John/D'Argo Discussion & Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John/D'Argo Discussion & Appreciation Thread

So this isn't really a place for slash, though I won't discourage it if anyone wants to go there. This is really just a thread to talk about the friendship between John Crichton and Ka D'Argo. Feel free to discuss your favorite scenes, episodes, post pictures, art, videos, etc.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

No slashing here ...

I've always liked how D'Argo and John seemed to constantly be on the verge of coming to physical blows if one just looked at the other one the wrong way. The writers seemed to have a lot of fun with this and it provided some great entertainment. Even in late S2, after they seem to have come to respect each other and even, maybe, be somewhat close to being friends, they still do this.

But my favorite D'Argo and John scene is from Won't Get Fooled Again when D'Argo proposes the "bonding" and the look on John's face is priceless!! It was so wrong it was hilarious!!

Farscape is great that it explored the friendships between different crew members - friendly or otherwise - and they actually developed (with the occassional set-backs) as the seasons progressed instead of being forgotten about.

Comment

I completely agree. I was just watching "Scratch n Sniff" last night and again there was that antagonistic relationship, although I think this time it was more fun, squabling type of conflict. I really enjoy when they but heads, but they also have a wonderful friendship where we see each of them trying to protect the other. Case in point, D'Argo trying to help John through his seperation from Aeryn (in both seasons 3 & 4). It was nice to see how that relationship matured over the course of the series.

But some of my favorite moments have to be the ones that some might consider slash gold. I just think it's so funny when the writers acknowledge that part of their relationship and have fun with it. Your comment from WGFA is a perfect example of that. That scene has to be one of my favorites from the entire series. It's just so...wrong! Hence, why it's so funny!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

hmm there's so many good moments between them, i like how they were playing Rock paper scissors in MtB... that scene is so damned funny
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X