• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaffa Level Technology

So my question is what level are the Jaffa on tech wise

Can they Build new ships?
    How powerful are the shields? Anubis or regular Goa'uld
    How powerful are the weapons?
    Is the Jaffa tech lower then that of the Goa'uld or do they know how to make the Goa'uld level tech?
    Can the Jaffa make anything of Anubis's or not?

These are a few of the questions I have on the Jaffa tech and if you have anymore ask them here and answer them if you can. Speculation is ok as that is what this is but hard proof is better
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Well we agreed in another thread that the Jaffa must have some knowledge of ship building, but maybe not on Anubis level, say old Gou'ld tech pre Anubis half ascended times. Then with the Taur'i giving them advanced tech from time to time like the Asgard did for the Taur'i I think they will get along just fine.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfax View Post
      Well we agreed in another thread that the Jaffa must have some knowledge of ship building, but maybe not on Anubis level, say old Gou'ld tech pre Anubis half ascended times. Then with the Taur'i giving them advanced tech from time to time like the Asgard did for the Taur'i I think they will get along just fine.
      I don't think the Taur'i will be giving the Jaffa any tech any time soon seeing as how the jaffa aren't really that stable right now

But soon as Teal'c takes over then maybe we will give them better hyerdrives or shields but until then I don't think they would give any tech to them at all because they have numbers but our ships have superior tech so it evens out
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Yes. The facilities to built ships wouldn't have been lost, so they'd still be on former Goa'uld worlds ready to use.

Standard for both. Most ships under the control of the Jaffa or Lucian Alliance would have been recovered from the Replicators or built. Since not all facilities would have the ability to add Anubis' knowledge to increase power and the replicators use their own parts for these enhancements.

Is the Jaffa tech lower then that of the Goa'uld or do they know how to make the Goa'uld level tech?

It would be the same. As said, all facilities to built the technology should still be around under Jaffa (or Lucian) control.

No. Anubis seems to have kept stuff like that secret and translated in Ancient. While Baal had beaming technology, even his ship which could have had these improvments was boarded by the Jaffa. Even then we still don't know if that ship had beaming technology as we've no idea where Baal ended up (perhaps a cloaked ship that had the technology like The Trust's Alkesh).

sigpic

Comment

Can the Jaffa cloak ha'taks like Aphosis or not?

Also why don't some of the ships of the Jaffa have anubis tech? I mean that final battle with Anubis and the reps the Jaffa took over a crap load of anubis ships so why can't they get some of that tech?
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
            I don't think the Taur'i will be giving the Jaffa any tech any time soon seeing as how the jaffa aren't really that stable right now

But soon as Teal'c takes over then maybe we will give them better hyerdrives or shields but until then I don't think they would give any tech to them at all because they have numbers but our ships have superior tech so it evens out
            True enough. Since there is no season 11, it is unknown when Teal'c will be the man amonst the Jaffa. Eventually with us being the fifth race it will be our duty to help those of lower tech though. In the meantime, the Jaffa still have tech of their own they can reverse engineer. It will take them sometime to "gear up" thier facilities, but when they do they should be making at least old guard Goul'd level ships and infrantry tech.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, when it comes to building ships, yes the Jaffa can build new ships because they were the one who built them for the Goa'uld before their downfall. This is seen in "Orpheus" in Season 7, a ha'tak is being built.

Can the Jaffa cloak Ha'taks like Apophis, I would not think so. Because if you watch that episode again, when the all the ha'taks decloak, Jacob said that has never been done before, and Teal'c says a couple times that ha'taks are too big to cloak (Even though Apophis cloaked a whole fleet.) So with that I would not imagine that the Jaffa are that technologically evolved.

When it comes to shields, those have changed over the course of the series, so there is no way to tell how strong the Jaffa could make them. And I would also imagine that there weapons are the same strength level as the Goa'ulds had their weapons at.

I don't think the Jaffa could make anything compared to what Anubis made, because with the Ancient knowledge he used, he went far beyond what regular Goa'ulds knowledge of their tech.

