is told to do everything in her power to get Atlantis back in the fight, with Teyla's help she might just be able to convince the only people with the resources to help them, the Wraith.

Meanwhile Rodney falls into depression, while searching the Atlantian database he comes upon information that refers to Noah's Ark, something incredibly powerful that the Atlantians brought with them to Pegasus. Carter is unconvinced and believes McKay is beginning to crack. Unable to convince anyone that he has found the way to save them all, he plans on busting out of Atlantis, Hijacking a jumper and going in search of the "Ark". He finds an unlikely ally in Ronan (who believes that there is no way to stop Rodney trying and with Sheppard not around it's his responsibility to keep Rodney alive), they stage a power overload in the gate room, steal jumper and go "treasure hunting"

Needless to say all the storylines come together in the end when Rodney and Ronan find out the truth about the Ark, Teyla and Carter get what they need but at a price, Shepperd's plan goes off with a hitch and someone makes the ultimate sacrifice to stop the Asurans

phoenixatlantios
September 5th, 2007, 06:36 AM
the new weapon the Asurans have is Arcturus!
I'm really intrigued by the possibility of replicators, they seem to have limitless potential for technological advancement while never achieving their intended goal; human emulation in the case of the Milky Way replicators, or wraith destruction in the case of the Pegasus ones. It's always interesting to see them perform the impossible but still remain completely vulnerable because they're unable to think of everything :)

Regarding the quote, I have to admit I'd dismissed Arcturus' potential as a weapon when the particle issue presented the possibility of ending the multiverse, but the idea that the replicators could achieve weaponisation of the physics-defying particles created when extracting energy from our own space time is pretty neat. The only major drawback I can see in your early plot is that the replicators would need to be completely eliminated at the conclusion of the movie, as they share knowledge across vast distances it'd be quite difficult to prevent the information about how to construct the weapon from spreading to all of them. And of course, as you know, the moment something gains the ability to obliterate anything it encounters, including the multiverse, they need to be thoroughly dealt with. It'd be unfortunate if the Atlantis foes were reduced, as they currently don't seem to have enough.

...Noah's Ark...

This is no doubt a reference to the fact that the Alterans created The Ark of Truth also, but I assume you're referring to a small device in this instance? I think the name and origins could be problematic, directly referencing Christianity as being a fable doesn't usually go down well, regardless of the fact that it's fiction :) It'd certainly be interesting to see a more fleshed out idea for a movie, even though there's essentially no chance of it ever being created it'd still be interesting to read if you decide to do it.

To contribute an idea:

I've found myself fascinated by the idea of the Asurans launching an assault on the Ascended. We know that the Ascended can be destroyed by rather advanced weaponry, and the Asurans do have that revenge thing. Would it be too much of a stretch for the Asurans to begin to drain the ascended plane of energy to power their own cities, etc, with the goal of wiping out the Alteran remnants?

Assuming that the Asurans are be capable of this (borrowing from Steve's idea, they may have learned of the existence of the Sangraal from Rodney during their previous adventures and extrapolated from there) it opens up the possibility of several of the Ascended descending to avoid the destruction of their plane and eventually lead to them using technology available on Atlantis or perhaps an Atlantean outpost that the team was exploring to fight their oppressors.

Naturally the descended would be very pressed for time (stopping the others from being harmed) so the Atlantis expedition would be invaluable assistance, which would give the team some time to live with several of the descended for a short period of time. That alone could make for some very engaging interactions, particularly since they may also possess the mind reading capabilities exhibited in one of the season 3 episodes meaning they couldn't hide anything from one another.

Again, that idea would eventually lead to the end of the Asurans as we know them, unless the ones assaulting the Ascended were part of a splinter group that separated themselves from the main Asurans to focus on their revenge, after becoming frustrated with Oboroth's focus on the humans. That is if they are focusing on the humans, it's remotely possible that what was seen recently was actually intended for the Wraith, the replicators don't tend to explain their actions with great clarity.

Steve_the_Wraith
September 5th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Actually I was thinking alittle more literally about Noah's Ark (The Ark of Truth connection didn't occur to me). I was thinking of Noahs Ark as something the Ancients used not just to spread life like the Dakara device but to litterally transform a barren galaxy into one supporting human life.

Ripple in Space
September 5th, 2007, 12:07 PM
What armory??
I'm sorry, I should've put spoiler tags, watch "The Tower."

Problem there is each 304 only carries 4 missiles. And they lack shields, just like the darts do. Also we have seen in several incounters that the darts will intercept any missiles fired their way, so no getting nukes to the hives.
304s do have shields, and dozens of missiles. Darts can intercept nukes, but with the entire Tau'ri cache being fired at the Wraith many are going to cause them some collateral damage. I'd count on Ancient Drones, Asgard Beam Cannons, and Jaffa Plasma blasts to do the most damage to the Hives though, and Darts would have a hard time intercepting those.

