X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG1 - TV Guide Online: Michael Shanks Visits Eureka

From TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/michael-...gate/070829-02

(please follow the link for the complete article.)

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Michael Shanks Visits Eureka and Returns to the Stargate

by Ileane Rudolph

For those who missed Michael Shanks battling a ginormous man-eating serpent last weekend in MegaSnake, Sci Fi's latest cheese-filled movie, not to worry. The actor who played Stargate SG-1's hunky brainiac Daniel Carter for a decade is now paying a visit to the genius town Eureka on Sept. 25 (Tuesdays at 9 pm/ET, Sci Fi). TVGuide.com caught the Canadian actor at the tail end of his vacation "playing dad” to his three kids, and invited him to share with us tidbits about that gig, the upcoming SG-1 DVD movies, and more.

TVGuide.com: Both you and your wife, SG-1 colleague Lexa Doig, have Eureka gigs. Hers is the week before. How did that come about?

Michael Shanks: She auditioned first. She knew the director from Andromeda — Michael Robison — so it was a bit of a shoo-in for her. She came back from a couple days' work and was raving about the experience and the cast. Then we flew off to Toronto for a vacation and while I was there, they offered me a role for the following episode. It just worked out bang-bang, in that kind of way.

**snippage**

TVGuide.com: Your buddy Christopher Judge is bringing Teal'c to Atlantis this season. Any chance for you?

Shanks: I talked to the producer, Joe Mallozzi, who said they haven't heard about a pickup for a sixth season, but if they do, they're definitely interested in having Daniel visit for a bit. That's exciting for me.

TVGuide.com: What's happening with the Rage of Angels pilot you and Judge were developing?

Shanks: We have a verbal greenlight from MGM, but we're waiting for Brad Turner, who worked with us for years on SG-1, and who's now a supervising producer on 24, to have a window of opportunity to direct. That may not be until next year.

**snippage**

Use our Online Video Guide to cue up lots of Michael Shanks clips.

http://video.tvguide.com/Search/Michael+Shanks

Send your comments on this Q&A to online_insider [at] tvguide.com.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks Morjana! Some very interesting stuff:

1. We can probably expect to see Daniel on Atlantis if Joe and Paul get a season 5!
    2. Yet more confirmation that MGM are gagging to make more SG-1 movies!
    3. Tidbits from AOT and Continuum, including something that I think is new (Continuum spoilers):

Spoiler:
    It's up to Mitchell (Ben Browder), Carter (Amanda Tapping) and Daniel Jackson to try to put the timeline right. But the people existing in that other time don't want to change and won't let us do it.

Cool! Thanks again!

Comment

SG1 - Titan TV: "Eureka" - 'All That Glitters' - 2 part episode:

From Titan TV:

http://titantv.com/

Eureka
      All That Glitters (New) 9:00 PM, 1 hr
      Tue 09/25/2007
      SCI-FI
      Sci-Fi/Drama/Comedy
      TV14, English, Letterbox, 2007

Part 1 of 2. A bronze statue turns gold, heralding a new danger to the town. Meanwhile, Beverly resurfaces after a stay at Guantanamo. Michael Shanks ("Stargate SG-1") guest stars.

Cast & Credits: Colin Ferguson, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Joe Morton, Debrah Farentino, Ed Quinn

<><><><><>

Visit Eureka. net:

http://visiteureka.net/episodes.html?s=02&e=212

This episode could possibly be Part 1 of a 2-parter.

<><><><><>

So...is Michael Shanks going to be in both parts one and two?

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

The actor who played Stargate SG-1's hunky brainiac Daniel Carter
        Wow. I didn't know that Daniel was Sam's long lost brother.
        sigpic
        Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
        X