When it comes to the Jaffa, I believe that they only know what the Goa'uld taught them. And that they never made anything that was their "own" tech, they just use what the Goa'uld left around.

: Green is Good.
              sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

There is no proof that Jaffa know how to build ships.

All we've seen them do was guard naqahdah mines where slaves worked, transport crates of naqahdah, and that's all.

Only Goa'uld and Tok'ra have been seen to develop, build and repair ships and other Goa'uld systems.

Mixed to several facts, like Goa'uld able to build nanomachines (the "virus" Apophis used), the shape morphing tech used for a couple of things (helmets, battle console on a pel'tak, spike on Osiris' ship), people like Carter and Jacob repairing the ship's damaged systems from a single room (Exodus for example, where weapons, shields and hyperdrive were down because of the al'kesh's surprise assault), and structures autobuilding themselves extremely fast (the landing pads on Cimmeria, when Heru'ur took control of the planet), we have enough evidence that the Goa'uld do not share the blueprints, and have all systems automatized.

There's also the simple fact that the ha'tak, in Orpheus, was hardly crawling with workers.
                Same with Apophis' supership in fact (Upgrades I think).
                Last edited by Mister Oragahn; 30 August 2007, 11:17 AM.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

So my question is what level are the Jaffa on tech wise

There's no evidence to show that they have the ability to manufacture any technology. Everything they have, they got when the Goa'uld and Replicators were defeated. Once that supply of assets is gone, we'll see if they can actually make new technology.

It would depend on who they captured the ships from.

See the previous answer.

See my first answer.

Make anything of Anubis? Do you mean can they replicate Anubis' modifications he made to Goa'uld technology? If that's what you mean, I'd say probably not, unless they have existing technology to copy the modifications from. Even then, that doesn't mean they'd be able to modify a Ha'tak to have upgraded shields or weapons. You have to know how systems work in order to understand what changes you're making.

Have you noticed that we've never been introduced to a Jaffa scientist or engineer? We've seen politicians, we've seen lots of warriors, but no 'smart' or 'learned' Jaffa. This should give you an idea of how advanced they are.
                  Without scientists and engineers to understand the underlying science in Goa'uld technology, they won't be able to manufacture anything, or create anything themselves.
                  Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

It would be interesting if in fact, the Goa'uld civilisation as a whole would vanish.

I always loved how, in history, how certain civilisations, after reaching some kind of epithome in sciences, politics and war, suddenly winked and disappeared, often taking secrets with them.

The Jaffas aren't educated in sciences enough to retrofit the tech, and no one can help them do it.
                    The Tok'ra see their numbers shrinking, the remaining Goa'uld are hunted and fading out, and the Tau'ri does ships which I'm not sure the Jaffa will ever have the blueprints of.

I find it good in fact, a bit melancolic in a way, that the Jaffas are going to go through severe changes, and either merge, fade away or devlop a completely different low tech.

The only ones I've seen seemingly able to do something were the Lucians, and their associates (like the one working in a hangar were Death Gliders and bombers were repaired).

It will be very interesting to see how this evolves. The Jaffas are relatively proud and noble, but obviously can't replicate the tech.

The Lucians are criminals, but they know how to build, or at least repair several types of Goa'uld ships.

The Jaffa may start recruiting Lucians. Or kidnapping Lucians, go to war against them, or try to trade knowledge and services with techs acting as mercenaries. Maybe they'd try a coup to slowly pacify the Lucian Alliance from the inside.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Well, it's not like the Jaffa just outright need ships in the first place.

The ships they captured from their former gods are enough to suit their size (before the Trust wiped out Jaffa worlds), and in some cases, there are more than enough ships to go around. So they won't be needing to build much anymore.

I think that given some time, without intervention of the Ori or the Tau'ri, the Jaffa would either revert to a less advanced farming society or go into piracy. The reason being that they, aside from Teal'c and a few others, don't truly possess a grasp of Goa'uld magick. Even Teal'c is a bit slow when it comes to subatomic particles and the like (Absolute power). And he's been exposed to humans the most.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                        Well, it's not like the Jaffa just outright need ships in the first place.