Like I said, if we're talking hundreds of Hives, all of the MW couldn't stop them (if we don't include the potential Nox fleet). But if we're talking a dozen or two, Earth + The Jaffa would take them down.

As tptb said, the Wraith are poor strategists. They'd just do an all out assault on Earth, which wouldn't cut it if they are going up against the most advanced enemies they've faced in centuries. Drones decimate Hives, and with Earth's hundreds to thousand of nuclear ordinance they're not going to be intercepting every missile. While they outclass Ha'taks, a fleet of them with the 2 greatest Jaffa strategists commanding them are going to cause major damage to the Wraith fleet. And in the course of a battle that will be over within under an hour, they're never going to be able to lower Odyssey's shields, while she's cutting through their flagships.

s09119
September 5th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Okay, my idea:

Their Enemy Is Ours Now

On the edge of the galaxy, a puddle jumper approaches a fleet of Wraith hive ships and cruisers, completely encircled by darts. But, oddly, the alien ships part to let the small transport land in the hanger of the largest hive ship.

Out of the jumper comes Dr. Elizabeth Weir, Col. Samantha Carter, and Lt. Col. John Sheppard. They are immediately flanked by two Wraith soldiers, who escort them to the Queen's chamber. Many Wraith warriors look on, but none have fired. Also, the Atlanteans have been allowed to keep their weaponry.

When they begin their talk with the Queen, it's revealed that the humans are actually here to solidify an alliance with this sect of Wraith. They have seen the great power of the Tau'ri fleet during a recent skirmish involving three hive ships and the combined power of the Daedalus and Apollo, and have decided to join the Atlanteans in attacking the more vicious of the Wraith factions.

The movie then shows Carter and Weir attempting to plan out an assault on a Wraith stronghold, the planet Csarn, located near the center of the galaxy. It is heavily defended by the latest ships and weaponry, but the Queen is confident that the Allied forces can take the planet. Sheppard agrees, and says that they will be able to attack as soon as the Daedalus returns from Earth.

So the team returns to Atlantis (still hiding from the Wraith), and discusses this turn of events. Carter, confident that their new allies are unaware of the location of the city, demands to know how we can trust this sect. Teyla explains that the Wraith are largely clan-based, and are not a united race. They would turn on each other if they knew they could gain a sufficient advantage... and that advantage is Earth.

After a lot of talk, McKay assures Carter that, as long as Atlantis stays hidden, they have nothing to fear from any Wraith. So they agree to launch the attack as soon as Col. Caldwell returns.

Meanwhile, in the Milky Way, the Daedalus is held up on its return trip to Pegasus. Apparently, a vessel resembling a Wraith cruiser was spotted on the cusp of the galaxy by a Jaffa patrol. The SGC asks Caldwell to investigate, and he heads off.

While he does that, the team's new allies begin to grow impatient. The Wraith they wish to attack are mounting their forces for an assault on the more powerful human worlds, and they tell Carter that they must strike soon, or not at all. Reluctant, but knowing they have little choice, Sheppard and McKay depart on the Apollo to meet up with the Allied forces near Manaria.

The lead Queens are debating on how best to proceed when four hive ships drop out of hyperspace nearby, firing on the fleet. A few Allied ships are destroyed by conbined enemy fire, but the attack is repelled. Apparently, the enemy knows that the attack is coming.

Light-years away, the Daedalus finally tracks down the rogue Wraith cruiser, which is attacking a rather primitive human world on the edge of the Jaffa Nation. Caldwell engages the vessel, but it manages to get into hyperspace. It's bearing seems to be back into Pegasus, so he orders his ship back to Earth to report.

Over Manaria, the Allied fleet finally decides that must strike now, and jump into position... But, amazingly, the enemy fleet is gone, and Csarn has been evacuated. But McKay manages to get a lock on one of the enemy vessels that has just fled. They've headed away--

--towards Earth.

[Okay, you get the idea lol. The Allied ships will find a way to chase the other Wraith (who we learn have upgraded hyperdrives) to the Milky Way, where they'll be a big clash between them. In the end, we'll win a narrow victory, at the cost of the Wraith all knowing where Earth is. But our allies assure us they won't let the others reach it, and head back to Pegasus to protect their new--and apparently lasting--allies.]

garhkal
September 5th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I'm sorry, I should've put spoiler tags, watch "The Tower."

That only restocked atlantis, not earth..

304s do have shields, and dozens of missiles.

Ah.. i was thinking of 302s..

Drones decimate Hives, and with Earth's hundreds to thousand of nuclear ordinance they're not going to be intercepting every missile. While they outclass Ha'taks, a fleet of them with the 2 greatest Jaffa strategists commanding them are going to cause major damage to the Wraith fleet. And in the course of a battle that will be over within under an hour, they're never going to be able to lower Odyssey's shields, while she's cutting through their flagships.

