Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about an Atlantis Movie?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think about an Atlantis Movie?

Who thinks that they should have an Atlantis movie? If you do, suggest a plot idea or two.
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

They would have to finish a few seasons up first. That would actually set up the universe, but at the same time it would have to be simple not to lose people who do not watch the series.
    When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

I'd say too soon. FAR too soon. Have they even finished shooting the end of this season yet?
      Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan
        I'd say too soon. FAR too soon. Have they even finished shooting the end of this season yet?
        No
        When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

Not really. A movie too far into the series could only ever attract fans of the show. However, a movie set between the first and second season would attract new people.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            Not really. A movie too far into the series could only ever attract fans of the show. However, a movie set between the first and second season would attract new people.
            But a movie this new in would have no real plot. No main enemy has emerged. No way to defeat an enemy who did appear. Even if it did, 20 minutes of the show would be dedicated to explain how they got there from the Milky Way and then explaining the Ancients. It just doesnt seem plausible.

Comment

I think it's too early to have an Atlantis movie for now... Maybe in a few years, between seasons 4 and 5, you know, somewhere in the middle of the series ... I think a movie would have to resolve at least one big storyline from the show.. Since nothing has had time to be definitly established as being a threat that has been lurking long enough to be wiped out, I don't think there would be a "potential" for a movie yet... IMHO movies of Scifi shows should be used to tie up loose ends, they shouldn't be stand alones...

Spoiler:
              [Weir] I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony
              [McKay] Oh believe me. That's not the first thing we tried
              [Sheppard, smiling] I shot him!

LyneSparrow
              ** I do Believe in Furlings, I do, I do!**

Comment

Eh... I wouldn't mind a Stargate movie with the Atlantis cast, but not for a bunch of years yet. Do SG-1 movies first!
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I agree, way to soon, And yes before they even consider an atlantis movie there needs to be some SG-1 movies.

As of plot ideas, still way to soon, they havent established enough in the series yet, in my opinion, there so called big enemy has barely shown us what they can do.

Comment

Yeah, it's WAY too early for a movie. Maybe in a few years it would be a better time.
                    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

There's nothing really to base a movie on yet. We don't want a movie that kills off the wraith. It's too early, and there's not yet an enemy in sight to come in and take their place. (Unless it's the Genii.) Yet a movie needs to have a definitive ending. It's just too early.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I agree. Too early, might do more damage than good if it sucked due to lack of plot. A Stargate SG-1 movie would be far more successful anyway.

Comment

ok, i get it, i was just wondering.
                          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Much too early to be thinking about his.

Comment

I agree with a Fisch and some others... It's far too early.

- The Genii would make for a lousy movie
                              - The Wraith are more like glorified boogy men that hide in little kid's closets
                              - An entire movie devoted to getting back to Earth wouldn't carrry enough umpf with it. Imagine- they finally get a new ZPM! Then they gate back to Earth and it's over... Bah.

Comment

Working...
                              X