The ships they captured from their former gods are enough to suit their size (before the Trust wiped out Jaffa worlds), and in some cases, there are more than enough ships to go around. So they won't be needing to build much anymore.

I think that given some time, without intervention of the Ori or the Tau'ri, the Jaffa would either revert to a less advanced farming society or go into piracy. The reason being that they, aside from Teal'c and a few others, don't truly possess a grasp of Goa'uld magick. Even Teal'c is a bit slow when it comes to subatomic particles and the like (Absolute power). And he's been exposed to humans the most.
                        Well, the Jaffa are just altered humans, so human ingenuity could probably help them reverse-engineer high tech like we do. Besides, I'm sure not ALL of them are warriors. We've seen Jaffa merchants and politicians.

Also, the Jaffa are, like the Ancients, written to be dumb. They SHOULD have been able to establish a fairly decent nation following the collapse of the Goa'uld, but TPTB keep them repeating the same dumb mistakes over and over and what-not...
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                          There's no evidence to show that they have the ability to manufacture any technology. Everything they have, they got when the Goa'uld and Replicators were defeated. Once that supply of assets is gone, we'll see if they can actually make new technology.

It would depend on who they captured the ships from.

See the previous answer.

See my first answer.

Make anything of Anubis? Do you mean can they replicate Anubis' modifications he made to Goa'uld technology? If that's what you mean, I'd say probably not, unless they have existing technology to copy the modifications from. Even then, that doesn't mean they'd be able to modify a Ha'tak to have upgraded shields or weapons. You have to know how systems work in order to understand what changes you're making.

Have you noticed that we've never been introduced to a Jaffa scientist or engineer? We've seen politicians, we've seen lots of warriors, but no 'smart' or 'learned' Jaffa. This should give you an idea of how advanced they are.
                          Without scientists and engineers to understand the underlying science in Goa'uld technology, they won't be able to manufacture anything, or create anything themselves.
                          I tend to agree. The jaffa have shown a level of technology, science & building standards of the Greo-Roman Empire; all the technology they have was captured by the the Free Jaffa during 'Reckoning, parts 1 & 2'.

We can safely assume they some knowledge of how Goa'uuld technology works, else they could not fly Ha'tak-class ships, alkesh (& so & so forth), & operate & maintain staff weapons, zat guns, the (now destroyed) Ancient monument on Dakara; etc- whether they can replicate this or learn to construct more is another matter entirely.

I think we can also safely assume that they would be working on learning these new skills in order to sustain, maintain & grow as a culture/soceity - again this is where their allies, like the Tok'Ra & the Tau'ri, come in handy & could possibly help - alhtough the Jaffa aare a strong & proud people; I couldn't see them asking for help unless they thought they really needed it. BUilding an entire sopciety based on the precepts of the old ways they used to follow & comming out of the shadow of tyranny & slavery centuries, if not eons, of serving the Goa'uuld is no small or easy task; but I am sure the Jaffa as a whole are up the task.

I guess time will ultimately tell in this regard, so all we can do is watch, wait, & learn. . .

Comment

I doubt the jaffa have a good understanding of science. They know how to use technology but there's no evidence to suggest they understand how to make it.
                            In earlier episodes in particular we see there are often gouald technicians working for the system lords, directing the developments, taking care of the brainwork. The jaffa are just the hired help, possibly only having the minimum understanding to complete the task, and certainly not having a good understanding of the whole project. It's likely the gouald do this deliberately to prevent the jaffa from understanding how things work to preserve the gouald's image of godliness. Who knows how many gouald technicians there are, there could be many more than we see on screen.

Comment

i would doubt we would give them anything, they are extremely unstable, change their mind often and very quickly, they make quick decisions, and would attack us in an instant
                              deviantArt

Favorite

Newest

Comment

Working...
                              X