That depends on where they start their attack. if outward from our planet, then i don't forsee our nukes or drones from the outpost coming into play. If in orbit, then heck yea they will.

SGA fan
September 5th, 2007, 04:02 PM
there actually show the city and the un used potential of the Pegasus galaxy. we've been the peggy for 3 years and there have barely explored it

wise one
September 6th, 2007, 03:17 AM
there are like a few wraith hives out there in the galaxy and maybe a few cruisers, what we need to do is plan a attack where every wraith ships is in one spot and BAM! hit them with like a naq trapped zpm that detonates after the its beamed and we been hyperspaced

Promethius30
September 6th, 2007, 06:50 AM

I would love to see that it could be a stand only movie while stargate Atlantis is still going and Brad wright would mind doing a movie in the cinema this would work as you dont need much back story to it

Mitchon
September 6th, 2007, 11:20 AM
How about an untold tale from season 3, a Ori battlecruiser enters the Pegasus galaxy following the Daedalus and stops at the Genii homeworld, the prior attempts to bring origin, as a goodwill gesture, he sends the battlecruiser to a Wraith stronghold and stays to heal the sick, the Genii leaders flee through the stargate and get word to the SGC, they call in cameron Mitchel who works with the team.
The Daedalus visits the Genii homeworld and drops off some of the SGA there to deal with the prior and then follows the battlecruiser to the Wraith base, they find the battlecruiser has destroyed the local hive ships and it has crashed but remains intact, they detect lifesigns aboard and find the survivors are nothing more then the civilians who are fighting a losing battle against the Wraith survivors. The Daedalus sends a recon team over to assist and to capture the cruiser.
They soon learn a goauld is aboard, its none other then Zipanca who was a prisoner due to be executed, he leaves his dying human host and takes a Wraith (who came for a snack) as a host, he kills the Queen and takes command of the Wraith.
Could be a blast.

Or a romp where the SGA send a expedition through the gate to the dinosaur planet mentioned in 'The siege' to search for a second atlantean city only to find it a dead end and running into a hostile primative tribe of humanoid dinosaurs as well as carnivores.

wise one
September 6th, 2007, 02:07 PM
i think one ori ship is enough to deal with all the hive and cruisers in the galaxy, one blast of a ori beams would slice through a hive ship.....

15 hive ships drop out of hyperspace and wait in orbit above atlantis, while atlantis managing to get their cloak on wonders why they havent attacked or send any massages, so they take a jumper with a sg team and the usaully cast to go into the hive unders a cloaked jumper, but once they have landed they scan for lifesigns and their is nothing, so they explore the hive to find no one there, not a wraith in site,

mckay finding it odd decides to go to the bridge and take the ship, after a few weeks, they modify all the hives to go intergalactic and take them to the milkyway for reasearch, when in the milkyway but still in hyperspace, some teams or suddenly found dead, yet nothing shows on sensors, mckay and shep hear people screaming yet when they get there, no one is there but dead scientists......

soon after they find out that the wraith have learnt to use dimesion technology and was able to phrase themselves into another dimension, soon it is realised that their goal was earth and later a whole wraith army rephrase 20 to 1 against the humans and the screaming was just some wraith rephrasing to feed and then rephrase back......

their goal was earth all along and then exit hyperspace, all 15 hives ready for a systemactic attack on earth for their new feeding ground.....

ok went on for abit but it does sound good?????? i was gonna put ghosts or a clever energy being that feeds on human life and then learnt of atlantis through a marine on a mission and it could take the memory aswell and discovered earth and how populated it was and used a enemy to lure it to the milkyway....????

so what do think???

garhkal
September 6th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Don't you mean Phase, not Phrase

Atlantis1
September 6th, 2007, 04:00 PM
I don't really want them to make any movies of SGA. I LOVE the series but that is the only way I want to see it.

Ripple in Space
September 6th, 2007, 10:12 PM
i think one ori ship is enough to deal with all the hive and cruisers in the galaxy, one blast of a ori beams would slice through a hive ship.....

It may seem that way, but Auroras outclass Ori Cruisers in every way imaginable, and even fleets of Auroras couldn't exterminate the Wraith.

wise one
September 7th, 2007, 12:44 PM
It may seem that way, but Auroras outclass Ori Cruisers in every way imaginable, and even fleets of Auroras couldn't exterminate the Wraith.

im not saying all the hives at once, just going wraith hunting and destroying any ship they come across, that would rid most wraith in the galaxy.

im saying as the way they are now, not at the war with the wraith, now there are like less than 50+ hives in the galaxy(maybe) if a ori ship came to the pegasus galaxy im sure it could do the job of exterminating hives easily

s09119
September 8th, 2007, 06:27 PM

No... just no.

