Favorite Character Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Character Thread

Tell us what your favorite character from Farscape is, and maybe a brief explanation why. I will provide a list of the major characters here.....

John Crichton
    Aeryn Sun
    Ka D'Argo
    Dominar Rygel XVI
    Chiana
    Pilot
    Captain Bialar Crais
    Zhaan
    Scorpius
    Stark
    Jool
    Captain Braca
    Sikozu
    Utu-Noranti Pralatong
    Commandant Mele-On Grayza
    John Crichton
    41.57%
    Aeryn Sun
    30.34%
    Ka D'Argo
    1.12%
    Dominar Rygel XVI
    1.12%
    Chiana
    3.37%
    Pilot
    4.49%
    Captain Bialar Crais
    1.12%
    Zhaan
    3.37%
    Scorpius
    8.99%
    Stark
    1.12%
    Jool
    1.12%
    Captain Braca
    0.00%
    Sikozu
    2.25%
    Utu-Noranti Pralatong
    0.00%
    0.00%
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

I would rank my top picks as such...
    1) John Crichton ... what's not to love, just a great character.
    2) Scorpius ... creepy, engaging, unforgettable, intelligent...etc...
    3) Rygel ... loved his attitude and most of his dedicated episodes were fantastic.
    4) Aeryn Sun ... I just love strong beautiful women, Caludia Black is a brilliant actress.
    5) Pilot & Moya ... both sweet loving souls.
    6) Zhaan ... brilliantly written character.
    7) Ka D'Argo ... I enjoyed the buddy relationship John and him shared.
    8) Chiana ... beautiful and sexy, I had a major crush on her.
    9) Jool ...got to love the scream.
    10) Commandant Mele-On Grayza ... another strong and sexy woman.

Comment

I haven't watched all of Farscape yet but Chiana is one I like to see I like scrappy characters
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Mine would be:
        John Crichton
        Aeryn Sun
        Harvey
        Scorpius

The rest kinda depend on which episode I watch.

Hey fifth race, maybe you should throw in 1812 and Winona in there as well. It'd be fun to see them get some votes in.
        Marge Simpson: [eight years in the future, praising technology] It's great! We can do *anything* now that Science has invented Magic.

Comment

My picks in order of favorite:

Aeryn Sun
          Pilot
          Sikozu
          Zhaan
          Jool
          Scorpius
          Captain Braca
          Ka D'Argo
          John Crichton
          Dominar Rygel XVI
          Captain Bialar Crais
          Stark
          Chiana
          Utu-Noranti Pralatong
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

My favorites would be:

Crichton - Like Starbase said, what's not to love. I love his progression how he starts out as a mostly non-violent innocent sort of guy that tries to help others, and later gradually becomes more hardened and less caring of others beyond his crew members.
            Scorpius - Best villain ever. Enough said really.
            Crais - Just a fascinating character, he should've gotten more episodes focused on him imo!
            Aeryn - Her episodes were always great, mostly because of Claudia's great acting. Only thing I didn't like was that I thought she became slightly too girlish by Season 4.
            Rygel - Just so much fun to watch, I-Yensch You-Yensch is such a great showcase of him.
            Pilot - I liked the gentleness of the character. I find it funny how Kahaynu shuns him away as if he's not worthy.
            D'argo - I really sympathized with the character in Suns and Lovers. He acts like an idiot a lot, so I think its pretty neat that they still pulled off that aspect so well. His buddy relationship with Crichton was awesome.

I don't think I disliked any character but I didn't particularly care for Jool. Also I thought Zhaan's writing was off in season 2, maybe because Chiana kinda overshadowed her and all that Zhaan was left with was the spiritual stuff. Maybe I didn't understand the character, but she seemed sorta selfish and arrogant as the show went on and not in a good way. Like they were trying too hard to make her flawed or something. I do think she had a graceful exit though.
            Last edited by The Sweet Guy; 23 August 2007, 01:32 PM.

Comment

My vote goes to... the one, the only... the man whose patience knows no boundaries or limits: Scorpius. He was the perfect foil for the heroic John Crichton. A great addition to the show.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Chrichton - obvious reasons
                Aeryn - she just rocks
                D'Argo - at least once they got over trying to make him their version of a Klingon - I hate the Klingons!
                Chiana - I hated her at first, but she grew on me
                Pilot - what's not to love!
                Harvey
                Rygel
                Zhaan - I can't help it, I still find her a hypocrite after DNA Mad Scientist
                Scorpius
                Sikozu - *****, but a good character
                Stark
                Jool - the scream dropped her down a few points
                Crais
                Noranti
                Braca
                Graza
                Last edited by joshing123; 22 August 2007, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Although it was a tough decision, I'd have to go with John as my favorite character.

My top five would probably be -

1) John Crichton;
                  2) Aeryn Sun;
                  3) Scorpius;
                  4) Ka D'Argo; and
                  5) Rygel
                  (not necessarily in that order.)
                  Last edited by the fifth man; 23 August 2007, 05:49 PM.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Where's the "All of them" option?
                    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I failed to give my top picks for favorite character when I started the thread, so here goes....

1 - Scorpius: I rank Scorpius and DS9's Gul DuKat as the 2 best scifi villains of all time.
                      2 - John Crichton: Funny, brave and oh so perfect for the role he played. A true hero in his own right.
                      3 - Rygel: There were times I hated the little baztard but he really went a long way in making the show as great as it is.
                      4 - Aeryn Sun: Her character kept developing and developing to wonderful new levels. Never boring and never predictable.
                      5 - Ka D'Argo: What a great warrior character, reminded me a lot of a Klingon (which is a good thing).
                      6 - Zhaan: That was one sexy plant!. what a brilliantly thought out character.
                      7 - Pilot and Moya: What a beautiful relationship, they were the antithesis of everything good on Farscape.
                      8 - Chiana: I had a major crush on that beautifully grey wild woman.

Honorable mentions to all the rest of characters.
                      Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                      Where's the "All of them" option?
                      LOL, I thought the same thing when trying to put my list in order. There are no really bad characters in Farscape.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

It's hard to pick between Aeryn and John, but I'd have to go with Aeryn for favorite. I love Aeryn.

As for order:
                        Aeryn Sun
                        John Crichton
                        Pilot
                        Dominar Rygel XVI
                        Zhaan
                        Ka D'Argo
                        Scorpius
                        Chiana
                        Captain Braca
                        Sikozu
                        Jool
                        Captain Bialar Crais
                        Utu-Noranti Pralatong
                        Stark
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

I have trouble choosing between John Crichton and Aeryn Sun.
                          sigpic

Comment

John Crichton is my favorite, then Chiana. [okay, that could be Chiana if the hair were whiter. work with me here! ]

Then Aeryn except when they were cranking up the angst and having her put Crichton through the ringer.

The others I like, but in no particular order...

I like D'Argo when he was doing the buddy-thing with Crichton. Great comedy/action team.

Yes, Scorpius [or ?] was a great villian. I like that he had a great respect for Crichton, the man he was hunting and hope to beat. I think Grayza was also a "villian". [although the boob sweat was kind of silly]

Sometimes liked, sometimes didn't: Crais and Stark

I think Rygel was a great character, but sometimes my overall impression is that I don't care for him. Then I realize that he really is a great character. I'm torn. It's weird.

The only person I really didn't care for was Jothee. He just annoyed me. I thought he was okay in PKWars, though.

But John is, far and away, my favorite character.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              I have trouble choosing between John Crichton and Aeryn Sun.
                              Not to worry. I'm sure many others share that same problem with you.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X