This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Jackets

I'm new here so forgive me if this is a repeat of a repeat. Are there any online stores where you can order Stargate Jackets, hates, patches, etc. The Gateroom has been shut down. I've searched the net I don't know how much. So any suggestions? Sorry again if I'm repeating.
    You always gotta go that one step further dontcha!

Actually, now that you mention it, I was just wondering to myself where I might find a Stargate keychain, or necklace/bracelet etc.
    This doesn't help you out very much, sorry.
    I know I saw some merchandise like that at the official con tour. But seeing as that's over I'm not sure how that helps you

*chuckles( OK, well, googling it gets me this
    But I can't tell anything about the quality Any suggestions?

Comment

http://www.kmkeirns.com/SG1/costuming.html

Is the list of all the costume resources i had (wrote it up last night as it happens). The link for Jackets is to an ebay seller in Poland, but he lists them like clockwork and if he doesn't have one up now, he'll have on up in a few days I'm sure.

I have one, and while it's a bit greener than I thought it would be, it's still very nicely made and I certainly can't complain about it. It was well worth what I payed for it.

Comment

Thanks for your help.
        You always gotta go that one step further dontcha!

Comment

www.SG-Command.net is also a resource for costuming stuff

the closest you can get to the jacket commercially is a WEP-8 flight jacket

they cost around 100 or so
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            www.SG-Command.net is also a resource for costuming stuff

the closest you can get to the jacket commercially is a WEP-8 flight jacket

they cost around 100 or so
            http://www.flightsuits.com/jackets_g8wep.html is the most consistant place i know of to get a G-8 WEP. For $128. It was a US Navy/Marine Corps jacket that was discontinued in the late 1980s, but is still privately purchased by pilots.

Comment

yep, that's where i got mine from

sigpic

Comment

Skydiver

I've also been looking to find the best place for these Jackets

The ones at flightsuits.com look great, but I have read that these are shiny nylon, and that the 'real' ones used in the program are not shiny but cotton in Olive Drab Colour.

Skydiver, how does yours look?

is it shiny?
                or does it look OK?
                Did you somehow manage to order it in the cotton finish instead?
                Does it match the trousers well?

I and others would be grateful for more information from you, Thanks

Regards

Peter (UK)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad-Rat
                  The ones at flightsuits.com look great, but I have read that these are shiny nylon, and that the 'real' ones used in the program are not shiny but cotton in Olive Drab Colour.
                  I think you might be running into people who did not get the correct jacket. Most G-8 WEP's arent shinny.

Comment

the one i got was shiny

my one issue with it is that it's made of thinsulate. which is great for a winter coat. it's massively warm. however that alos makes it hard to wear casually. It's like my down coat, i can't drag it out until it gets sub freezing

sigpic

Comment

the one i got was shiny

my one issue with it is that it's made of thinsulate. which is great for a winter coat. it's massively warm. however that alos makes it hard to wear casually. It's like my down coat, i can't drag it out until it gets sub freezing
                      I stand corrected. *bows to the person who bought from that source*

The Polish jacket I got is cotton finish, and nicely made, but very much more a true green than an olive drab. My only issue with it is that the ellastic around the waist is a bit ... agressive. But that's only because it's very well made.

Comment

Thanks Skydiver,

So, the ones at flightsuits.com are not supposed to be shiny, yet the one you got was shiny!

The plot thickens, and just as I thought I had the mystery solved, it seems not

So, where on earth do I get a non shiny M-8 Wep Jacket ?

I thought I had it nailed with - http://www.flightsuits.com/jackets_g8wep.html (apparently shiny)

There is another here - http://www.allseasonsuniforms.com/sp21b.htm (looks shiny to me)

And Another - http://www.qmuniforms.com/itemdy00.a...1.x=90&I1.y=57 (this one looks shiny too)

As for the warmth, well, living in the UK as I do, thats a benefit, not a problem

Peter

Comment

i would suggest e-mailing the company and ask them if they make the jackets in a cotton outer layer (or canvas, just not nylon)
                          it may be an option that i didn't know to ask for.

i think, at the sg1 command link, there is a link to a place/company that will custom make the jackets. problem is, for me, they're around 120-150...more than i can justify for a costume

sigpic

Comment

i think, at the sg1 command link, there is a link to a place/company that will custom make the jackets. problem is, for me, they're around 120-150...more than i can justify for a costume
                            I think they are more like $250 USD...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                              I think they are more like $250 USD...
                              ouch. then that's even more than i can justify for a costume
                              heck, i won't even find and shell out 60 for the combat boots, so you know the jacket is pretty much out of my budget

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X