The Lost Tales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lost Tales

So has anyone else watched the Lost Tales yet.

I thought it was pretty good. Bit of a let down but It was still great to see sheridan and lochley again and I thought it was a great tribute that they mentioned both G'Kar and Franklin going beyond the rim.

The stories them selves were also not quite up to b5 specs but nevertheless.........GOD B5 looked beautiful. as did the starfuries.

What do you all think?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Agreed the CG was incredible, especially the opening sequence and the Earth/Centauri battle.

That saying the stories wereterrible although Sheridans story was better than Lochleys which was just gawd awfull. They could have least have set up a story that would continue onto what will hopefully be others

Comment

the more i whatch the more i like true it has several limtations due to buget but the cgi is the best i've seen since bsg/firefly

Comment

I loved it. It was one of the mosty low-budge things I have ever seen...buy damn if it wasn't written greatly. The conclusions of both tales knocked my socks off. I really hope there's more to come.
        Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
        http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Overall I was dissapointed with Lost Tales.

For me, not getting to see certain parts of the station was the biggest let down. I wanted to see C&C, or the Zoccolo, or even Lochley's office. Just something familiar. Anything familiar.

I realize that the sets are no longer around, and re-creating them was not in the budget, yadda yadda yadda, but I can't help but feel like I didn't REALLY get to go back to B5 for a visit.

The only places we got to see were Lochley's quarters, some hallways, the room the possessed guy was locked in, some more hallways, a not so good CGI landing pad, and yet more hallways. That could have been any old station. I wanted to see something that really signified that they were on Babylon 5.

Comment

Meh. I didn't like the first plot... well I liked the end of it... But I definitely liked the second plot. Lots of potential there.

But I dunno. A lot of parts felt like the good 'ol B5, but some parts, like the lack of extras, didn't. I really wish they could get more of the familiar faces but... yeah... low budget.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Not low budget especially, but I think they blew most of the budget on CGI.
              sigpic

Comment

It actually looks rather good for low budget. You can tell that it's low budget, but it's done well...

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

I haven't seen it yet, as it's not yet out in region 2... Will soon, though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well that's done it! I've just pre-ordered the region two version of The Lost Tales from play.com. It's due for release in the UK on the 3rd September. I have read a few balanced reviews of this feature and thought what the hey, it'll be good to see some new stories set in the B5 universe, even though it is a low budget production.
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I didn't like the first story at all. It didn't feel... babylon5ish to me. It felt more like some half-baked episode of The Outer Limits. The second story was pretty good though.

Comment

I admit the first story wasn't as good as the second but I still enjoyed it. I'm hoping that they'll do more lost tales now. Perhaps with two other characters like ivanova and garibaldi.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I thought the quailty of the writing in this was extremely poor and the stories overly simple stank of JMS just getting what ever crap he wanted in. Warning, spoilers for the dvd follow:

I mean common, a demonic possession and a catholic priest? Is this really the best B5 story he could come upp with? If it is then there is no reason to make any more of these DVD´s.

Personally I was hoping this would focus more on large picture events rather then event´s that would have made for at bes a c- filler episode when the series was still in production.

That said, it was nice to see Sheridan again as well as Gallen even if I thought it incredibly stupid that the only way to save earth was to kill this guy.Why was Earth the only power standing in the centauri way? What about the interstellar alliance? You´d think that would object to the centauri wiping out Earth.

Comment

Wish it were longer.

Comment

after seeing lost tales, it seems to me that the b5 saga is more or less finished....JMS should make a movie based on crusade to continue that show because we never got to see what happened, sort of how serenity conluded firefly

Comment

Working...
                              X