We have NO proof of that AT ALL. Nor do we have proof that Ori Battlecruisers outclass Auroras.

Therefore, you cannot say that for sure EITHER WAY, you can only speculate.

s09119
September 8th, 2007, 06:28 PM
im not saying all the hives at once, just going wraith hunting and destroying any ship they come across, that would rid most wraith in the galaxy.

im saying as the way they are now, not at the war with the wraith, now there are like less than 50+ hives in the galaxy(maybe) if a ori ship came to the pegasus galaxy im sure it could do the job of exterminating hives easily

In Rising, there were 60 in Lantea's quadrant of Pegasus. Since then, we've taken out around a dozen, but the other sections of Pegasus probably have loads as well. There's a good chance that there are hundreds of hive ships and cruisers at the Wraith's disposal.

jenks
September 9th, 2007, 04:01 AM
In Rising, there were 60 in Lantea's quadrant of Pegasus. Since then, we've taken out around a dozen, but the other sections of Pegasus probably have loads as well. There's a good chance that there are hundreds of hive ships and cruisers at the Wraith's disposal.

It was in 'Underground' and it was 21 in their quadrant of the galaxy, although they did estimated that there were 60 in the Pegasus galaxy overall.

s09119
September 9th, 2007, 07:19 AM
It was in 'Underground' and it was 21 in their quadrant of the galaxy, although they did estimated that there were 60 in the Pegasus galaxy overall.

Ugh, I always say Rising there lol... The stupid holomap with all the ships around Lantea makes me think of it...

Anywho, you're right, it was in Underground. But are you sure it was only 21? I could've sworn it was 60 in our quadrant, more in the whole galaxy.

EDIT: Nevermind, just checked. You're right, it's 21 in the quadrant, perhaps sixty or more elsewhere.

Wow, I can't believe that lol. I watched Underground a few weeks ago, too...

ToasterOnFire
September 9th, 2007, 08:12 AM
While the idea of a "prequel" Ancient-Wraith war movie could be good, I have to admit that I would only really be interested in an Atlantis movie that had the Atlantis cast. And the plot of having them time travel back to the war has been done to death in SF.

Still, a present day grand-scale revelation or war involving or against the Ancients could be cool. There's still a lot that isn't known about them and it might work well if all the mysteries could be tied together somehow.

wise one
September 13th, 2007, 02:03 AM

15 hive ships drop out of hyperspace and wait in orbit above atlantis, while atlantis managing to get their cloak on wonders why they havent attacked or send any massages, so they take a jumper with a sg team and the usaully cast to go into the hive unders a cloaked jumper, but once they have landed they scan for lifesigns and their is nothing, so they explore the hive to find no one there, not a wraith in site,

mckay finding it odd decides to go to the bridge and take the ship, after a few weeks, they modify all the hives to go intergalactic and take them to the milkyway for reasearch, when in the milkyway but still in hyperspace, some teams or suddenly found dead, yet nothing shows on sensors, mckay and shep hear people screaming yet when they get there, no one is there but dead scientists......

soon after they find out that the wraith have learnt to use dimesion technology and was able to phrase themselves into another dimension, soon it is realised that their goal was earth and later a whole wraith army rephrase 20 to 1 against the humans and the screaming was just some wraith rephrasing to feed and then rephrase back......

their goal was earth all along and then exit hyperspace, all 15 hives ready for a systemactic attack on earth for their new feeding ground.....

ok went on for abit but it does sound good?????? i was gonna put ghosts or a clever energy being that feeds on human life and then learnt of atlantis through a marine on a mission and it could take the memory aswell and discovered earth and how populated it was and used a enemy to lure it to the milkyway....????

so what do think???

i still liked my one doesnt involve time travel which doenst complicate things on how they are gonna get back

Ehecatl
September 13th, 2007, 06:43 PM
How about one about the Ancients legacy in Pegasus?

What about another movie about the 4 Great Races?

A movie about the first War between the Ancients and Wraith.

Kick-Kinsey
September 22nd, 2007, 11:14 AM

great idea, but I think the movie would need more than just Ford to keep it interesting

kirmit
September 22nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
I think the best course of action for an Atlantis movie is like many have said to show the 100 year war. Though I wouldn't want that as the only focus of the movie. I'd like it if the team came across the first ever wraith who can retell the whole story of how the wraith came to be, how they created all these powerful ships so quickly and managed to drive the ancients back to the milkway. Basically I'd like it from the wraith's point of view, it's not that often we get the story told from the enemies perspective.

garhkal
September 22nd, 2007, 02:19 PM
That would be great... Especially if it was say they came accross some wraith tech that emulated the hologram teacher in atlantis..

Athosian Death facilitator
September 22nd, 2007, 10:25 PM
I vote we go to an ancient industriliazed shopping centre, and buy a whole lot of ZPM's- we can trade for Naquadria or sowmthing